The 3.4.2 hotfix is starting to roll out on PC and consoles. For the release schedule and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112060/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

i refuse to give any sympathy to killers who think the role is hard while blatant camping exists.

2»

Comments

• yoiyoi Member Posts: 243

the killer gets punished by doing that heavily so no, the killer already loses a lot of points for camping even way more if they die first hook guaranteed de pip to safe pip at best.

• ahandfulofrainahandfulofrain Member Posts: 528

You must be in pretty low ranks if the killer camps that often

• NinoV1NinoV1 Member Posts: 363

Run borrowed time and DS if camping is such an issue for you. Just because you come across campers doesn’t mean the killer role isn’t more difficult.

Play some killers games and see for yourself.

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 1,453

That is like saying I have no sympathy for survivors because looping exists. Just because some people on both sides act like asses, doesn't mean you say to hell with a particular side. All you can do is try to be a positive influence on the game/community.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 1,262

@MightyDwight

Please list killers that have gone from viable to “non-viable”. Nurse and Upcoming Spirit are still viable.

Also that would suggest that the only way to play Wraith... a killer which I main (P3 with 2.9k hrs) is only viable if you camp with him which is simply not true.

You are forgetting that there is a huge skill gap in this game that either no one cares to admit or no one is talking about. So in that case yes someone with less skill will feel more inclined to camp, but that has nothing to do with the killer’s ability to perform.

• vampire_toothyvampire_toothy Member Posts: 351

Even the best killers in the game eventually complain or find something in the game they dislike, being bad isn't necessarily causation of complaining as everyone does it. Of course it makes sense that a content creator that plays the game for several hours a day is going to do way better than the average player because it's literally their job (in the case of streamers). They'll still have rough games though and they will even admit that there are some games where you simply cannot win even if those cases aren't exactly common.

That being said, while I do think camping is very unfun, you shouldn't base your opinion of all killers just because of the ones that camp the hook. Some killers actively make it their goal to play as nice as possible for as long as they can by leaving the hook immediately, not tunneling or camping and for the most part don't typically run extremely powerful addons and those are the killers who are in line for a rough game despite wanting to ensure a more enjoyable experience for all 5 players in the trial instead of just themselves.

• PainaPaina Member Posts: 57

exactly this. I'm just the same, but maybe because I have a lot of real life issues to be concerned about, so I know what matters in life and it's definitely not dying on hook in a video game, because I've got camped or being mad because someone teabags in front of me. I know it sucks, but not every match is like that, for me at least. I'm older than the average DbD player, I know life itself can be much worse than any video game in this world, so camp me to death, I will start another game right after that and still have fun

• HamdaNHamdaN Member Posts: 302
  • DelsKibaraDelsKibara Member Posts: 455

Hmm, can't agree with you there hun.

Also try doing Map Pressure with some killers like Clown, I dare you.

• xEcoLog1cDuk3XxxEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 65

Well depending on the survivors they either force the killer to camp or the killer is setting up for the incoming bum rush on the hook with information provided by BBQ or Whispers

• DBD_PinheadDBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 295

Spoken like a true survivor main. I make purple and red ranks every rank reset so I know map pressure. Survivors can't handle it so they cry to nerf killers who can, then cry some more when a killer does his job when he catches you. Pitching a tent is a useful and fun tool.

• Helevetin_nopeeHelevetin_nopee Member Posts: 95

A survivor main complaining. A classic. The game is probably going to die because of them. Try playing killer at rank 1 against a tryhard swf. See how easy it is for you.

• wannabeukwannabeuk Member Posts: 118
    edited November 19

The level of delusion on this forum is always a wonder to behold

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 752

Agree that camping is lazy and dont need any effort or skill but its a part of your own fault too if ppl die to camping. Just dont stay for years next to the hook and wait for a unhook, try to do a risky save infront of the killer with borrow or just do gens, not hard.

• DerFanDerFan Member Posts: 12

i play survivor and killer in the first week after reset to r1. and i can absolutly comfirm, that gen rush exists ;)

just go in with DS+adrenalin. dont heal. split across the map and just push gens. there is no way to stop that in a fair way. if the killer camps or tunnels one, the gens will be done. if the killer tries to slipp pressure, the gens will be done. if he slugs, he may have a chance unless you add unbreakable to your perks.

• AngryFluffyAngryFluffy Member Posts: 280

Doesn't always help if the killer really wants you dead.

Once played against a clown who ate BT, DS and BL and still tunned me to death even though there were other targets right infront of him, trying to block and gens got done. He tunneled me because I played Nea (I asked him why he did that).

These perks give a little more time but they don't necessarily rescue you. I don't encounter killers with a heavy tunnel vision like that often, but if a killer really really wants you dead, there's not much you can do.

• RinthespookiRinthespooki Member Posts: 255

Op : *refuses to give simpathy*

Me : ok survivor.

• JHarschJHarsch Member Posts: 40

I consistently got 0k's playing as Trapper, with 1-2 perks, no addons (trying him out). I had no qualms about it. They didn't teabag and were efficient. I gave all four props, and in every game for all the players that deserved it.

I've gotten 0k's playing as Shape, with a damn-good-slow-gen build and solid addons. Still gave props, still no teabags.

My eyes were dry the whole time because I'm not thinking on one dimension. Camping has existed in one form or another in literally every competitive activity, it's not going away.

• FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 1,506

*pitches a tent and roasts marshmallows in this thread*

What? I thought this was a camping thread.

• KwanghyunKwanghyun Member Posts: 140
    edited November 19

Play both sides regulrally, then talk. Camping killers are only found in low ranks anyway. If a killer camps/tunnels in high rank that’s because they’re forced to do so at the situation not because that’s what they wanna do. If you being a no fun allowed arse and rush the gens like there’s no tomorrow I’m gonna tunnel and proxy camp to have a chance and you have no right to complain.

• 8obot1c8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129