Home Feedback Feedback and Suggestions
The 4.0.0 PTB is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

You Overstepped

I hope you at BHVR noticed the contrast between the Nurse changes and the Spirit changes. While both had their dissenters one was more accepting than the other.

You overstepped giving Nurse a second cool down. A lot of the issues with Nurse came from her add-ons and how broken they could be in some pairing. The better approach would of been to see how she performed after removing her most offending addons.

Most of the Nurse mains I know, including myself, wanted multiple blink addons removed. We wanted proper downsides to the distance addons. You could of had our 100% backing by doing just that.

Comments

• UxoricideUxoricide Member Posts: 210

Agreed, even good survivors support this in threads, they even made the threads themselves

• LordRegalLordRegal Member Posts: 509

I agree entirely. I've thrown my logic around a few times, but I'll rehash again here. For reference, I used Nurse every time I wanted to get to rank 1. P3ed her back before the second bloodweb rework, and more or less was forbidden from playing her in KYF games.

I've played Nurse a few games post rework, and have not had my opinions changed despite 4king in the games I played her (all without add-ons). For me, killing isn't as important as having fun (if you find my steam profile you'll find plenty of comments of me raging against the Victory Cube in 2017, since I hated the concept that killing was all that mattered). After playing a few games with her post rework, I stopped, and I feel like the reason should be obvious based on my last few sentences.

To me, Nurse is not fun now for two reasons that relate to each other. First and foremost, it is not fun to wait...and then wait again. If you only use one blink, that's a 2 second fatigue (standard) and then a 1 second wait before you get your blink back (new). If you blink twice, you get a 2.5 second fatigue, and a .5 second recharge. Also not terrible. The problem is the second blink. If you burn two blinks, you have a 3.5 second time between your recovery and getting that second blink back. That's almost 2 one blink fatigues. You must wait the 3.5 seconds as well, because if you single blink, you increase your recharge time post-fatigue to 4 seconds. This has, for practical purposes, led me to become a "one blink Nurse" for 95% of my chases. I can't risk being forced into a one blink scenario after a missed attack or miscalculated blink, so I reserve my second blink for a guaranteed down. This means I'm traveling the map while searching for survivors with a single blink, and I'm chasing with one blink. This feels extremely counter-intuitive, that I feel so punished for using the full extent of my power I'm not willing to use it, and I think highlights exactly why this new Nurse feels so bad.

Now, when I've complained in threads about this, one of the common responses from people is "just use add-ons." Which leads to my second point: to me, an add-on dependent killer is not fun to play, and only increases the already massive grind in this game. Nurse, prior to her nerf, was the absolute best example of a killer who was strong without add-ons. Post nerf, she feels very reliant on cooldown reduction. One reason I loved playing Nurse was being able to throw points earned playing her into my other killers. If the most common reaction to her base power is "just run add ons" she's become another Clown, who, yes, you can still play without add ons, but feels unfun and punishing to play without.

If her base power nerf was reverted I think she'd be in a solid spot...Omega Blink is gone, and that was the broken thing that didn't have Nurse's absurdly high relative skill floor/ceiling in mind. As is, she just feels straight up punishing to play, EVEN WHEN YOU'RE DOING WELL.

Compare this to Spirit's nerf:

Removed collision: something that does weaken her, was commonly asked for, and honestly keeps the theme of leaving the physical world. Doesn't lessen her effectiveness otherwise. Raises her skill floor but not her ceiling.

Added vault animation: another skill floor raise, and a minor ceiling raise, since there's one fewer mindgame to do, but really nothing major.

Speed curve: can't see this doing much to her floor or ceiling.

On the whole, Spirit got really, really reasonable nerfs. Nurse got a second wait time added to her wait time, and it just makes her feel unfun. It's kinda hard to justify playing her, REGARDLESS of how well I can do with her, when I can have more fun with other killers. And since she's the killer I've got the most time on, that's really, really sad to say.

• nickoffordnickofford Member Posts: 51

Nurse was completely broken at base and giving her add-ons that no longer affect charge time would have made her dad+ , she still broken she just has to wait a couple seconds

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 3,091

An example who you were balancing for Devs. You made changes to Nurse that upset your player base and for someone who still isn't happy because you didn't go far enough.

• KenidurKenidur Member Posts: 156

Nurse was definitely overpowered, being able to blink across the map and back before a survivor could run 10 meters, a bit ridiculous. but the nerf bat hit her too hard. I'm not a good killer runner, but I had no problem dodging and outrunning the nurse, to the point that they quit. (I get lucky, not that lucky though.) the 2nd timer was needed, but 3 seconds between each blink restored is a bit much, needs to be dropped down a little at the very least, otherwise she just isn't challenging to go against as a survivor.

• SpaceCoconutSpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,525
    edited November 2019

The Spirit changes seem fair on paper, we'll see about them in practice.

The Nurse changes are far more reviled for one reason and at the very least it should be looked at again.

From a killer's perspective though, it's clearly too much.

• RainbowPatooieRainbowPatooie Member Posts: 241

I feel like with some adjustments/modifications to fatigue time, she could be better but still not op.

I’ll be honest, I have legitimately had more fun as no blink Nurse than playing normally as Nurse. I feel like that helps explain how fun normal Nurse is now

• RydogRydog Member Posts: 1,888

In my experience at purple ranks, the changes have not stopped good Nurse players from being absolute wrecking balls, not one single bit.

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,193

That's not people's problem I think. People can still easily do good as nurse. She just doesn't feel fun to play now which shouldn't be the case.

@Rydog This is it exactly. When I play seriously as Nurse, I can 4k still, and my ability to read mindgames isn't any less. It's just not nearly as fun as it used to be. Gotta make sure I don't single blink a second time before the first one fully recharges or now I lose my second blink for the chase, gotta make damn sure I down on second blink or else I'm a one blink wonder...I don't enjoy spending half the match looking at my power icon. Especially when she's supposed to be a chase-oriented killer.