Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

Why was hook smacking removed?

2»

Comments

• justarandyjustarandy Member Posts: 1,711

But you seem to forget that a while back the hook smacking was still possible even with dedicated servers activated. I think it was during the beggining of the 2nd test phase

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 2,988

Considering it's not in the patch notes as a change then it's a bug as a result of dedicated servers and my point still stands especially if it started during the second phase of testing

• JudgementJudgement Member Posts: 789
    edited November 2019

If you make a discussion post on the forums, expect to get handed facts and discussions about the topic. I’m not biased - I don’t even play the game anymore. But I still know what dumb [BAD WORD] exists in it and whether or why it should get removed.

This should have been removed ages ago. It reduces toxicity (players smacking hooked victims), teaches new players that it doesn’t work (a lot of newbies repeatedly attack a hooked victim without realising that its doing nothing), and forces Survivors to be less brain-dead (baiting hook hits for free rescues) and to be tactical about it.

If you can’t accept the truth and prefer to call it bias, I highly recommend you just stop using the forums entirely. We’re living, breathing, and thinking human beings who do play or have played the game and have our own opinions and knowledge on the topics - we aren’t your echo chamber.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 3,092

You know,

It may of been removed by mistake.

😏

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 3,092
    edited November 2019

Take this with grain of salt.

Fixed an issue that caused Killers to perform an obstruction hit when hitting Survivors on a hook on dedicated servers.

🤣🤣🤣

Post edited by Mr_K on
  • GhosteGhoste Member Posts: 607

If you think about it, it's a killer buff since you won't hit the hooked survivor by accident anymore.

And let's be honest, hook smacking was only really used for BM haha.