Home PTB Feedback Archives 3.4.0 PTB Gameplay Feedback
The 4.6.0 PTB is now available on Steam. For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/231267

Devs for the love of God just restore Balanced Landing

2»

Comments

• HakuHaku Member Posts: 568

I dont think the not existing of the BL will allow them to do that either. I just dont think they will go to "since BL is not a thing anyomore lets do these second floor loops completely safe" because any high loop with stagger even fast vaulted should take more time then a killer vaulting with no stagger which usually is not the case on ground vaults. If the high loops are not safe/worth for non BL users then they will become useless for majority of the survivors. How is that making the game better or give more potential ? The Hawkins loops are very good example of bad loops for non BL survivors. And the other question right away is. When are they going to fix all these currenly bad loops for non BL users. The potential can't be only for the new maps ... what about of all the current maps ? It is just so much more complicated ... I just don't think they can balance high loops that easly as it sounds. It is better to just not create many ! Like on Ormond for example - all the good loops spawn downstairs. You can use BL upstairs but it is nothing really special and it is a solid map mind you the aura problems ... And then we get Hawkins where all the loops on the first floor are actually drop related and you have no ground loops /just the basement one/ ... Map design is just all over the place...

• TheHourManTheHourMan Member Posts: 1,031

Damn you guys are wordy.

Balanced Landing was not balanced before. It is now. The reduced land time while not exhausted caused infinite loops to be a problem where they would otherwise NOT be infinite. It is a better use of dev time to just fix the perk rather than changing the procedural map generation in every single map in the game that has multiple floors.

• TheHourManTheHourMan Member Posts: 1,031

Think for a second about these loops you are talking about where the killer has no stagger. 100% of them involve fast vaults somewhere after the fall.

• PandaChrisPandaChris Member Posts: 100

I agree with you. Thats another good reason balance landing should remain changed. I was never saying the devs should go through each map and change them. The other people are. I was simply saying there is no point in doing that.

• PandaChrisPandaChris Member Posts: 100

Yes...Balance Landing is situational...and the change should not be reverted so people can use an Exhaustion perk indefinitely to create bad loops or infinites. It makes no sense to change current and future maps because of a Exhaustion perk that is not even giving Exhaustion.

"I'm not saying Lithe has the same scenarios as BL, I'm saying that those BL situations where you ARE higher up CAN BE COMPLETELY AVOIDED with Lithe if ALL you're using BL for is to get to the next loop"

Yes, Lithe is better than Balanced Landing if you completely avoid all spots where Balance Landing can be used. Your examples are very silly. I wont reply to them all cause you are grasping at straws but i will reply to this one.

"Do you NEED to climb a hill to BL off of it? Not if you used Lithe out a nearby window to get to the next loop instead of taking the extra time running up a hill to use BL"

These vague examples are terrible. Where is the survivor where is the killer. But yes if youre at a near window on the ground Balanced Landing will do nothing. But if youre at the bottom of a hill with no windows around Lithe will do nothing. Its as almost like they are 2 different perks that are used in two different scenarios depending on the what the player wants to do or how to play.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 7,776

"Why should BL give a reduction in falling impact?"

This was explained by OP. There is exactly no use of this Perk if it would not have this passive effect. Except for Bullshit Structures, this also does not give that much extra Loops, you may be able to use a Window twice instead of once, but nothing too crazy.

"It's not just Haddonfield, although that is the worst example. Bring it to Hawkins, Grim Pantry, or Crotus Prenn and you will see how strong it can be."

Eh.

All those examples are pretty much a problem on their own, even without BL.

Grim Pantry-->Is simply Bullshit. The Swamp Maps are horrible for both sides, Pantry has some insane Loops which can be used without Balanced Landing.

Crotus Penn-->Again, also really bad example, this structure has 4 safe Pallets and a shitload of Windows to use. Balanced Landing is good on this Building, I agree, but the Building alone is such a bad design.

Hawkins--> Not a fan of this Map on Survivor Side, Killers have also their tools which are not necessary for this Map (e.g. Spirit Fury and Bloodlust)... I dont think that BL makes it too crazy to be used, I would not compare Hawkins to Haddonfield, Crotus Penn or Grim Pantry.

And honestly - I dont think that the Devs should be lazy and nerf a Perk which is not really a problem instead of fixing those damn structures.

I dont think that they will revert the BL-Change. Since Spirits seem to use their Prayer Beads/Wakizashis and Amulets and Nurses used their OP Add Ons before the respective Change, I might want to use all my Haddonfield Offerings. Usually I am not that guy, but maybe it is time for that.

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,504

No. This change puts BL in line with the other perks... it's a good change...

Map changes will still be coming... this way the team can make strong structures without having to worry about BL.... just like the team did with tinkerer.

• caz_caz_ Member Posts: 218

dont even try.

people know it, but the killer mains are happy about every single nerf survivors get.

but if killers get nerfed ohooo.

BL wasnt broken, the maps are broken.

but hey i just found a new infinte on the new map, but yes BL was the issue.

not hate but BHVR dont know anything about map designs.

they keep nerfing perks and hope it will fix everything, but nope.

people will always find a new way to abuse something and as long they dont rework the maps it will never end.

what is the next nerf? DH, BT , Iron will or adrenaline?

i play both sides but killer mains are crying for every single thing.

but keep playing one side and then talk about balance lol

• Atrushan88Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,065
    edited November 2019

Except any hill is beside one or even two areas where there is a window almost all times, or pallets. You said you should use BL to "find another loop". If you're "finding another loop" that means you're already looping, and you don't loop hills so you shouldn't be sitting at one ready to run up it to use Balanced, meaning you could avoid that situation anyways by vaulting a window with Lithe. And the point is you don't have to ever go up to high areas except to do a generator(of which there are only 3 or 4 in higher areas), rendering Balanced Landing useless, unless you're in one of those very few scenarios, and some areas even WITH heights that have a gen, you can avoid needing to use Balanced Landing entirely. The large ship has several pallets, and windows on the top, iirc, for example.

Every scenario where you use Balanced Landing has you forced to use alternative routes that are not optimal to use it. And there's no scenario where using those alternative routes allows you to avoid line of sight, except maybe Hawkins, which is already very much killer sided. And even then, avoiding line of sight does nothing if you're injured, because people have headphones. Unless you're running Iron Will of course.

You have to get there first. Stagger on every survivors will change that completely. You see it with BL. You won't see it without it. And that is what I said in first place. Maps also have to be changed so all these loops you are scared of are also somehow possible for non BL users which they are not currently aka Hawkins for example

• OmegargonOmegargon Member Posts: 31

Dev has to this change because I'm pretty sure new maps will have more drop down than before

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

I would like the exhaustion part of the perk removed and the stagger reduction kept in. Make survivors and killers fall down more quickly rather than float out the drop off like the character jumped off instead of fell.

• Luigifan64Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,052

Well that sucks, because drop down points are actually worthless unless you have BL because they just get you killed.

edited November 2019

Exactly... That is why in general I don't understand why made that change now and they don't say anything which bothers me even more. I think if they explained why it would be better but I have a bad feeling it is just something about stats/being useful and literally nothing about holding them back and maps. But majority of people here seem to be new players and lack A LOT of knowledge about the game so for me this conversation is kinda useles. It is more up to the devs to make the right decisions. I can't argue anymore with people who call Hawkins - a survivor sided map or Coal Tower - an infinite with BL/ this was the "funniest" I have seen so far/. It is just a waste of time

• FairP1ayerFairP1ayer Member Posts: 451
    edited November 2019

I’m not sure if anyone mentioned this, but even without BL Haddonfield is still broken. I had a game the other day as Ace with SB, where I sat on the balcony waiting for The Hillbilly to vault the window. As soon as he did I dropped down and raced back up stairs just as he landed Achieving the same results as BL in that situation.

I was than able to loop the house once more before I broke off to a pallet and got enough distance to loop the house once again. Granted with BL I woulda never needed to leave the house, but the point is even without BL that map and many others such as Hawkins have very strong strong loops that are broken with and without BL.

I keep hearing you need BL to loop Hawkins and that is total BS. I have looped Killers without BL so hard there I broke chase because they have never had a Survivor loop the catwalks before, which are very hard to counter as Killer against a competent Survivor because the lack of LOS it has.

In conclusion the maps need reworks, not BL, let’s not forget Rancid Abattoir, Suffocation Pit, Groaning Storehouse, Ironworks of Misery, Coal Tower, Wretched Shop and than some exist, and those are Survivor friendly BL or not!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AOWnutyJ3Bk

Post edited by FairP1ayer on