Welcome to the Dead by Daylight forums! Please take a moment to read through the forum rules before posting: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

DS shouldn't have a 60 second timer but...

ermsyermsy Member Posts: 302

Should deactivate when another survivor is hooked.

Comments

• ocafghanistanocafghanistan Member Posts: 3,315

even then I'd bet people would still complain about it regardless

• ermsyermsy Member Posts: 302

I agree with there being an obsession. I don't run DS but when somebody else does it indirectly helps me from tunnelling.

• wichael_wyerswichael_wyers Member Posts: 121

I guess one thing they can do is make it where DS is deactivated once another survivor is hooked before the 60 seconds is up. I feel you could possibly get a heal and a mini break before you're caught again. At that point, it would probably not be tunneling. Getting downed rightaway even after that would feel awful, but can't be the killer's or perk's fault at that point. I'd imagine so at least.

• YaiPaYaiPa Member Posts: 1,123

IMO it would be too hard for them to deactivate a perk. I’d rather have a bonus for every survivor hooked, where every bonus decrease the stun timer.

• NMCKENMCKE Member, Trusted Posts: 6,821

Why not both?

60 second timer and the timer is immediately reduced to 0 seconds when someone is hooked. 😁

• MysticAdvisorMysticAdvisor Member Posts: 442

I say we remove the 60 second timer and the perk deactivates when you hook another survivor.

• Go_Go_RobotoGo_Go_Roboto Member Posts: 200

Why not the skill check gets progressively harder as the timer runs down (?)

I'm not talking about a complete even transition over time, but, let's say, the last 15 seconds for example.

• theArashitheArashi Member Posts: 726

Don't you think it should also disable when survivor with DS active does things that he shouldn't?

Like breaking totems, fixing gens, getting healed to full(I'm not sure about that one) or jumping in lockers

• NicholasNicholas Member Posts: 382

I think if people want to see the perk deactivate when another survivors hook, then it would have to work upon being unhooked both times.

• Spooky13Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,123

I feel it should only disable when working on gens. Because working on gens allows you to progress the objective without worry, whereas hiding in a locker, getting healed, and breaking totems aren't that detrimental to the killer.

Ideally, DS should be

• Once unhooked, a 40/50/60 second timer will begin. If you are picked up during that time, successfully complete a skill check to escape the killer's grasp and stun them for 5 seconds.
    • If another survivor is downed/hooked, the perk will immediately deactivate.
    • Repairing a generator during this time period will also result in the timer deactivating.

DS is supposed to be an anti-tunneling perk, and it is perfectly fine in that department, but DS true problems begin when you can just sit on a gen while the killer is coming towards you with absolutely zero repercussions. It should be an anti-tunneling perk, not a "I just got unhooked, you can't touch me for 60 seconds while I work on gens." Which is all because the timer for DS lasts way to long.

• ChiTenshiChiTenshi Member Posts: 443

It's fine as it is.

We can revert it back to it's original state when the Survivors could use it ANYTIME but that would be cruel.

For a large portion of the match, it's a dead perk. It does nothing and contributes to nothing. When is it useful? When the Killer tunnels you. You have the opportunity to punish the Killer for them focusing 1 player and potentially escaping.

Is it useful outside of that situation? Slightly, but the amount of times other situations occur are rare.

It's an annoyance that when a Survivor does have it, but once it's gone, IT'S GONE.They can't use it again, they're most likely dead on the next hook, the situation is still massively out of their favour.

Unless you're going against SWF group that all take DS, it's pretty much good as is.

• dfrenchieedfrenchiee Member Posts: 316

The perk should deactivate if you start to do an objective, because if you have time to start an objective you're clearly not being tunneled.

• ermsyermsy Member Posts: 302
    edited December 2019

@ChiTenshi

I disagree, even if only one person runs decisive it has an impact on the match. The killer won't know how many people have that perk, all the killer knows is that there is an obsession so there is minimum 1 DS. And they will usually treat every survivor as if they have DS.

Any perk that affects the killers behavior can't be considered a dead perk even if you don't actually use it.

The perk is useful for survivors that aren't running it.

As far as original version...that version was very bad

Post edited by Rizzo90 on
  • yoiyoi Member Posts: 338
    edited November 2019

you created a topic when actually yesterday i said EXACTLY the same. taht was my argument you are not tunneling if you hooked another guy you went for another chase. thats obvious even less isnt tunneling if the survivor start to do a gen using those 60 seconds of INVULNERABILITY. definitelly you are not being tunneled in that situation neither

That punishes skilled Survivors who might tap gens whilst being chased.

Like NOED... and Borrowed Time... and BBQ & Chilli ....and Adrenaline... and...

• Bigbootiejudy666Bigbootiejudy666 Member Posts: 407

I think DS is perfectly balance fpr both sides

• justarandyjustarandy Member Posts: 1,711

It would be in certain situations useless then. For example a stupid team mate unhooking you without bt and he gets downed aswell. Yeah well, gg no DS for you nerd.

• GalklifeGalklife Member Posts: 526

i wouldnt be too sure about 1 other surv being hooked because in some cases killer hook other surv in next 10 sec and for example spirit is downing that other surv in next 15 because she knows where he run to

i would rather see DS as health state, what i mean by that after you heal you no longer have DS (because if you were healed that means 10/10 cases you escaped and then killer found you after quite some time)

btw in same occasion i would change noed if last gen was done after 6/7min into the game noed doesnt activate (you wasnt genrushed), why in this occasion? because as much as killers cry about DS (just wait 60sec xd) same survs cry about noed (just cleanse 5 totems xd) im not comparing those perks (in way what are they supposed to do) but players reactions to it is pretty darn similar, and when i see same forum user typing "just cleanse 5 totems you idiot" and then "DS is too OP" im thinking "are you Pepega or just hypocrite" (maybe hes not in this thread or maybe in it i wont tell, but maybe those ppl will think about it)

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 394

The 60 sec timer should pause when slugged

Good point.

Can recommend it to Killers tunnelling and complaining about this perk, just don't tunnel a Survivor.

• SleepyWilloSleepyWillo Member Posts: 567

No. Just... no.

If you have a problem with it - just slug! Or don't tunnel!

They don't have immunity when doing gens/totems. You can hit them instead of grabbing them! Sheesh

• kermit_snacc_chokekermit_snacc_choke Member Posts: 197

How about when the DS timer is at half or under half (20/25/30 or under) the survivor has to wiggle 40%/35%/30% of the bar in order for the skill check to pop up.)

• FreakPrinceFreakPrince Member Posts: 83

How about people stop complaining about something the devs won't change anymore?

• LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 742
    edited November 2019

Just no cause this could and would easily be abused. No further discussion needed, cause its already done ten-thousand times before.