Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

These stats finally show that survivors have been right.

A 50% kill rate would be balanced. Meaning half your games are 4ks, half are 0k. Or, 2ks per game. Instead not a single killer is at 50%. All are above 60. And the highest, most complained about killers are in the 75% range. Is this not crystal clear now why survivors complain about OP killers? And now imagine if we had detail that showed 4 solos vs 4 man swfs. I’d reckon it looks even worse for solos. Probably 80-85% or worse. This game is heavily skewed toward killers.

75%!! This is a full 25% higher than it should be. And people wonder why survivors like to derank... it’s because the game is more balanced when higher level survivors play lower level killers. Thanks for releasing these stats Behaviour. I’m vindicated.

Comments

• dont_ask_me_againdont_ask_me_again Member Posts: 490
    edited November 2019

It’s more complicated than you think and I main survivor. It can be summarised as “both sides are overpowered” but that only leads to further confusion.

• WeederickWeederick Member Posts: 1,065

Dont forget EGC. Turns a lot of previous 3k's into 4k's without balance changes. That alone could explain the increase in killrate. I dont feel anything has changed balancewise.

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 2,246

Math isn't your thing so this song is made for you.

• VenoxxieVenoxxie Member Posts: 300

It really depends on the skill level, the perk set, the addons, whether the killer tunnels/camps, and whether there is a mori or survivor items in play. Some rounds can feel killer sided. Some feel survivor sided.

With the rank system being broken (putting me in ranks I shouldn't be in) and I don't wanna be forced to throw away a perk I like for a perk whose skill check I can barely ever hit (aka DS), it normally feels killer sided to me. I'm sure those who actually deserve to be in these ranks and actually like the meta perks, it feels the opposite considering they do exceptionally well.

• StevePerryPsychOutStevePerryPsychOut Member Posts: 190

Games with DCs are discarded for statistics like this, which would probably weigh the scales a bit further toward killer honestly. The tome thing can go both ways. I spent a whole game as hag at badham ignoring survivors and scaring birds.

• FriendlyGuyFriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Sadly every 2k is a blackpip. And 67% is still in the limit of a 2k.

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    edited November 2019

I want to know the survival rate of the god tier survivors.

Post edited by Mister_Holdout on
  • HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Tiny misunderstanding I guess I needed to clarify in my comment.

Most of the things in my comment are things that Survivors can do, not what I have done personally, except for the Hillbilly and the Legion part that I have done. I was trying to convey how much power a skilled Survivor has if they know what they are capable of with what this game provides. The scenario with the hook and the locker is a valid scenario that can happen and has basically almost happened within what I said minus the locker part and the blind as I am crap with flashlights. Looking back at my comment I can see how it looks like I was saying I was that skilled instead of what I was actually trying to say; I'll have to edit it but my point in it is still valid. Solo Survivors can be just as amazing as SWF if they understand how the game works, if you do not understand the fundamentals of loops, distance, speed, abilities, etc you will lose every time because you aren't paying attention. But if you understand those things you can loop for 5 gens, you can deny the Killer every hook and any kill, the De-Pip Squad proved that not me; if you don't know who that is then look it up on Youtube.

As far as your questions though my highest Survivor Rank has been 4 because at 5 I get the worst teams who are just selfish and get me killed. As a Killer I have gotten games where I killed everyone before 1 Gen was done and it was purely because the Survivors were brain dead Altrusitic idiots who thought they were good; their cockiness got them killed basically. I do not Survive every game no, I die most games but that's because I care more about getting my team out than myself and sometimes I'm an idiot; risky plays basically. Very rarely do I escape without getting hit, that only happens if the Killer is either very bad or they got Gen rushed to hell because of various reasons.

• RWoodrowRWoodrow Member Posts: 270

I spent a game scaring birds and trying to catch my own vomit in my mouth as the plague.

I also cleansed all the totems and went hunting the killer.

That's why the stats, while interesting, don't really prove anything to me on the subject of balance.

• silverwolf4455silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 495

Obviously you dont play red rank killer.. it takes a 3k to pip at red ranks.. it's so much easier to pip as survivor I can die every game and pip..

So that means only the good killers get to red rank because that's what it takes... meanwhile every potato can play survivor to rank 1

• PiiFreePiiFree Member Posts: 1,150

The only thing these stats show is that most Survivors play like potatoes, that's it.

Every single Killer has above 60% kill rate even though some of them are actually hot garbage.

• StevePerryPsychOutStevePerryPsychOut Member Posts: 190
    edited November 2019

Then why is it that at red ranks, the kill rate goes up? Presumably these are some of the best survivors in the game? Maybe survivor pipping is too lenient?

To be fair both sides depend on strong perks to succeed. I don't see a lot of off meta killer builds in the higher ranks either.

So you think if they came back they couldn't do it again? Maybe we should ask them nicely and see what happens.

Well from what I've heard the Devs goal is to balance solo players to the level of SWF players, I personally don't know how I feel about that, I don't. But it is very evident that they intentionally design weak Killers and balance them towards solo players and they have said once the solo is up to SWF level then the Killers can be buffed.

• YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 4,165
    edited November 2019

Feel free to correct me but:

Each survivor equals 25% of all survivors per game. Therefore any killer with a kill rate "below 75%" averages 2 kills per game which is exactly what the devs are aiming for... Right?

EDIT: That also explains what the devs meant when they said Spirit was overperforming. She averages 75% / 3 out of 4 survivors.