Home Technical Issues

Modifying game files: what is acceptable?

TheHourManTheHourMan Member Posts: 1,031

I am aware that changing your framerate and resolution in the .ini are acceptable, and that changing your perk icons cosmetically is acceptable. (If I'm wrong, correct me please.) Where is the line drawn of what exactly can be modified without being banned?

Best Answers

• Slay___Slay___ Member Posts: 684
    Accepted Answer

Officially neither of those examples is recommended and is very much use at your own risk.

Anything that gives you advantage over other players usually is the line. But as this game uses third party anti-cheat where the game development team has very little say in what gets you banned it's hard to give you exact answer to your question.

The only thing that I can say in my personal opinion is anything that isn't packed in .pak format is okay to edit simply because it's possible without working very hard to make such changes happen, compared to where cheating software has to inject stuff into game/OS memory and edit hardcoded code of the game etc..

The only thing that I have edited myself is to uncap frame rate to make nurse movement more smooth after blinks to gain unfair advantage over others to save some milliseconds post blink to decide if I want to blink again or not.

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 9,181
    Accepted Answer

Basically anything that you change in those files can trigger an EAC ban - and that's why we say altering anything in those files is "do at your own risk" because if that does happen we are not able to assist you in anyway.

Answers