Home Dead by Daylight Forums Share Your Work Media Lounge

For those who complain about spirit watch this video

SteelDragonSteelDragon Member Posts: 745
edited November 2019 in Media Lounge

enough said, it is not because she is unfair, it is because you refuse to learn how to couter her. this is looping spirit LIKE A M2 KILLER NOT A M1 KILLER.

Loop with a brain not just loop in a circle brainless, that is how spirit gets easy downs.

Comments

• SteelDragonSteelDragon Member Posts: 745

she can't see you either, only hear you and your scratch marks, you can manipulate those to make her go somewhere where you are not

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

The Spirit doesn't counterplay that because assuming you are doing it right counterplaying it means not counterplaying the more common course of action most Survivors take thus making her overall do better off by not countering it.

• TheRoyalOwlTheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749

But if she is in line of sight, she can just fake a phase walk. Than react off of your mindgame.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 5,478

Sounds good on paper.

Fun fact, just as much as there are many "safe" "semi safe" areas, there are also areas where there is a pallet and nothing else around, so why on earth would you move to an empty area?

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 9,702

"So please explain to me, if doing the opposite of what a Spirit is supposed to be expecting is what the survivor is supposed to do, then why doesn't the Spirit just counterplay that?"

Because people don't do it, instead they come here to the forums complaining for a nerf. Also, even if people did start finally, Tru3 answered your question completely in his video already if you watched it.

"See how quickly we go in circles here? This is why I don't find Spirit fun to play against, because it goes in circles and therefore just becomes the infamous guessing game people complain about."

It doesn't go in circles. The video explains this quite clearly.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 9,702

Her fake phase is far enough away you can react when she starts walking towards you. You don't slow walk towards her ever in case she is faking it, that would be a misplay.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 5,478

@Sairek Add the fact that she can hear you EXTREMELY good, while injured and this takes away any possible unpredictable movement.

But the survivor cant tell when she is phasing, so how are they supposed to know when to fake whatever they are doing?

• Can do what ? Watch her 'mindgaming' via standing still ?

that is why you don't just stand around doing nothing, plus it is not like spirit has unlimited phase, if she hasn't gotten out of phase in X amount of time you know she was faking it and can use that knowledge appropriately

edited November 2019

when we use a youtuber to talk about spirit balance it is "his thinking is wrong" but when you use other content creators like Otzdarva and Zuba to justify a killer being "unfair" it is fine

Gotta love double standards

and i use Tru3 vids because it is not just someone saying "o yeah she is balanced" and does nothing else, he gives his claim then backs it up with evidence, scenarios, his own experience etc. this knowledge he gives is the main part for me linking the video not the "this youtuber said spirit is fine so she is fine" it is the INFORMATION

and I don't, there is things i don't agree with about Tru3 others I do. im not saying Tru3's word is law, im giving an example of someone who can loop the un loopable spirit, and he shares his knowledge to other which can then be shared to other people who would instead of learning these on their own, go to the forums to complain about spirit. like I said the knowledge in the video is the main reason of me posting it in this thread, that is why the title is

For those who complain about spirit watch this video

NOT

Tru3talent says spirit is balanced so she is balanced

• 2Khours2Khours Member Posts: 158

i main spirit, she'S my fav killer and i destroy everyone, and even without iron will, i coutner her like this because i know what i can see and hear, i can counter her because i play her perfectly, i get 4K nearly every single game because i know hoe she work and how to use her, and when she chase me i always last for a while, unlike any other survivors going down at the first face

But if they aren't in LoS they probably arent at the pallet or window to do any mindgames.

• FriendlyGuyFriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

No, but you shouldn't ignore killer skill, because survivors wanna be in control of a chase. A good survivor should be able to loop a killer for a certain amount of time, but not forever.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

The thing is, that's not entirely true.

Not because unpredictability doesn't eventually play out like that, it eventually will. But rather because most Survivor do a only one of a few actions which are easy to catch simultaneously.

This means that even though the act of being unpredictable is itself as a whole predictable, the specific method is not even when in theory it is known.

The Spirit will counter which most Survivors do, and most Survivors don't know to think in terms of high level predictions so the Spirit can act with that in mind.

If you are the exception and do anything else the Spirit can't know you are one until you do it, afterwords we can start talking about it getting super complicated but for that first interaction she has no reason to think you are any different from the last 10 idiot Survivors she just faced.

• ScottJundScottJund Member Posts: 1,040

That's what happens though? No one can loop a killer forever.

• xZeroStrikexZeroStrike Member Posts: 133
    edited November 2019

All of this is assuming you are uninjured and/or are running Iron Will (which both will be made somewhat irrelevant if Spirit has Stridor).

That's also considering you do not touch grass or corn, or any other moveable foliage.

It's banking on the hopes of Spirit not bumping into you.

And let's be honest, most loops aren't that large anymore; It will take a Spirit but a second to phase around halfway (she can use the out-of-phase speed boost to cover the other half). If she sees you've played her, she gets back in control as she can now break pallet or if the loop is really tiny (autohaven loops are very small for example), simply walk around. She'll have lost maybe 2/3 seconds in this case.

And well, all of his examples in this video assume you have a pallet / window readily available (RiP survivors on Coldwind), and are able to move out of the way fast enough for Spirit to not get you literally 2 seconds after exiting phase and readjusting. For example his window tech will be incredibly hard to pull off on a short L-wall T-wall.

Don't get me wrong, they're good techniques to try out when you are versing a Spirit, and on paper it sounds powerful, but there's still a ton of basic necessities on the survivor's side (starting with Iron Will being a MUST), and overall it will likely save you for only 2/3 seconds longer if even that against a decent Spirit (what with loops being fairly spread out now, most loops being unsafe to begin with, and maps not having all that many pallets left).

Edit: Add @ScottJund 's points to this and not much has changed in the end.

• justarandyjustarandy Member Posts: 1,711

It's more than enough to hear survivors. Guess why we all struggle catching survivors when the engine update destroys the sound again and we can't hear footsteps or injury moaning in a jungle gym.