Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Decisive strike is not antitunnel at all.

Comments

• yoiyoi Member Posts: 338
    edited November 2019

You literally don't understand anything. There Is nothing fair about the perk in the actual state unless you only play survivor if u ever touched "play as killer" option you'll know why there Is nothing fair about actual state. And why Is not Anti tunnel

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 4,993

@yoi

I was a rank 3 before rank reset. Try again.

What does rank have to do with this?

edited November 2019

The quote was not for u. I Made a mistake was for the guy above u who didnt Even read. The guy With the doctor picture. Anyway you didnt understand anything neither

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 4,993

@yoi

You only think it’s unfair because you think it is an anti tunnel perk, which it isn’t.

You said it yourself in the title of your post.

If u play Spirit all day probably not. if u play against green ranks to above probably not. But for 90% of killers against actual good survivors Is a problem.

edited November 2019

Then Is What i sayed wich Is Even Worse. Is a stop killer momentum Is a fuc* the killer then. Exactly what i sayed. Thats Even way worse

Most times i see this i wonder if they ever touched killer, i want to imaginé that are survivor mains trying to justify the no sense. A killer With some brain cells still remaining wouldnt ever defend actual ds state. Anyway the post was done and some of the players agreed With What i sayed (most of them). So there Is an issue With the perk and should get fixed. Many ideas were sayed. Not much more to say

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 6,586

Had a team DC on me earlier after i slugged someone who was unhooked, chased after 2 other survivors in the area and then interrupted a heal. Apparently that was tunneling...really wishing I had added that post game chat to my "salty endgame chats" folder. Still didnt even pick up the guy before the whole team just DCed.

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 4,684

How did you lose all your pressure? If you downed and hooked a new person you at worst kept the same pressure you had before the person was unhooked.

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

The problem with a 60 second pick-up immunity timer is that it allows survivors to be reckless. And of course, at red ranks survivors usually are quite reckless.

The idea behind DS is to prevent a survivor from immediately being targeted again after getting unhooked. In situations like that, I am okay with DS existing. Some killers will immediately return to the hook and go after the survivor who was just rescued, in which case said survivor deserves protection.

But as many of us killer mains know, DS goes beyond that. Survivors can use their brief immunity to make dangerous plays that otherwise should be punished by the killer. By dangerous plays, I mean survivors are intentionally putting themselves in a dangerous situation. Normally, a killer would heavily punish such a play.

I believe there should be provisions in play to make DS only activate if the killer immediately targets a survivor who was just rescued. If the survivor is not immediately targeted again, then they should lose the protection of DS. Because why should the survivor get extra protection if the killer doesn't come back to the hook?

• FreudentraumaFreudentrauma Member Posts: 1,042

Maybe not tunneling, but there is quite a good amount of killers with a hardfocus. Using BBQ specifically to check which and where the recently unhooked survivor and going after them. We cvan argue how much that is strategy or not. But in a situation where the same gets downed within 60 sec. Even after an unhook is quite close on the unhook issue.

That's why I would prefer it, that DS should rather be stopped by an "back-in-action" event, triggered by survivor actions like touching a totem, gen, unhooking etc. to solve those typical issue, when survivor take their "immunity" too far and force the grab.

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 3,007

I usually leave them for EGC and let them bleed out till the last moment before hooking them. If your gonna be a jerk about it so can i.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Who knew that completely ignoring someone and going after everyone else was tunneling? The more you know.

• XergeXerge Member Posts: 926

The problem I have with the current state of ds is that survivors are able to rush their objective while the killers can't. That doesn't sound balanced to me.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

That approach could work in theory but would be much harder to balance since that means they could just not do any of those things in order to keep the perk.

While that would mean not doing gens it still leads to problematic scenarios.

That problem isn't impossible to solve or anything, I just figured having a simpler solution where it's the desired Killer reaction actually happening that triggers the deactivation to be a better solution.

• Decisive strike sometimes will get you tunneled when you wouldn't have been otherwise too.

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 3,869

Normally if I see a survivor hop into a locker I'll leave them be. If I'm Trapper I'll leave them a little present then go however if you don't choose to spam vault out of that Locker repeatedly to get the decisive strike off I'll pick you up take the decisive strike and after that I'm tunneling you to death.

Because at that stage you not even using decisive strike to prevent being tunneled you're using it to be an active nuisance

edited November 2019

thats another problem, survivors use their 60 seconds to actually push gens reckless they dont give a fuc* because they know they are invulnerable for 60 seconds and thats another big problem, killers can lose momentum but they never lose momentum cause they can go up again fast and rush a gen without any problem but the killer cant never pick up a survivor in those 60 secodns because you lose. (red ranks not yellow or green ranks guys, im talking about people who actually know a little bit more than running in a straight line)

these guys saying "just 5 seconds, you dont lose nothing" clearly HAVE NO IDEA about the game, even less in red ranks and not agaisnt average red ranks we are talking about SWF but good ones, those you can beat only by playing with lots of strategy and pretty much using a viable killer, actually im being exagerated, an average swf is good enough to take advantage of 1 or 2 ds and win the game, "5 seconds" is not 5 seconds means another chase, is very simple and survivor mains dont get it. i was gonna get a hook and i dont have a hook now i lost time in the chase and now i have to go again and lose even more time is not 5 secons, i mean if you are garbage are 5 to 10 seconds if u are a good survior can mean winning the game, and is unfair when actually you went for another survivor you won the chase and then u lost your momentum cause you get punished because the person you hooked is gonna get unhooked and now the first person is gonna stab WICH MEANS? yeah PEOPLE WHO USE BRAIN, YOU GOT IT! now everyone is up and you lost momentum, unless you stay there like an idiot for 20 to 30 seconds waiting yeah, i think ds is off now, you cant allow that.

btw the argument of ds turning off if you push a gen is viable, i like it survivors can do their objective but killers cant hook i didnt realize that way but is also true.

• theArashitheArashi Member Posts: 995
    edited November 2019

I think it's possible to easily fix DS to be actual anti tunnel perk.

Make it disable itself when:

• other survivor gets hooked
    • survivor with DS active does action such as fixing the gen or unhooking someone else or one of many actions that survivors currently do with that invincibilty perk.
    • gates are open(just to throw the bone in)
    • and the last one.... YOU GET TRAPPED IN TRAPPER'S TRAP. It should disable BT as well(as you currently just smack survivor twice as he falls down twice.
  • StarMoralStarMoral Member Posts: 819

I got no issue with it either, it's just people complain a whole freakin lot that they're getting slugged.

WONDER WHY.

• ZoldyarZoldyar Member Posts: 438

This is not a smart decision for changing ds at all. This just leads to alot of ways in which killers can continue on tunnelling surivior.

Let me list you an obvious situation:

What's stopping the killer from slugging two suriviors, right? Hook one of them, then wait for that person who is hook, to get Unhook. So that he can hook the other person who is on the ground, so that the killer can go after the other guy who got Unhook because he has no fear of as being activated.

So to put it simple, no.

again ad again, do you actually know why kilelrs are forced to slug? yes because "POTENTIAL DECISIVE" you see "wings" in one of the 4 survivors and you immediately have to suppose that everyone is using DS because is probably like that anyway.-

• StarMoralStarMoral Member Posts: 819

I never stated I was defending those slugging complaints. If anything, DS SHOULD be a pure anti-tunnel perk because if getting hit with it is sometimes better than slugging, something's up.

• ZtarShotZtarShot Member Posts: 832

No. Why do people say these after a fit of rage or a bad match?

• Which is it? You dominate a team so well that you think it's unfair to get hit by DS, when not tunneling, then meaning you will lose the game you were dominating? That doesn't sound like dominating at all. This just sounds like whiney killer BS. I am also a bit suspicious of the whole thing. So, you're saying, DS survivor gets unhooked, you camped so chased the unhooked, downed a red rank survivor then found the previous survivor all in under 60seconds? Dude, make your mind up! You're describing brown rank survivor capabilities then applying them to red ranks lol. DS is fine, certainly better than it was. Personally, DS should only work for your last hook.

The only agreeable thing you have said, is the notification spamming needs looking at, but tbh, I would rather they fix a whole bunch of other game issues, than the minor annoyance of audio visual abuse.

• ThatLaurieMainThatLaurieMain Member Posts: 16

i find it extremely interesting how people dont see the difference between a fact and an opinon. ur whole post boyo, is an opinon. so its p dumb to say people didnt understand anything of what you said or say you're losing braincells bc of someones comment when its an opinion (if you lost braincells by reading these comments, my whole brain got fried by your comments).

i know multiple people who only play killer (red ranks) and they never complain about ds. so instead of blaming everyone else and saying theyre dumb maybe stop whining about it? and if it really ruins the whole game for you... either wait 60 sec max and make sure no one can heal them, get risk getting hit by ds and chase them again if you think thats right or just stop playing. atleast until they changed it to your likings, right princess? ;)