Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

How do you have fun against sweaty SWF survivor groups?

2»

Comments

• PoisonHurtsPoisonHurts Member Posts: 48

Then depip. Me and my friends have tons of fun with swf and I would stop playing if swf wasn't in the game. I think the solution to both sides is to strengthen the less mobile killers

• CymerCymer Member Posts: 942

This realization hits every killer player at some point and why you sporadically see SWF=cheating posts.

It really depends how you define your fun.

If you want to win-win you yourself have to play sweaty.

Exploit everything they give you. Camp when you have to, tunnel where you must, focus on your gens.

Don't over commit in a chase. If you cannot down one quick enough, switch targets and disrupt their plan.

Don't play their game. They often try to lure you in unfavorable chases.

There is always a weak link, find that survivor and snowball of it.

If you wanna "cheat", bring a Mori. Ebony or Ivory. Either kick one out at the start of the match and make them salty, often results in more failure due to salt or you reduce all hooks to 1. Cannot guarantee the favor of the entity.

Alternative you can say, ######### it and play your own game. Play silly and goofy. Try a meme build you just like to try out. RP, like recrate the Halloween Movie with Michael, find your Obsession and stalk/follow him and hit or kill/slug everyone who comes in your way. Works well with Rancor.

Just pick a killer, think of a theme and roll with it.

You probably won't pip, but have your fun and occasionally you throw them so of their game that you slaughter them all. That's pure Bliss.

Just find your way of fun and see you in the fog.

PS. If they bring a lot of items, try Franklin's just for fun. You might like it =)

• Mtom912Mtom912 Member Posts: 740

Might sound condescending, but just get better, know how to end chases quickly, when to leave them, how to keep map pressure and get people off gens

people who say you have to tunnel, camp etc are wrong

you can play normally and can 4K against a 4 man, can even do it with killers like wraith

Personally I don’t care if I’m versing a 4 man swf, and even at rank 1 I don’t care what killer I play, I play whatever killer I feel like playing, maybe I’ll do well, maybe I won’t

• kazzymoyashikazzymoyashi Member Posts: 126

Honestly, my best advice is to meme at that point. If they are receptive to it, then meme with them and have some good giggles. If they aren't, then just chill till they finish the gens, open a door, and then go sit in a corner facing it till they either leave or the entity kills them.

I play both sides, though I will admit I am a bit more survivor sided. At the end of the day, just try not to take the game so seriously because even in losing, it can be fun. I've had matches where as survivor, I will attempt to meme with the killer if two to three gens pop in 3 minutes because it's honestly not fun to gen rush. I like the thrill of the chase and of being cheeky in a fun way. But I feel that survivors at purple and red ranks are so used to sweaty killers that they sweat too and it becomes a negative feedback loop or whatever where they both feed each other.

• KenshinKenshin Member Posts: 912

its not fun and fair when they know what they are doing. just dodge them.

• 2Khours2Khours Member Posts: 158

by getting 4K with 2 gens done

• ChilledOceanChilledOcean Member Posts: 31

Anyone can win against swf. You're thinking about it all wrong. Sure it's nice to hook every survivor twice before killing them. But in high rank play it's not an option really anymore. So a couple things you can do to make your life better without being an ass which it sounds like you're trying to do example no tunneling or face camping. Plus usually you lose if you do that here is what you shall do. First consider the gens you have when initiating a chase with a survivor. Like 2 survivors on a gen and 1 of the 2 has been hooked already. If there's 3 gens left I'm going for the guy who's closer to death. It's not my fault I found you. Another thing to consider is just hitting a survivor off a gen. If I see someone on a gen and I'm in chase with a different survivor I'd push the people off the gen. A big thing to consider is to know when to give up chases especially if they're looping you really well. Just give up and try and get them when they're out in the open. Like survivors that run for infinites just give up and run unless you know for 100% that you can end the infinite fast. The last thing to consider is once you hook someone you need to pressure fast. A swf squad is going to send one person to rescue. You need to intercept that one going so another survivor has to do it. In the end swf are going to be doing gens so you need to make as many of them stay off gens as possible. Some perks I'd run i I know it's swf is BBQ or discordance. I'd run surveillance because a lot like to run back and just tap gens. If u don't run discordance I'd run ruin to give you time to find a survivor. (Once you get a hook you should be on a survivor most of the game after your first hook.) The last perk would be just a perk that helps your killer like save the best on those m1 killers. You could swap surveillance for pop too. I don't think you need to sweat against swf but it does require thinking and some good perks to do well against them.

• XergeXerge Member Posts: 928

I really don't know how often it happens, but I've seen it happen to tru3talent a few times and I've read a few testimonies on the forum. Maybe it doesn't happen very often, but I imagine it must feel frustrating to manage to get a 4k at red ranks with low tier killers after a hard fought battle and still depip.

• RinthespookiRinthespooki Member Posts: 255

you don't. you are supposed to stand there an take it like a good little killer bot.

(even if you are extremely skillfull as a killer , have the best perks, you can still be bent down by optimal swf due to how poorly balanced it is)

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,181

i usually dont mind, though what i admit i hate with a passion is teams that are working coordinated on gens with the only goal of fixing those damn things asap.

like, they dont heal they dont do totems, they dont do anything but gens.

where is the fun in that?

• SilverbusaSilverbusa Member Posts: 19

Wait for Behaviour to quit being stupid and put comms in the game for all survivors that way they can balance killer against 100% SWF. That, or go back to no SWF.

"Well not everyone will use mics."

And when they don't have mics in lobby, other survivors will dodge them. The no mic crew can play together or get mics.

• DeKillerKillerDeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547

Optimal survivor teams tend to run with a plan.

If that plan is screwed up, they will start to falter as a team and panic.

I know this is the case because everytime I play against an OoO Optimal team and I bring a blindness addon, when they cant see me and their teammate that runs OoO is in danger. NONE of them will be doing generators and instead start to try and bodyblock me from hitting them or hooking them.

If you find a sweaty SWF group, try to make them change their plans or make them panic. Usually it ends with them biting the dust.

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,631

Ya dont

• SteelDragonSteelDragon Member Posts: 745

there is a reason I de ranked out of red ranks

• KabuKabu Member Posts: 926
    edited November 2019

Play as Wraith then stand in a corner while cloaked. Don't give them the match they want. If any other killer then just hang out in the basement. Interact with them as little as possible. Once gens are powered open the exit gates so they can't draw it out.

If they message you anything afterwards say gg close game.

• SteelDragonSteelDragon Member Posts: 745

you don't, you either bring a mori to ruin their time or you DC forcing them to wait longer for a game

• OkapiOkapi Member Posts: 839

If the match is going badly just go AFK. No need to endure typical SWF nonsense if you don't want to and you're not having fun. Never DC though. That's rude and toxic. Don't do that.

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

You don't. Sweaty SWF teams are nearly as bad as Nurse with overpowered add-ons (pre nerf).

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 5,033

You'll eventually learn who plays with who and what load outs they typically use. I won't name anyone, but I know one commando unit I run into a few times a week runs two OoO, 4 DS, 2 BT, 2 Iron Will minimum. There's absolutely no point in playing an M1 killer against them, or a set up killer like Trapper or Hag. Point being, the super unfun ones tend to at least be predictable when you get enough hours in at the same ranks. How do I have fun against them? I don't. A well-coordinated SWF of good players is not going to lose unless you're a good Nurse or they throw the game.

• You basically don't. If you get a diehard SWF group you're probably just not going to be playing that match. You are going to be their punching bag because the matchmaker doesn't consider SWF and their voice communication, or about how bad you are with that particular very different killer.

• Huntress4LifeHuntress4Life Member Posts: 48

My advice is stay in low green and a but into yellow, but be chill against the survivors

• Angelicus23Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,502
    edited November 2019

play some matches with other 3 friends you'll see the real feeling, but not random premades, I mean real friends.

• katoptriskatoptris Member Posts: 2,288

Run forever Freddy due to borrowed time and to the slow the game down just a lil bit.

• JnnsMuJnnsMu Member Posts: 242

I usually just chill, accept my probable defeat and the fun just comes from playing the game. I understand where you're coming from but I'm one of those masochistic freaks who play add-on-less Legion in red ranks so I don't really care about the result of the matches and just play for fun.

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 6,151

There is no "having fun" against SWF. You're most likely going to lose, so you just have to take as many of them as you can with you.

• XergeXerge Member Posts: 928

I play solo all the time, but last night someone invited me to play with them and asked me to use comms. I usually don't use comms because it breaks the immersion and makes the game a lot easier for me; you know, the gen at X spot is about to pop, I'm working on a gen near the killer shack, I'm going for the unhook, killer is with me, killer is heading your way, totem is inside killer shack, pass next to this locker to head on the killer, etc.

I agreed to use comms only because we had a rank 20 who has just started playing the game and I thought it would be a good idea to use comms to even the odds because we were going against purple and red ranks.

All the free information you can get playing swf with comms is a bit too much to say the least. I don't think it's fair and balanced at all. I wish I had all that free information as a killer without having to sacrifice perk slots.

The only killers that managed to kill us all were a red ranks Nurse and a red rank Spirit. The nurse pretty much kicked our asses, but we almost escaped from the Spirit.

• necromeatnecromeat Member Posts: 24

Yeah. But in my experience, what is a meta perk other than someone showing people a devastating way to use it? Like, all it takes is a streamer to use a perk with a killer well and tell people its awesome and just like that, its a meta perk. Don’t get too wrapped up in that.

As to saying someone is bad if they depip as survivor, thats not realistic. All it takes is losing a chase even after looping for 3-5 minutes, getting hooked and the other 3 people let you die on first hook. Or you start the game, some one gets chased and 2-3 minutes into the game you get a gen done and that person disconnect on first down. Then another person disconnects right after. You get in a chase, even 6000 points pf boldness and 1 gen is still a depip. But maybe its different on pc. I play on ps4.

but yeah, kling. Playing multiple killers is nice. Helps you form a lot of strategies in a general sense of playing killer.

• HuN7r3sSHuN7r3sS Member Posts: 211

If you get looped around for a gen or more, you probably should make it a habit to break from chase and patrol gens tougher. The gen jockeys are what's carrying the progression and if their gone then the rest of them will just fall in place.

• theArashitheArashi Member Posts: 995

You can hope for them ######### up, hope for them meming or just get few chases and kill maybe one of them and if you are using rather weak killer, get ready for some ass whooping.

You can use all of the tech imaginable but survivors always had the counter against everything killer can do and it's up to them to use it properly.