Home Discussions General Discussions

Why is Borrowed Time intentionally badly designed?

Borrowed is not an overpowered perk. All it does is prevent camping killers, so why can't the perk be distance based instead of TR based. The perk won't work against a cloaked Wraith, NS Ghostface, Insidious whatever, Freddy, Dark Devotion users, Dead Rabbit T2 myers and more. And on the other hand, killers with a big terror radius get punished by existing. Just make the perk activate the killer is in a 32 meter proximity to the hook, and make it so mending is also distance based and not TR

Comments

• EleghostEleghost Member Posts: 817

no one tell him about borrowed time before it was changed!

• aregularplayeraregularplayer Member Posts: 908

Of course it's bs. Don't get yourself a side. It's totally broken.

• yermomyermom Member Posts: 155

Iuno, it's too easy to abuse in end game scenarios. I think it needs a cooldown, or it needs to apply exhaustion. Especially if they base it on distance alone.

It would be fair as is if all the pallets in the game were as safe as the badham rework pallets, but they aren't and won't be for a while.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 3,046
    edited November 2019

I wholeheartedly agree. It makes no sense that the Non-camping killers get screwed over because they may be running something that makes terror radius bigger (map-wide)and the person getting unhooked gets endurance while the killer isn’t even nearby.

• immortalls96immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,435

In other words remove all form of counterplay from the perk including its "downside " meanwhile all killer perks must have a massive hole in its power and certainly cant be allowed to synergize..clearly a lot of thought being put on I see

• LordEmrichLordEmrich Member Posts: 258

Oh is THAT what that is? That's why so many people are unhooking the second I turn around? I never understood why people wouldn't at least wait til I was on the other side of the map before they made the save. It's all starting to make sense now.

• KwanghyunKwanghyun Member Posts: 186
    edited November 2019

It’s a free farm perk. Saying that it is used for anti camping is just [BAD WORD]. We all know why are it’s soo overused and it has nothing to do with the incredibly rare campers...Can’t wait for it to get “normalized” too. They made this pert broken when they added the deep wound to it, and clearly overpowered when they broke the mechanic while trying to balance legion.

• Nazeef13Nazeef13 Member Posts: 352

Balance wise, there is almost always a cost for no TR.

-Ghost face can be revealed and has cooldown

-wraith has to uncloak (bait it for TR)

- piggy is slowed while croutching

-insidious you have stand still and use 1/4 of your perks

- using a particular add-on or perk instead of something else.

The exception would be Freddy, dream world has no cost and should have TR.

• DaGreenBoltDaGreenBolt Member Posts: 453

I'm sorry what?

The way people abuse BT is not as an anti-camping perk, but isn't a free unhook where they don't get punish for it.

BT is already a meta perk, and its also promotes bad plays as most survivors use BT to just get a free unhook, where they know a killer can't do crap against it even though they aren't camping.

• TheHourManTheHourMan Member Posts: 1,031
    edited December 2019

Because Legion. They [BAD WORD] the Deep Wound status hardcore when they nerfed Legion. It was already bad enough as it was with it being chase based. TR based is EVEN HARDER to down people with. Actually, scratch that, it's next to impossible to down people with.

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 3,377

I would argue for Borrowed Time to be distance based for two reasons. The first is consistency. The effect should be a consistent one. The second is a killer with a larger Terror Radius is put at a disadvantage compared to those with a smaller one. I propose a 24 meter minimum distance to keep it from triggering. With the trade off of Borrowed time no longer triggers during egc.

• Blueeyes913Blueeyes913 Member Posts: 5

Likely because I know at least one person on the DBD subreddit who would call borrowed time "OP" if it was distance based. Then again, that same guy calls everything survivor related OP and demands all survivor perks (such as DS, which is ok as is) to be nerfed to uselessness. Not naming names, they know who they are.