Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Mind breaker rework idea

2»

Comments

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 12,031

A big part of the stealth Killer is the lack of a TR. There are other small things too, but giving Oblivious to anyone working on a gen takes away the big thing about stealth Killers. So I would say it makes stealth Killers pointless.

• DerpDerp Member Posts: 157

Saying an idea works and that people would use it is implying that it's fine and doesn't need changing, or at least that's what we got from it, so you need to word it better since we didn't misunderstand what you said. Also, I still stand by my point that the idea won't work at all. Tinkerer is a watered down version of op's suggestion and nobodies using it so just buff that instead.

Once again, I was talking about op's suggestion. I didn't bother to talk about your idea of the perk since you didn't get into details on how you think it should work so don't blame me. @Echorion wasn't talking about your suggestion either, it was on op's. You're the one that replied to him first.

I didn't say it would stop working. My point is that Spine Chill doesn't completely counter the perk since you can still run in the killer's direction without knowing where they are and Premonition isn't useful half the time so it's garbage.

Being oblivious after performing any action would prevent BT from working since there's no terror radius.

With this perk enabling any killer to be stealthy at any given time, I'd say any counters to it are a must have. Those perks you mentioned aren't even hard counters since they're inconsistent and it only works on the user.

If I misinterpreted what you said(which I didn't), then you should've worded it better since that's what you implied so it's your fault, not mine.

You said, "We were referencing grabs more than hits and grabs are extremely rare", after I was talking about hits so which is it then?

• PolarBearPolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

This would make every killer a stealth killer. Wouldn't make much sense playing Wraith when you can just go Hillbilly with a muffler. I agree that mindbreaker is fairly weak (one could say it counters Sprint Burst but not running in a chase for 3 seconds is not difficult and you'll just end up giving the survivor an activateable Sprint Burst).

• MrDardonMrDardon Member Posts: 3,244

Just make it where you get exhausted no matter how much the generator is repaired and increase the Exhaustion timer after the repair action to 8/9/10 seconds. Vuala, you have an alright Perk.