Home Discussions General Discussions

[Rant] New Nurse is SO much fun!

1235»

Comments

• SpaceCoconutSpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

Not yet, but they will when they learn how effective it is.

On paper. In practice the risk is very low. The 32 meters sounds good until you remember that survivors move.

The cooldown display isn't a problem. It's easy to wait and listen for, but while you're moving at Nurse speed, survivors are gaining distance.

The cooldown itself is the problem.

This was an over-correction and hopefully it'll be remedied like the flashlight and pallet fiasco during the Year of the Hound.

• woundcowboywoundcowboy Member Posts: 534

“Going through walls” is the laziest, most generic argument that people make. Like yea, huntress “can hit you across the map” but there is far more nuance and situational stuff that determine how good she is (I think she’s just okay). Her map control is absolutely terrible now: base blink doesn’t have enough range to control gens. She now has to play a very lame, camping/slugging style that isn’t fun for either side.

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 2,246

@SpaceCoconut @NMCKE

You have to keep in mind, that you will not have 2nd blink up so at the end of the wall that is blocking the way. We decided to just make it till there but

• this is a 30sec "chase"
    • no exhaustion triggered whatsoever
    • no speedbuff due to a hit

Regarding that and how effective this actually is, sorry but nurse is even worse than old freddy. Just a matter of time until people realize that.

I did lots of 4ks with nurse on the weekend basicly with the build i run in the video above. That however is due to survivors thinking they have to play against nurse like old nurse, when people do realize you can run away in a straight line and that is the most effective thing to do. Guess what. However what I wanted to point out to 4k with a nurse is nothing considered fun for anybody involved. You will play "optimal" or the most boring way possible in order to ensure a 4k. I described that in another thread but yeah.

Nobody gonna have fun with the killer or against the killer to put it simply.

• OmansOmans Member Posts: 419

I'm curious what the video above is trying to prove?

Not using second blink to cover more distance.

Starting from 32 meters back - do the same with a full movement speed killer like trapper. You probably won't reach the survivor before the wall then either...

"I can't reach the survivor even though I'm not using my power fully!"

This is why the nurse was changed. Her map presence and also her power in a chase were too strong. Power in chase wasn't changed if you hit your blinks, and map presence was slightly nerfed. As was necessary.

• theArashitheArashi Member Posts: 991

I played against two nurses yesterday(somehow). Survivors that used to be rank 1(so rank 10-11 atm) took few seconds to realise that you can just hold W and escape her from her for couple extra seconds at the time. Every time she missed due to survivor dodging her blink path survivor gained half of the map on her.

But don't worry guys, there is nothing wrong with her power. It's just survivors got so good that they can all escape from the nurse.

edited November 2019

You have no clue what you talk about.

Using the 2nd blink will result in a longer downtime and the survivor making more distance, i already checked that and also did write that. But is okay i can make another video just to be specific,

you want me to do consecutive double blinks or do you want me to start with a double blink and than keep doing one blink?

The result with double blinks is even worse, the distance does not decrease at all. But yeah you keep making comments like "I can't reach the survivor even though I'm not using my power fully!".

I will make 2nd video for you since you obviously are an expert.

€dit:

I have to upload that when I am home so like 8-9hrs from now.

• SoultillerSoultiller Member Posts: 40

Pretty much sums up the new nurse experience when they don't try and LOS you and just keep hauling ass.

edited November 2019

Seems you were right, I have no trouble admitting i was wrong. You can as a matter of fact catch up via double blinks. So depending when the survivor does notice you (~32m). It takes two or three double blinks (at the third you would actually have to juke her).

I am still confused why I had so diffrent results a day before.

I find it quite odd that this is so effective, no exhaustion, no nothing yet but running. So for each down just with that you can realisticly stretch a single chase just to 1:30min or even more.

I don't know I am still not satisfied with the results but better than not being able to catch up at all i guess. The when the survivor notices you is not possible, is a little confusing it is more visible in the 2nd example of double blinks.