Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

I thought saboing event-hooks was gone?

Wasnt this scummy feature disable in the last event with event hooks?

Just had a funny swf sabo-squad that broke my event hooks one after another.

Comments

• PistolTimbPistolTimb Member Posts: 1,414

People think they're really funny when they sabo my hooks. Luckily pop goes the wheesel ruins their event gens so I guess it makes us even.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Survivors find it fun. Remember, the devs’ current design philosophy has Survivor fun as the top priority.

• VincentRedfieldVincentRedfield Member Posts: 285

Which is why survivors on xbox and pc have such long ques... Oh wait only killers make those "long que time" threads.

• xGREENCATxxGREENCATx Member Posts: 431

Yeah I dont understand why they stated they took it away, but added this feature back without reason. Really not fun..

• JudgementJudgement Member Posts: 955

My point of view on it? Nothing besides the Rift gives progress toward the event or its cosmetics. Hooks and gens only give bonus points, so there’s no reason for the former to be unbreakable since you can’t ‘impede Killers progress on completing the event’.

TL;DR, We got BHVR’d again lmao

• BithardBithard Member Posts: 406

It's made it easier to catch killers out with sabotaging hooks. They always go for the event hook even if it's a bit further so easy to predict.

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 6,026

I just don't play if they're sabo'ing hooks right now. At most, I'll camp an event gen to return the favor, but otherwise, I'll just afk somewhere until they finish gens and leave. I don't care about pipping, and if they don't want Altruism points for rescuing people off the hook, then it's really nothing to me.

• CotJockyCotJocky Member Posts: 208

They took away the ability to sabo the hooks in the Summer BBQ event. I thought it was an excellent idea and I play more survivor than killer. To go back to making them sabo-able was a bad idea IMO, but maybe it was related to the delay issues? Maybe that was something they didn't have time to worry about being the event almost missed the holiday it was intended for?

I hope the next event that has 'event hooks", they will once again make them un-sabo-able.

But I will also say that if only 1 offering is played, the game tends to spawn the event gens close together so a killer can protect them from being done if he wanted to be an ass, but now with this event, if 5 gens are completed, it counts that all event gens have been done even if those were note the ones touched so you still get your event gen points. In the past, that was not the case. In the past, a killer could deny you the event gens and screw you out of your points.

So they kind of buffed the survivors ability to get their event points, but regressed the killers ability to do so. I call foul. Keep the survivor buff for all 5 gens being completed, but reinstate the un-sabo-able hooks for killer. I think that is a pretty decent common ground so that everyone has a fair chance at getting their event points.