Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We've been made aware of error messages when attempting to purchase the Rift pass. The team is currently investigating, and we'll post an update as soon as we have more information.

UPDATE: This issue should no longer occur. Players who were affected may still be missing currency and/or unable to spend Auric Cells. We are working on a solution to resolve this and restore missing currency, and will update you as soon as possible.

What stats would you need to see?

I'm trying to figure out what exactly people want to see in the stat releases in order to accept them as "truth".

I'm perfectly aware of how raw data works and how other variables and stats aren't factored in. So I'm just asking, how detailed would the stats need to be and what factors would need to be included that would make you go "Okay, these stats are definitive proof that this is balanced/unbalanced" or whatever?

Every time the devs release stats, there's always a crowd of people saying "well that doesn't mean anything" Or they pick and choose what they believe in the stats and what they don't. I've actually yet to see anyone argue about the map statistics showing the indoor maps are heavily killer favored so I guess we're all cool with that and we all believe that with worrying about other variables and whatnot.

So I'm just curious. What would a reliable, detailed stat release look like to you?

Comments

• TKTKTKTK Member Posts: 943

It's not like the stats really matter anyway just going off what devs say when they said they don't balance around them.

For my interest I'd like console and pc to be separated next time they release them since console isn't really balanced for and console just gets what pc gets and killer players on pc can play the harder to control killers way better than a controller could, not saying people can't play nurse or huntress on controller just that they will plateau earlier than mouse and keyboard.

I'd also like swf data on how well each of the killers do against say a 3 man or 4 man squad.

• oxygenoxygen Member Posts: 2,624

While it's pretty pointless I'd like to see the average lifetime of different Hex totems 😄

No clue if that's even tracked or trackable, but I like silly statistics.

• ocafghanistanocafghanistan Member Posts: 5,771

I wouldn't mind seeing a top 10 of deadliest maps

• BloodyNightsBloodyNights Member Posts: 526

Hey at least you got a top 3 deadliest maps! lol

Indoors, indoors, and indoors. But I guess the killer does get basically an extra perk of being able to follow blood trails easily unlike outdoors. Also ruin is typically harder to find.

• BloodyNightsBloodyNights Member Posts: 526

I'm honestly satisified with the data received. I don't think seeing a SWF data spread would look much different. You'd have just as many games were they all escaped, as them all killing themselves because they were overly altruistic, (the usual death of SWF) for it to make any difference.

I've gotten to rank 1 on pc, and ps4 with a ps4 controller as both survivor and killer. So to me I don't feel much of a difference except when fighting a killer like Nurse. I'm sure a Huntress can aim faster on PC, but I can usually dodge it just the same. So while one killer is way better, and another is slightly better. I don't think it's as insane of a skill gap. And while sure the last time they broke down stats PS4 and Xbox had somewhat substantial differences in kill rates. The PC version of the game had been out a lot longer than it's console counter parts that was running at about an unstable 30fps. <---this was one of the biggest reasons I hopped on the PC version. Now the frame rate on ps4 is for the most part fairly stable, and the fps feels like it's now 60 for both.

So over all I don't need more data. I mean I guess I could ask for something silly like...how much certain add-ons or moris add to the over all kill rate for each individual killer but that's just asking too much.

• The_Bootie_GorgonThe_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

I would like things separated by platform and by rank to start with.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 13,573

I was pretty satisfied.

I like data to see results, not to build ideas or whatever from them.

• CarlosyluCarlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    edited November 2019

Stats per platform, graphs have to be 1 for PC, 1 for PS4 and 1 for Xbox, that's all the platforms right? Oh, damn, and 1 for Switch. Just kidding about the switch part.

And they need to compare apples to apples.

It would be really hard to give facts with average graphs, they need to do studies about statistical causality, now THAT would be amazing.

Causality means A causes B, they could even do a tree braches studies where they could demostrate the causality of a 4k. Example:

A 4k is caused by the next variables, the more you have the more probable it is for you to get a 4k, THIS VARIABLES ARE GONNA COME IN ORDER OF CAUSALITY, which means the first ones in every variable is gonna be more probable to cause a 4k

1. PC
    2. Nurse, Freddy, Spirit, Billie
    3. Purple or red ranks
    4. purple or pink addons
    5. Using NOED, BBQ or Ruin

Which means that as many of the previous variables you have the more probable it is for you to get a 4k

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 4,255
    edited November 2019

I don't see that any stats would matter tbh.

If they did an swf for example at red ranks what would it really show?

Each game plays out different. So more questions would come.

How many gens were done, what perks were used, what perks activated, were there toolboxes or flashlight saves, fast medkits, did they heal at all, did they hook rush, did they rush through ruin or totem hunt.

What did the killer use, pop, ruin, noed, bbq etc. What the killer "viable", what add-ons were used or offering (mori), did they camp or tunnel.

Then what map was it, pallet spawns, did they 3 gen themselves, gates close by with mobile killer.

There are so many variables and the above is just a few that the stats are just a little picture showing a tiny fraction of what is possible. They can never be truly reflective to prop up any argument as some wish them to be as all they show it the outcome and not how the game actually played out.

Choices of what one does within a match is one of the most important factors which no stat can truly show.