Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Which killer do you think is underrated/overrated and why?

Comments

• PoisonNPoisonN Member Posts: 624

I think Huntress is overrated. Course she's good in the right hands but you can have a hard time in majority of the maps. Billy is overrated, too. Hag and Plague are underrated, for sure.

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 3,809

@Volfawott

Well it is just a opinion vs opinion. I used to main legion and obviously played alot the nerfed version of Legion. And since you have no power at all you have no way to shorten any chases, even though pig, clown and doc cant do that that great compared to other killers. Atleast they CAN and Legion cant do it. I got alot of times looped by all 4 survivors really long without any chance, no mindgames etc would help since 80% of the loops in dbd are still open and not mindgamable.

As clown you can atleast catch a survivor really fast open field and end only window loops such as T walls etc really fast. You can shorten loops and force pallet dropps early. Doctor can negate all infinits with his shocks and such as clown you can force early pallet dropps aswell, plus survivors waste the same amount of time with snap out as mending.

Thats why in my view and it is a pretty good reason is that Legion is the worst killer, maybe leatherface is worse idk but both suck.

@Desolate_Sands

On low rank with survivors that dont know how to loop properly and mindgame agree. But I am talking against good survivors.

• TheRoyalOwlTheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749

No it's just that literally every legion main says he's completely awful, but if I can play him just fine in red ranks than there is clearly something that you people aren't doing right.

@TheRoyalOwl

Red ranks means nothing but okey sensei... teach us all the secrets of the legion :)

@TheRoyalOwl

You must use franks mixtape, this addon is still op and crutch, maybe thats why you are doing well on "red ranks". O.o

They do tho, most purple ranked survivors and killers are usually worse ( thats why they are in purple ranks ). Back 3-4 months ago when I played spirit, I would usually always 4k against survivors if they were in purple ranks, but I would have some trouble when I faced red rankers.

@TheRoyalOwl

Then you are doing something wrong

Yeah, I do need to get better as spirit just like you legion players need to get better.

@TheRoyalOwl

Yes legion requieres to much skill based gameplay and alot of planning and fine tuning. Agree, we just need to learn this killer, he has the potential to be the best killer :)

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 3,876

While Amanda may be my primary main Legion is definitely my secondary.

Honestly the main problem with Legion's power is that it just has way too many downsides to it mainly because of just how much backlash Legion got I think they kinda just took the sledgehammer to them and didn't really think their changes through.

In fact the legion rework and the endgame collapse update was an absolute mess.

Lots of things went into it that I didn't actually think were thought out all too thoroughly.

Amanda's changes were a major ######### and were a clear example of didn't really think through the things you implemented.

Trap timer is paused when in the Terror radius on a killer who can hide their terror radius. #########.

I get it was meant to stop people from cheaping out the Trap timer but the people who would normally do that just crouched so the only people who were actually affected were pigs who played normally

On top of that it basically turned a bear trap into a portable whispers making trap tunnelling even easier.

The endgame nerf was absolutely pointless and the reasons they gave for it were weak as hell.

1) wasn't the intention of traps to use in the endgame. This reason would be believable if they didn't encourage diversifying with The Killers power and doing things that work unintended.

Also if this so unintended why did it take you almost a year to stop it. The dead hard exit gate bug was fixed within 2-days you didn't think to fix the end game traps as well

2) survivors would have a difficult time dealing with two timers. This was just a massive insult to the survivor community because I assume that most of them don't have the brain of goldfish. Especially considering you don't have to look at the timer on your icon to get it rough estimate of the bear trap time because it blinks more intensely

3) it was an unfair way to cheap a kill and there was nothing that the survivors could do about it. *Laughs in endgame collapse blood warden*

yes because possibly getting a kill on one person by sticking them with an unreliable kill source.

Is far more concerning than easily being able to get a 4K for free unless a survivor whip out a key.

Legion had so much restrictions added onto their power it was even funny. Lots of them overlapping each other.

1) Multiples to restrictions on the spamility which became redundant. The fact frenzy couldn't down was prevalent enough. Missed swings cancelling frenzy and needing a full bar to use it was overkill.

2) Tracking capabilities: why in the hell you can't see blood stains baffles me.

I've heard people say it's to encourage you to hit other survivors. Which I find it incredibly stupid solution mainly because blood or no if somebody wants to just tunnel one person they're going to do it. It's not hard for me to hit a person with frenzy and then just follow them.

I've also heard it's to reduce the amount of information you get whilst traversing map. So why can Billy see blood stains and scratch marks when his power is lethal, why can nurse or Wraith all of these guys can use their power to traverse the map yet they could still see survivor indications.

Add-ons

1) why does Frank's mixtape exist in its current state

2) why does stab wounds study exist in its current state

3) why does fuming mixtape give me the ability to see generators on a limited power especially considering if I deep wounds a survivor I lose aura reading. All-seeing spirit works on because you had no limits on your cloak so you can gather as much information as you wanted to. Frenzy doesn't have that luxury.

4) why do I actively have to hinder myself by hitting a survivor twice to get off status effects that really aren't worth it in the long run. The status effects I gain from it could literally be outclassed by just cancelling out frenzy then hitting them the survivor and downing them

Sorry about the Rant but I kind of just blew off steam I love the devs buts sometimes they could really make stupid decisions

@Volfawott

Yeah agree

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 12,600
    edited November 2019

Obviously the killer @GrootDude plays is underrated

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 5,487

@PistolTimb

The way I just laughed at "in the right hands and latency" xD

• AChaoticKillerAChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited November 2019

dude i never use those addons and still 4k pretty much every match except for hatch escapes in red ranks. i even play her addonless since i ran out of duration and trap placing speed addons which are the best ones imo.

• AChaoticKillerAChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

I mean i can do better with her than billy, nurse, or any other killer and rarely don't 3k-4k with her. the last few times i didn't 4k with her were due to 2-3 people escaping with keys which i don't really count because you know its a key. I also snowball with her a lot and her low TR combined with M&A often allows me to get close to healing survivors and down them. I just really don't see how she would be below A tier when she has good map pressure with her traps, a low TR, and can end chases and start chases quickly.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,112
  • MarcusMarcus Member Posts: 2,047

Underrated : Plague

Overrated : Huntress ( like how can some people still think she's worth of top 5 with so many bad maps on her side ? ).

Also, I think people overrate Freddy's Snares, not saying that they're bad, but they really don't seem that opressive to me. You can still easily play around them.

• StarMoralStarMoral Member Posts: 819

I'd say Wraith is pretty underrated.. With the right addons, he can be pretty effective!

• DerpDerp Member Posts: 157

He can m1 and see all survivors locations with 125% speed and ignores their defenses, which makes it very difficult for survivors to play around so this applies a lot of pressure. After you commit on 1 survivor, the others have to waste time mending. Clown's power can easily be played around by dropping the pallet early or moving out of the way before it lands. Doctor's power can simply be ignored in a chase since it severely hinders his movement speed when charging his shock which allows survivors to loop him again and again so this punishes him instead. In conclusion, both Clown and Doctor have weak map pressure and chase potential compared to Legion.

@Derp

If you say so, how I said, Legion is secretly the top tier killer ;)

• DerpDerp Member Posts: 157

I never claimed Legion is a good killer. Me and the others are saying he's underrated, there's a difference. Your main argument is that Legion is the worst killer because of his chase potential but at least you get a free m1. Doctor and Clown however, can hardly do anything in chases and pressure gens even against good survivors.

• John_DoeJohn_Doe Member Posts: 236

Underrated Clown and pig

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 5,090

I'll probably get grilled for these:

Overrated- since her nerf, it has to be Nurse. The prevailing talking point still tends to be "Well, if you're good with her, there's nothing survivors will be able to do." Do we not think that if that were true, we'd actually be seeing people play Nurse? Do we think that there were just that few good Nurse players, or that we've moved the goalposts so ridiculously far in terms of what it means to be a good Nurse? Her map pressure is gone, and the cooldown means she now relies on a lot of guesswork if LOS is lost.

Underrated- After only playing Hag this week, and losing 2 games in the last three days combined, it has to be Hag. I used to think she was overrated because I wasn't territorial enough. She also requires very specific trap placements at many tiles to get hits i.e. can't ever be a straight shot from a window or pallet. The reason she gets underrated is because many aren't willing to play in her in her most powerful way. Get a hook, pick three or 4 gens around it, and don't leave. If you get a basement hook at any point, it shouldn't be possible for that person to get out without a hook trade at least.

edited November 2019

@Derp

Then tell me, where is the difference between trying to kill a survivor without any power and having a EVEN way harder time than clown or doctor. Or having a underwhelming power always? The answer is almost none, obviously all of these killers we are mentioning are all almost at the same trash level. But what you guys are saying "atleast a free M1 hit" yeah well that is no difference between having a underhwhelming power. So stop trying to protect legion with this nothing saying argument xD

• xEaxEa Member Posts: 2,972

Underrated: Pig, Hag

Overrated: Myers

@Derp

Also you are right, it is about underrated, but underrated means also that a killer is to unpopular/less played even though he is better then ppl think. And that is DEFENATLY not Legion. It is not a opinion, the majority of ppl says that. Look at so many tierlists that random ppl made, almost everyone, from pro to casual says that legion is one of the worst killers xD That is not "underrated".