The 3.5.0 Q&A thread is now up! If there's a question you'd like answered, now's your chance to ask: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/120618/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

How many of you can hit Ruin skill checks?

Comments

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 13,350

If I pay attention then I can usually hit them

• MysticAdvisorMysticAdvisor Member Posts: 437

I can hit them 75% of the time but otherwise 100% if I’m running “this can’t be happening/ Stakeout”

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 4,875

I've got my days, but I'll power through it either way. The only issue is when you get teammates that can't. Then I either have to keep going and be the only one doing gens or stop and find the totem so they'll get back on one.

• ruler33ruler33 Member Posts: 221

Pretty much all the time but if im playing at like 5 o clock in the morning then i can't hit anything for the life of me.

• OswinOsgoodOswinOsgood Member Posts: 184

On pc yes i can on console? Like 2/10 times maybe if the game is being stable at that particular moment.

Console really needs to play better its been getting worse and worse laggier each update

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 3,611

i cant hit them every single time - especially if the skillcheck is in the first haf of the circle or when its my first match of the day - but i do think i can hit them pretty consistently.

id say somewhat around 8 / 10.

• HuntarHuntar Member Posts: 471

I can't hit the greats consistently, but I have the sense to keep working through ruin and just stop working the gen for a few seconds after hitting the good. Ruin adds just a little bit of time if you don't keep working through when you can't progress.

• cricketscornercricketscorner Member Posts: 307

I hit them consistently since they're in 95% of my survivor games, may as well be base kit

• AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 3,566

I can only hit great skill checks when I'm not trying to concentrate. Therefore I never hit ruin skill checks. Ruin on Console is torture. People say it's the same but I think everything is way more choppy.

• KarltastiskKarltastisk Member Posts: 439

80% of my skillchecks i hit the great/ruin skillchecks

• WeckWeck Member Posts: 2,258

Somewhat consistently.

Once I legit did a full gen without realizing ruin was up because I hit all the skillchecks.

No, I have no idea how I didn't notice the skillchecks were red. And no, I am not joking.

• Auron471Auron471 Member Posts: 765

some matches im an actual god at hitting ruin skill checks, then the next match i cant hit them to save my life.

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 6,177
    edited November 2019

I can consistently hit great skill checks more than 90% of the time. It's to the point where I do it during heals or when there is no Ruin. I don't even need to think about it anymore.

I have a clip saved on my PC of me finishing a gen with Ruin active in 88 seconds. I hit 5 greats and missed 2. Honestly one should have been a great but I feel like the game robbed my by a pixel 😡

And I know a lot of rank 1 survivors on Xbox that can do the same thing. It's part of the reason Xbox killers are moving away from Ruin and instead using Pop, Thana/Sloppy, and Dying Light because they do a better job of slowing gens. Like WAY better job. Ruin is almost a wasted perk slot now. This not even considering the fact we all know where every totem spawn is on every map and it will go down in 30 seconds or less most games.

I'd like to think part of the reason Xbox players are so good at skill checks is because of Gears of War. DBD skill checks are basically a circular version of active reloads, and I see a LOT of players with Gears related names or gamerpics (or even players I recognize from playing Gears).

• AhoyWolfAhoyWolf Member Posts: 651

Sometimes I hit every Ruin skill check on the gen and sometimes I'm a potato and blow up the gen to pieces...

• Brucecastro81Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 645
    edited November 2019

I can, but not every skill check. Saying that a gen gave me 10 skill checks, I would hit 7 of them

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 1,788

Sometimes I can sometimes I can't.

No one can hit great skill checks consistently.

• Mrwood204Mrwood204 Member Posts: 164

Sometimes I do sometimes I dont. You'll know I dont because a cloud of smoke will come up and poof, anyone who was helping me has vanished.

• MasantonioMasantonio Member Posts: 2,396

Somewhat. Probably 75% of my skillchecks are greats.

• fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 3,988

70-80% most days

• Lost_in_the_FogLost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 394

I am not super consistent at this point. If I'm warmed up as survivor I can hit them maybe 60% of the time. My problem is I'm generally so focused in getting it that I over anticipate and cause the gen to explode rather than hitting it late and getting the ruin regression.

• pichumudkippichumudkip Member Posts: 91

I can sometimes do it. One match I'll be either barely missing it or just not hitting it at all, others I won't even need the totem gone to do gens. I guess it depends on map, lag, and type of killer and their perks, like Doctor with Underwhelming presence or whatever Trapper's perk is.

• OldManGloomOldManGloom Member Posts: 51

Same. Since Ruin is usually up in most of the games I play, it's like intensive training on how to regularly hit Great Checks. But on PS4, ping can really throw you off sometimes. I've literally gotten the sound before, hit L1, and the marker leaps to just after the end of the window and the Gen erupts.

• AChaoticKillerAChaoticKiller Member Posts: 722

4 out of 5 ruin skill checks i hit sometimes if im really into the game and alert i don't miss any of them.

• YungCloutking1YungCloutking1 Member Posts: 96

I hit at least 8/10 on a good day. Which is rare because there are very few good days on DBD lmao.

• TheAntiSantaTheAntiSanta Member Posts: 73

I just don't play Survivor enough to get any good at it.

• USELESSUSELESS Member Posts: 272

i can hit almost all of then its just pratice

• fischyhbfischyhb Member Posts: 23

If you had told me 2 years ago that I would ever even hit the regular skill checks consistently, I would have doubted it. Now I hit greats +90% of the time, bout the only time I miss one is when someone blows the gen right before mine shows up. I had a game today where me and another Survivor powered through ruin without missing one great. You can see a stutter on the guage when they hit a great skill check

• TheHourManTheHourMan Member Posts: 989
    edited November 2019

About 60% of the time yes I can. I hate it when people go and look for ruin. It basically makes them a liabikity until it's found.

• LaraVermillionLaraVermillion Member, Mod Posts: 59

I'd say I get about 70%. But greatly depends on how my day went and in which "mode" my brain is. I feel like I hit them better when NOT focussing on them.

And I also like to play Blendette with Stake out :'D