Home Discussions General Discussions
We're currently investigating issues with frame rate on PS4 after the most recent update. Thank you to everyone for bringing this to our attention, and for your patience while we look into this

What do you think are the most Overrated and Underrated perks in the game?

For Survivor, most overrated is Sprint Burst. It's not a bad perk, but it really doesn't help as much as people make it out to be. Anytime someone has it when I'm killer, it really doesn't extend the chase if they simply just ran when I was approaching instead of sitting and waiting for a baited hit.

Most underrated perk for Survivor is Spine Chill. Honestly it's my favorite perk in the game, it completely counters stealth killers like Wraith and Ghostface, and hard counters Prayer Beads. It has saved me way more times then I can count.

For killer overrated is Ruin. It's a great perk if its never found, but it has many problems. It's a hex totem, so a survivor can spawn on it and leave you a 3 perk killer, It's all skill check based, so if you can hit skill checks (or RNG won't give skill checks.) it won't slow down anything. it's also hard countered by Small Game and Detectives Hunch or maps, so it's pretty much a complete gamble on if it lasts the time needed for a good start.

Most underrated for killer is Bloodhound. It was my favorite tracking perk when i was still learning killer, and paired with Sloppy it's an amazing combo that will always tell you where a survivor is. It's a lot more accurate for finding survivors then scratch marks are.

What are your most underrated or overrated perks in dbd?

Comments

• FriendlyGuyFriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Overrated: Self-Care, Sprintburst, Spirit Fury

Underrated: Spine Chill, M&A, Devour Nope

• MarcusMarcus Member Posts: 2,047

Survivor :

Overrated : Spine Chill. Too many people who claim that this perk is Godlike, when it's just a ok perk and nothing more. Prayer Beads is getting nerfed next week and you can counter stealth killers pretty easily even without Spine Chill.

Underrated : Hmm, not sure here. Maybe Detective's Hunch ? That perk pretty much kills every Hex perk after the first gen was done and has very good sinergy with Inner Stenght. Flip Flop could become really good too if Oni becomes popular after his release.

Killer :

Overrated : Corrupt Intervention and Discordance. Both perks rely on survivors misplays and do next to nothing against good teams.

Underrated : Surveillance. The best gen defense perk with less counter than Barbecue and Chilli.

• Spooky13Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,379

Overrated: Ruin. I honestly prefer to run Devour Hope and steamroll. DH is a lot more fun to use than Ruin anyways

Underrated: Devour Hope. Easily my favorite Hex perk. A lot of risk/reward. Seeing everyone go nuts once you get your third token is hilarious, and being able to Mori people on command is great.

• NinoV1NinoV1 Member Posts: 382

Overrated: Any hex perk, they never last more then 2 mins.

Underrated: Nurses calling, great on killers who can close the gap quick or sneak up.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,070

Devour Hope to some degree.

I think everyone knows it can wield tons of power, but no Survivor really seems to think anything of it.

Then you make your first down with your 3 Tokens and suddenly Generators pop WAY slower. 😂

• hocruxhocrux Member Posts: 211

Overated killer/survivor- ruin(due to it getting taken down too quick)/borrowed time (i don't usually go for unhook survivor)

Underrated killer/survivor- pop goes the weasel/alert

• Boosted_DwightBoosted_Dwight Member, Trusted Posts: 2,865

Overrated: Ruin. This perk is awful, so easy to find and it's affects are weak in high ranks. If you really want to slow down the start of the game use Corrupt Intervention.

Underated: Poised. This perk is good for when you popped the gen and don't want to be found. I've found myself saved by this perk many times and when it activates mid chase it's funny af to see the killer run around the loop in confusion lol.

• TigerKirby215TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

SURVIVOR

Overrated: Adrenaline

Underrated: Tenacity isn't that good but it's honestly the best anti-slugging perk for standard Survivor play. No massive play potential like Unbreakable but it's good to "sneak" away while slugged and get to someone to pick you up.

KILLER

Overrated: Corrupt Intervention by a goddamn country mile

Underrated: Fire Up. I mean it's a poop garbage but combined with other perks (notably Brutal) it can become really good.

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,575

KILLER

Overrated: NOED. It’s terrible.

Underrated: Monitor and Abuse. Every killer (except Spirit) can benefit from this perk and allows them to get closer without having survivors scatter.

SURVIVOR

Overrated: SPINE CHILL! I see so many people saying it’s a GOD tier perk. It creates immersion lords and makes players stealthy when they don’t need to be. If I have eyes or ears I can hear Myers breathing and Ghostface’s cape flapping. Sorry but I don’t need a perk to tell me when the killer is coming. Not my playstyle I guess.

Underrated: Adren...wait no. Balanc...no not that one. Oh I got it, DEJA VU!

No...seriously probably Iron Will. Everybody should run this perk. I’ve lost so many killers this way.

• GodDamn_AngelaGodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 1,458

Spine Chill is NOT underrated.Its basically Meta at this point.

Anyway for overrated I agree with you, SB SC and SF are all overrated.

As for underrated I'd say Alert.

Ehhh...I just don’t see the point. It’s like Premonition. I’d rather have perks that help me survive a chase as opposed to perks to make me immersed when there is no reason to be. The killer is behind me...okay? What am I gonna do? Lick a wall and sit there for two minutes? Because that’s what I see most players doing when they run Spine Chill.

It’s great if others find use out of Spine Chill but I just can’t.

• ahandfulofrainahandfulofrain Member Posts: 528

Overrated - Enduring / Balanced Landing

Underrated - Corrupt Intervention / Autodidact

• ahandfulofrainahandfulofrain Member Posts: 528

Freddy and Huntress do not benefit from M&A. I'd be willing to bet that demodaddy doesn't either.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 2,285

Overrated- Corrupt Intervention and Discordance. The worst thing that can happen to a killer is for survivors to spread out, get the middle gen, and split the map early. Corrupt Intervention forces them to do that. Discordance just shows M1 killers which gen is going to pop next.

Underrated- Agitation and M+A. Agitation gets you free hits and can straight up win the game for Trapper or Hag. Monitor is extremely underrated on 115% movement killers.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,070
    edited November 2019

O: Dead Hard, U: Spine Chill

O: Hex: Ruin, U: Territorial Imperative

I know, I already commented, but wanted a complete list.

Freddy doesn’t need it because he already have the Oblivious effect on sleeping survivors. It can be a waste so you can correct about that.

Huntress can benefit from it because her terror radius is already tiny. Sure she has a giant 40 meter humming radius but survivors aren’t going to run away right when they hear the humming since it is now non-directional. She can disorient survivors due to her giant humming and small terror radius. Not the best on her though.

Demodaddy is just like any other 115% MS killer. It can be beneficial on sneaking up on survivors. He does have LOUD footsteps though.

Spirit is a definite no-go for M&A because you want a larger terror radius because you won’t hear her phasing in a larger terror radius. The smaller the terror radius the more chance that the survivors will hear her whooshing.

Corrupt Intervention is decent for the beginning of the game but all it does is force survivors onto another generator. I’ve only ever used it for “Adept Plague”.

Discordance is good against low rank survivors but in higher ranks they probably will be more efficient and split gens.

• akbays35akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

Sprint Burst keeps getting listed up here? do you guys realize that's an active right and it's more effective than dead hard? It's arguably the strongest objective perk in the game.

Overrated Perk for survivor is DS, it's literally a stun and that's why they use it, to waste killer time. I feel like if Survivors used better objective progress gain perks they would never bother with this.

Underrated Perk for survivor is small game, it literally counters most of the killers most powerful perks and counters 2 killers.

Overrated Perk for killer is Sloppy Butcher, it really doesn't do enough, like 4 seconds on heal, and I see it frequently, it does stack well with some killers and Thanatophobia though.

Underrated Perk for killer is Brutal Strength, I feel like it should be baseline and the biggest timeloss I see in games is breaking pallets and kicking gens when it's incredibly core to whittling away survivor resources and regressing generators.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,127

I don’t play immersed and I always run spine chill, that early warning can save you and get some distance to start a chase.

Overrated: Ruin, most survivors can power through it nowadays so it is hardly worth it unless you have nothing else.

Self-care, it is a time waster against killers who are good a managing time.

Underrated: Corrupt Intervention, y’all are thinking about this the wrong way, CI forces survivors to either hide or get close to you. Better than ruin btw.

Second Wind, if you heal another survivor then after you’re unhooked, you can freely do gens while getting healed.

Don’t get me wrong...I don’t think Spine Chill is useless, it just doesn’t fit my playstyle. The thing I like about survivor is the chase. I love getting chased. I would rather be chased than sit on a generator being bored. Since I like being chased I run perks that make it so I can prolong the chase as much as I possibly can.

I’ve just seen too many urban immersion Nea players and bush hiding Claudette players who have Spine Chill not do ANYTHING all match.

Spine Chill is good against all killers especially stealth killers. It’s a must have for stealth builds...I just find stealth to be very boring and not my personal playstyle.

• FriendlyGuyFriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

I see literally no one using chill except me, that's why i listed ut as underrated. :D

• BunnyTheHuttBunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,772

What? Freddy and Huntress def benefit from MaO, Huntress especially. Having a 20 meter terror radius reduced too 12, plus the fact her lullaby isn't directional based, and you can get some pretty sneaky huntress hits. Freddy with MaO is great when paired with the pills, as it makes him a lot sneakier and harder too detect.

Corrupt Intervention isn't better than Ruin, it literally helps good survivors to split up the gens and gen rush you more efficiently.

If they’re so good then they’d do that with ruin up.🤔 I won’t have to waste as much time patrolling while corrupt is up.

• BunnyTheHuttBunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,772

Fact. It's as Tru3 said, Ruin is better if it lasts longer then Corrupt, while Corrupt only has 2 minutes before you're a 3 perk killer, but they can't break Corrupt.

Except that Ruin doesn't force them to split up or prevent a possible 3 gen strat, as Corrupt does.

But if they’re good then they’d split up regardless of ruin or corrupt and wouldn’t be 3-gening themselves, perks don’t stop good survivors from splitting up.

And how often does Ruin last longer than corrupt? Not very often.

You're right that good survivors will split up regardless, but you shouldn't equip a perk that literally helps survivors to do that.

• Boosted_DwightBoosted_Dwight Member, Trusted Posts: 2,865

Well in a way, survivors still split if Ruin is active. Idk about you but I find working on a gen alone easier than together with ruin because multiple people can mess up their skill check and make the gen repair last forever.