Home Discussions General Discussions

Nurse Talk: Balance

2»

Comments

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,215

My thing is she is unfun to play as now., she is also unfun to play against now as the chase feels very boring :/ that's my problem with her changes.

• IrisoraIrisora Member Posts: 553

Pretty well explained how she is right now. I wonder is the devs are going to revert some nerfs or just leave her in this mess. Waiting for tp cooldown is definitively the worse thing they did. I would be happy to play her again if they just change that back. Now shes too much estressing and unfun to play.

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 7,323

I see, I am mistaken, then that makes 70% of the add-ons underwhelming, but still, not all add-ons need to be OP to be good, through.

• rch614rch614 Member Posts: 488

Sums up my opinion as well.

I do also think it's worth mentioning that killers still need to adjust to the new Nurse. Nurse is mostly muscle memory when it comes to blinks and these changes along with dedicated servers really can affect how people play.

That said she is still pretty good in a skilled player's hands and most people are overreacting to her basekit nerfs, even if the nerfs were too much.

• Ted talks are mostly garbage. Also my 4k rate fell below ~75% of my games. Nurse is F tier now

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I personally like how some of the add-ons are geared towards special effects, sure some of them are bit meh but auto-blink, making people scream, tracer blink, those are cool! If the Screaming one had more range then it would be more useful or usable anyway, if more Killers got add-ons like this then the game could be geared more towards having fun instead of feeling competitive.

Most Killers are add-on dependent but if they weren't then they could use more interesting and actually engaging add-ons. 

Also I don't play Nurse so I won't be making any actual comments towards good and bad when it comes to her, just observations concept wise; she's not my style.

• SpaceCoconutSpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

The important thing that you're forgetting about is that the devs have said that their goal when considering "balance" isn't to actually buff or nerf the killer but to make them fun to play and play against.

I'd like to see two official polls posing these questions to players.

Is the Nurse more fun to play as?

Is the Nurse less fun to play as?

=====

Is the Nurse more fun to play against?

Is the Nurse less fun to play against?

It's been touted here and there that getting rid of Omega blink was good because it was too strong and players would also play without addons since they hurt more than helped.

Omega is gone now, but are the addons more helpful than they used to be?

With the tweak to her power, was it necessary? Or would the addon changes have been enough without it?

There are some survivor mains talking about how unfun she is to go against now and even more players saying how unfun she is to play.

• UxoricideUxoricide Member Posts: 218

Yeah it'd be great if devs could jump in this discussion to see what their thoughts are now after this patch. Does anyone know one? ?

• SoultillerSoultiller Member Posts: 40

I would really like to hear from the Dev's on this and maybe some data since post patch. BVHR pls <3

• FriendlyGuyFriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Omega blink is not back. Kavanaghs is okay to give her back some map pressure, especially in combination with an CD addon or Campbells. Not as strong as old base nurse, but okay.

3 blink nurse is extremely bad on most maps, so no, not a good build and on top of that not even very efficient, because you have to load up three instead of two blinks.

CD addons are her only viable build atm, so yes, use that addons.

I'm okay with the Jenners and the Anxious change, but all of the other ones would be either a too big buff or nerf.

• snozersnozer Member Posts: 776

and the other half just make up for base kit nerf so.. still disgustingly terrible. None of her addons are actually good.

What we really need is to increase repair time to make toolboxes mandatory, then we need to make it so survivor items and addons are single use only. Survivors should require addons to beat top tier killers, just to be fair and balanced.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 3,409

It wasn't the distance that made Omega blink Omega blink. It was that charged time stayed the same as base, thus buffing nearly everything about her. The new addons increase charge time to fit the extra distance thus removing the broken nature of Omega blink.

I see some say that the lunge is shorter than before but I don't feel it is. What I think some are experiencing are the dedicated servers messing up their landing location.

The Devs have said they wanted killers to be fun to play and fun to play against. The issue is, they only seem to care about the latter and ignored the former. If they were going by statistic to balance then they were going off of broken addon combinations and 3, 4, and 5 blink Nurses. They should of listen to the players that understood how she is played and what we recognised was unhealthy for Nurse. Instead they ignored us and slapped on a second cool down.

I feel bad for the survivor side aswell. I've watched survivors go against the Nurse recently and you can tell they are confused as to why she isn't blinking as much as before. They turned the chase into a snooze of, she blinked, wait a bit, she's blinking again, and wait a bit. I used to like going against Nurses. Because I main her, I could counter predict fairly accurately. Only thing I hated was the multi blink addons, which imo, took away the skill involved in playing her.

Anyways, its 1am. Why am I up talking to you all. 😪

• xllxENIGMAxllxxllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

The shame is that nurse won't get touched for years now. He only take them some minutes to fix them based on feedback.

Legion changes was never changed since we asked it on the PTB. Nurse add-ons was changed but in reality nerfed (CD add-ons was nerfed). 6s cooldown isn't that big of a nerf, any killer shouldn't be addonless against the best teams to win.

I agree on the base kit nerf was not needed, some map pressure is lost for sure but, she is still damn strong. People are overreacting she is nowhere near legion or mid-tier killer. She is still in the top 3 killers just not first now.

As for her add-ons they are way better than before for most part. Purple are better , green is not bad but was not bad before, yellow was better before and grey was better before except for flannel being brown now. Omega Blink is balanced as they should be. CD add-ons was a bit nerf with live version. Fatigue add-ons are good with the 1 blink ultra-rare or spamodic breath add-ons. Stridor & nurse calling add-ons is good. The only bad add-ons are the BP one and the three blink one.

As conclusion : She's still strong her add-ons give her more gameplay variety while still being a top tier killer. Dedicated servers are the only thing making her as bad as people say her to be. Only thing i want for that new nurse is her three blink/ Undetectable/ Anxious grasp to be tweaked to be better.