Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

Sprint Burst resetting upon Hook is totally fair...

RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 3,231
edited August 2018 in General Discussions
Coupled with I-Frames on unhook, I for one look forward to their new unstoppable head start if I'm near them and they get unhooked. 

Not camping/near the hook?
Marvel as they SB away in the opposite direction, guaranteeing a team/self-heal. 

Post edited by Raccoon on

Comments

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 3,231
    ...and they get an exhaustion buff immediately after, haha. 

The immediate Exhaustion recovery wouldn't change much anyway to be honest. Seeing as Exhaustion already recovers like normal when you are on the hook anyway. This would only make those quick saves better.

* Presses "X" to Doubt
  • TizzleTizzle Member Posts: 334

@Raccoon said:
    Couple with I-Frames on unhook, I for one look forward to their new umstoppunst head start of I'm near them and they get unhooked. 

Marvel as they SB away in the opposite direction, guaranteeing a team/self-heal. 

Maybe stop camping????

Sprint Burst already recovers on the hook BECAUSE THEY'VE ALREADY USED IT AT THE BEGINNING OF CHASE.

I sware you Killers will complain about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.

• MiloMilo Member Posts: 5,600

Just wait till it hits PTB and we good

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

@Raccoon said:
    Couple with I-Frames on unhook, I for one look forward to their new umstoppunst head start of I'm near them and they get unhooked. 

To be honest, kindred will be a way bigger impact than that.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 4,679

they cried, so they had to be pleased.
    and then they ask themselves, why no one wants to play killer anymore and they cant find any lobbies.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 5,098
    :'( Why can't I camp everyone????? :'(:'(
    edited August 2018
    Milo said:

Hahahaha ;3

@Tizzle @brokedownpalace
    Yeah, I really need to work on my camping skills with Freddy. Any suggestions?

Really, though, people will just start hardcamping anyone that has used SB in a chase, so I guess we are all winners :chuffed:

@Raccoon said:
    Milo said:

Hahahaha ;3

@Tizzle @brokedownpalace
    Yeah, I really need to work on my camping skills with Freddy. Any suggestions?

Why are you posting this then????

For real?

Because I play the game and can recognize potential balance issues?

5 real!

@Raccoon said:
    Because I play the game and can recognize potential balance issues?

5 real

There is basically no difference to Exhaustion reseting on hook with the change as per it is now with it not resetting.

There's no issue.

• Demonsouls1993Demonsouls1993 Member Posts: 261
    Tizzle said:

@Raccoon said:

Maybe stop camping????

Sprint Burst already recovers on the hook BECAUSE THEY'VE ALREADY USED IT AT THE BEGINNING OF CHASE.

I sware you Killers will complain about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.

Oh we cry do we How about u survivors oh we got nerfed the games dead now let's all go review bomb the game to get our way boohoo entitled babys
  • switchswitch Member Posts: 490
    edited August 2018

Not really rewarding failure is the worst idea ever, donno why they are planing to do that .

• Grey87Grey87 Member Posts: 346

The nerf to exhaustion was made to prevent them from activating SB while still in the chase so that they won't be able to SB away from you if they managed to still not get downed after using it for the 1st time.
    The exhaustion reset on hook is fine, especially against tunneling scumbags. Deal with it or go play Civ V.

Except that it punishes killers that leave the hook by allowing survivors to sprint away to a free heal in the opposite direction. 

Killers will definitely adapt, by hard camping. 

We'll all be winners, fam. 
  • BaphomettBaphomett Member Posts: 394
    The unhook changes are not a big deal.  BL changes will mean very little - BL3 was a meme and BL2 is pretty rare.

Kindred could make a big difference, but we dont know how or even if they will impliment it.

For all we know, there are a bunch of killer buffs coming in the patch that they didnt mention in the Q&A.  Let's get all the info and see the PTB before we allnlose our damn minds, yeah?
    Sorry, but we can only discuss information that is public and confirmed. 
  • mintchapstickmintchapstick Member Posts: 340

@Raccoon said:
    Except that it punishes killers that leave the hook by allowing survivors to sprint away to a free heal in the opposite direction. 

Killers will definitely adapt, by hard camping. 

We'll all be winners, fam. 

9/10 killers already do that, so I guess that changes nothing?

Besides, this isn't going to impact the killers who are already away from the hook & you know it. It's going to impact the killers who stand near it.

edited August 2018
    "and you know it"

Do you always try to force your ideas and opinions on others during civil discourse?

If I'm walking away from the hook after hooking someone that just used used Sprint Burst in a chase, as soon as I put any sort of distance between myself and the hook, it guarantees a free escape (from danger after unhook) and heal for the survivor by Sprint Bursting away in the opposite direction. 

Once people figure out the redundancy of this state reset, hard camping will be the new meta. 
  • ChesterTheMolesterChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited August 2018
    Raccoon said:

The immediate Exhaustion recovery wouldn't change much anyway to be honest. Seeing as Exhaustion already recovers like normal when you are on the hook anyway. This would only make those quick saves better.

* Presses "X" to Doubt
    I think he has a point, it'd mostly take effect when survivors take him of the hook quite fast and the Killer not being busy with something
    else like patrolling gens or chasing someone.
  • VortexasVortexas Member Posts: 757

Just wait till they get those few seconds of invulnerability that they are talking when unhook.

That window of opportunity if someone tries to unhook in your face where they are both still..is going away.

• VisionmakerVisionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

@Vortexas said:
    Just wait till they get those few seconds of invulnerability that they are talking when unhook.

It's not even a few seconds. It stops the moment they are able to move, i.e. when the feet touch the ground.

So you can't down the survivor before they're even able to move, womp womp. Facecamping is less viable now, without needing to resort to elaborate mechanics.

• VortexasVortexas Member Posts: 757

@Visionmaker said:

@Vortexas said:

It's not even a few seconds. It stops the moment they are able to move, i.e. when the feet touch the ground.

So you can't down the survivor before they're even able to move, womp womp. Facecamping is less viable now, without needing to resort to elaborate mechanics.

Because running in Circles is super elaborate.

• EninyaEninya Member Posts: 1,038

@MojoTheFabulous said:

Pretty much what I was thinking. It'll have no real effect on anyone but camping killers, as the exhaustion change already prevents multiple uses of Sprint Burst in a single chase.

It seems like a QoL change more than anything.

I don't see how a guaranteed heal vs a non-camping killer helps the game. 
  • thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 7,486

You realize the i-frames are only for the animation where you are being unhooked and stop the moment you gain control of your character right? You act like they are going to be invincible for seconds after an unhook, which won't be the case. You just can't be downed before you can do anything, which was stupid and just rewarded campers way too much. Now at the very least you will have to time your hit correctly.