Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

Survivors Need to Chill.

Comments

• DBDITDBDIT Member Posts: 169

I mean you main killer and only killer and it's your word against everyone else's. I find it hard to believe that you aren't toxic at all, as a killer main, like not even a little bit...

• SilentSpectreSilentSpectre Member Posts: 742

Just ignore the toxicity, they'll get tired of being annoying and leave

• KenidurKenidur Member Posts: 156

The problem is, when you throw every tactic at it, you need to realize 3 specific tactics just aren't fun for the survivor, tunneling, camping and slugging. Add to that, they're point killers for the survivor as well. In detail;

Tunneling - it's one thing to stay on a person too long, but that works to the players advantage as the other 3 are getting gens done. However true tunneling is when you chase hook, and as soon as they're unhooked, chase again. This is just disgusting behavior. No chance to heal, work a gen, catch a breath. And since you decided to do this, survivor loses out on objective pts, altruism pts and probably survival pts, less they get out. After the match, you hear about it and killers just go "well get better." Better at what? They ran you for 3 to 5 minutes total, but the game is designed to let the killer catch you, so you will eventually win that chase.

Camping - some call patrolling gens camping, it's not. Camping the hook right after you hook someone is though. You hooked the person early and make sure he can't be rescued, you just screwed him out of points as well as yourself and his/her teammates. No heal, or rescue, so no altruism pts. After the game you will be called on it and common response "Well you shouldn't work together, let him die." That's as stupid as saying "Well you shouldn't hit survivors, kick gens, use your ability.."

Slugging - knocking down one then another who's right there, not slugging. However when you go searching for others right after knocking one, or camping the downed survivor waiting for someone to go heal, that is. Who finds it fun to just lie on the ground bleeding out? Again no pts being earned, not able to do anything but recover crawl and bleed out earns you a whopping 0 pts. You will get called out, and again the the most common response, that's how the Killer / perks work. That's just pure bull, that's just how you decided to play.

Everyone knows there are plenty of ways to play, and yes, the killer is meant to kill the survivor, but this game is designed for both sides to entertain each other. But is your out to just entertain yourself, and use these playstyles, then expect to be called all kinds of expletives. You've taken a game meant to be fun for 5, and made it all about you.

I have issues with toxic survivors as well, but for this, I'm keeping focused on the killer.

• KingHEADBUSTERKingHEADBUSTER Member Posts: 75

Sounds like the poster is a camper, big time.

• KenidurKenidur Member Posts: 156

In some of these cases, lucky is appropriate, not because you aren't good, but because game mechanics are bad. Jumping out a second floor window, and half way down you hit the survivor through the window, or running to a pallet, making just to the opposite side, pull it down and bounced back to your side, or throw a hatchet that obviously misses yet you still hit, in cases like this you got lucky because game mechanics are bugged.

• Not so much mechanics but hit detection is very hit or miss

• WuhelmWuhelm Member Posts: 260

Funny thing is you'll find some bad apples in other communities. The deadline daylight community on the other hand is a bad apple always has been it's the nature of the game.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,283

I don't know about that. People are people wherever you go. You'll find a lot of great ones around here if you look for them.

This game is more of you'll find some good apples but most are bad. The toxicity in this game is widely known in the gaming community.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,283

The same is true of Fortnite, Overwatch, and League. But they don't breed toxic communities, it's just that their communities are so large. Some people are toxic, so more people equals more toxicity. It's possible that DBD, like any game with separate, opposing roles, breeds hostility within the community for that reason, but I'd still take with a grain of salt anything that's "widely known" among gamers. Most people aren't critical thinkers and just parrot anything they hear because it's what everyone else thinks. In that way, it's very easy for something to get a reputation that is hugely exaggerated or simply untrue.

We will have to agree to disagree. My experience as well as others have shown dbd to have the worst community in gaming currently. The games that you listed do have some level of toxicity but dbd is another level.

• StevePerryPsychOutStevePerryPsychOut Member Posts: 160

Spoken like someone who has never played OW or league. The toxicity in those games make the toxicity in this game look like a drop in the bucket. If you're really getting more crap talked to you than those games generally engender you might actually be playing a bit unsporting.

• RevansithRevansith Member Posts: 365

Well surely you seen survivors doing really crazy stuff in matches and acting completely against normal rules? Ever think why? That they may need that final generator or such and then dont care if you kill them?

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 1,308

Even if they do play like a "scum bag" they should ignore them.

No one can dictate to you how you play the game as long as you're not in violation of TOS you can do what you gotta do to have fun/win/get the e-peen boost/whatever it is you play this game for. Not like survivors aren't going to do what ever it takes to win.

I play within the rules Behavior set. But my experience in those games were for less toxic there are many people that agree this game is extremely toxic your just one of the ones that does not feel that way.

• RevansithRevansith Member Posts: 365

Well thats an acceptable way to remove the highly agitated survivor I suppose.

• AwakeyAwakey Member Posts: 2,819

Paragraph breaks, man. You should try them.

If you want me to comprehend what you're saying, I need to be able to look at your argument without getting a headache.

You make it seem like camping is wrong. Just to clarify camping, tunneling, and slugging are not bad, but a very enjoyable experience.

• JacksansyboyJacksansyboy Member Posts: 172

I don't really get alot of toxic survivors, because I'm a super chill killer. I'll duck a survivor up if they are trying to pull something stupid, but I'm never toxic, i don't tunnel unless they ask me to, and i don't camp. If someone DCs or kills themselves almost instantly, the rest of the survivors get to escape. Earlier i had a daily to mori someone as legion, and i only had cypress mories, so i slugged a bit so i could find the hatch to kill everyone. If i wreck a team, or if one or two people did well, but got screwed by their team, i usually let them go. So when i hardcore 4K, i actually apologized to the survivors, and they didn't really care. The closest thing to toxic that I've had is survivors that kinda tryhard, and teabag and stuff, but they never say anything in the after chat, because i beat them fairly. And as a survivor i get super pissed when my teammates are toxic in the after chat.

• deadbodyman62deadbodyman62 Member Posts: 39

I play on ps4. I play about 60/40 survivor to killer.

I have NEVER recieved a message from a killer post game complaining I looped or used adrenaline or had flashlights etc.. they've either not commented, gave praise or the simple gg.

Survivors on the other hand, I've received countless messages. Calling me [BAD WORD], failed abortion, etc. I even had someone say I was an [BAD WORD] for hitting them when they were trying to finish the gen.

I dont know why it's like this but there is some legitimacy to "survivor privilege"

• Hex_ToasterBathHex_ToasterBath Member Posts: 38

Survivors are toxic, nothing you can really do because unfortunately, to the devs, survivors are the deities.

• fluffymareepfluffymareep Member Posts: 634

You're playing with other people. You aren't playing with computers and being a "killer" is nothing more than a name. Killers have a name for most everything survivors do, too. It's in human nature to try to name actions/occurrences. How are you playing that results in everyone cursing you out? You're playing with other people and they might not like what you're doing (camping/tunneling). If you play as survivor and do obnoxious or annoying things, you'll be called out, too.

• supersonic853supersonic853 Member Posts: 1,786

Some of the terms are just dumb proximity camping? So i cant stay even in the general area even if i know someones nearby? Like wtf?

• apollomiapollomi Member Posts: 1

As a survivor main who occasionally plays killer, I can confirm that other survivors can be tits. I've been survivor and had others message me for not helping them? They was in the middle of the map in the basement and the killer was there. They wanted me to die to attempt to save them. I've been called a toxic ghost playing the spirit and had someone claim I was camping as the hag when I was merely setting traps. People forget this is a game and not real life. You gain nothing but enjoyment if you're with friends, playing this game. Why all the hate?

• Yeah, usually do. I was just extremely pissed off at the time of writing that. Wasn’t really putting thought into it, wanted to get it out as fast as possible.

However, I usually don’t even do this kinda thing: and if I’m being more honest, had I just took a minute to breathe I wouldn’t have even posted this here. But, yeah I got you dude.

• aregularplayeraregularplayer Member Posts: 732

man, you have to chill (and stop camping, this is no being good)

• Who says I camp? I don’t. And even if I did ( which again; I don’t. ) that’s not an excuse for some of these people to tell me to kill myself and [BAD WORD]. I mean not that that upsets me: but like I gotta put my foot down somewhere and say it’s enough with the verbal bs. Y’know?