The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

I really hope they change legions cooldowns

I really hope they took the legion feedback into consideration. The nerf to the basic attack during FF sucks but it wouldn't be so bad if they revert his cooldown period to 3sec instead of the 4 sec. And if they make his base power recharge at 15 seconds again instead on 20 seconds. I feel like then the drawback from the basic attack would be more fair because it just seems like an unnecessary nerf atm.

Comments

• xCarriexCarrie Member Posts: 462

Legion most likely won’t be looked at til mid to late 2020 because the devs are first going to look at doctor and leatherface. Plus with the recent “legion changes” which was just a nerf thought of in two seconds might serve as an excuse for legion to not be looked at for a while. Maybe by luck they’ll get a proper change soon but I wouldn’t keep too high hopes.

• TKTKTKTK Member Posts: 576

We just have to accept that legion wasn't made to be good, they took away the stall which was all legion had with there mending and then took away perks like stbfl and sloppy so i think it's time to take legion out and put them out of there misery lol unless people like playing a killer with the power to injure and see nothing for 4 seconds after.

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

I enjoy running around and stabbing, but it's gotten to the point the power punishes you more than it helps you. Other than in rare situations you are better off not using your power at all. All this on a group of characters (that never get to be seen together despite being the "Legion") that have amazing lore.

• PistolTimbPistolTimb Member Posts: 1,414

They really should. Hillbilly has like a 2 second cooldown and he can instadown lmao.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 5,696

Honestly with all the problems Legion has had to this point I don't even know what would get him to viability anymore. I genuinely think he needs a Freddy level rework at this point.

• ASpazNamedSteveASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,501

That's the one change in this upcoming patch that I think is 100% misguided and makes no sense.

• kermit_snacc_chokekermit_snacc_choke Member Posts: 197

ALMO CAME WITH THE NERF GUN-47 HAHAHAHHA HA (if u don't know this reference search up elmo came with the ak-47)

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 1,358

Agree but they will not and even those changes would not change the main problem of Legion's power, that the power is not lethal. But those changes would make legion more fun to pllay.

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 1,358
    edited December 2019

@TKTK

But that doesnt mean this killer should feel awfull and unfun and should be the worst killer next to leatherface. I mean Legion is a DLC killer where you have to pay money or ingame shards that take like 50hours to farm to buy it... I wouldnt mind if a free killer would be that awfull but its just a joke if that effects a [BAD WORD] DLC character.

• ShiShi Member Posts: 101

I hope every our feedback in PTB have meaning for Dev.

• DWolfAlphaDWolfAlpha Member Posts: 369

Honestly, if they made it so missing an attack didn't end your FF, it would be much less frustrating. Then you wouldn't feel like you get punished for using your power. Seriously, on console, it's horrendous. A survivor zig zags back and forth, and your auto aim pulls you to where they are when you aim for where they're going. I get that they didn't want people spamming the attack til they hit someone, but really, who cares? Since hitting the same person twice now kicks you out without any kind of benefit, mashing the attack has a chance to backfire anyway. Auto aiming into a tree immediately after starting your FF sucks when you now have to wait 20 seconds to try again. Also, since you have to fill the gauge completely to even use it, and the fact that it's non-lethal, hitting someone with a basic attack should charge your power faster, not drain it. It's like they tried to fix every problem at once without considering how each fix might also fix something else, or make something obsolete.

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Peanits, I think, did say that some of the Legion changes, or maybe he said PTB changes, would change depending on feedback so hopefully the Devs listened to our feedback of adding something that wasn't even considered and not in the PTB.

Speed changes are good

Mending changes are bad

2-3 second stun time for power WOULD make up for the Mending changes

FF going into the pattern of not a Basic Attack is really bad and silly

Pin add-ons STILL need tweaks, probably the tweak everyone has been saying but was ignored. Honestly the fact that the Pin add-ons need to be tweaked in the first place is completely idiotic, if someone in the Dev team actually played Legion the Pin add-ons would NEVER have been originally made to activate by hitting someone twice back to back...that was stupid and everyone said it was stupid Day 1.

• xllxENIGMAxllxxllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 918

I see good feedback here. Yes evryone told devs to reduce fatigue to 3s and cooldown to 15s. We also asked.

• Basic attack penalty to be removed
    • Frank's mix tape to be reworked or buffed.

That's the major point everyone have pointed out myself i did the full list of what need to be work out, So did my bud here @UlvenDagoth.

• Predator3174PLPredator3174PL Member Posts: 232

Nope. They wont because "BaLaNcE"

• OmegaXIIOmegaXII Member Posts: 859

"If we reduce the cooldown, then survivors will have a balance game with legion, so no, we don't do that here"

From Devs

(This is a joke if you haven't realise :))

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Why should anything be made "To not be good"? Your logic is flawed.

• PrettyFaceKatePrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 441

I really have to question if someone among the Devs suffers from PTSD from old Legion for facing them in-game. It would suggest an extreme level of pettiness and caprice, but I struggle to find any other explanation at this point to make sense of the additional unnecessary nerfs.

• TheRockstarKnightTheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 713
    edited December 2019

But they continue to make and release cool and, more importantly, free skins for Legion.

I don't think they hate Legion, I think they just genuinely have no clue what to do with Legion and simply aren't willing/are unable to listen to any community feedback on them.

Still sucks, but I don't think the devs are actively out to get us.

• tortradertortrader Member Posts: 171

When he was about to be released the word from their stream was that the Legion was meant to be fun, which I took to not mean OP.

The rainfall of DCs that the Legion triggered basically doomed the character. If this killer was going to cause people to give up DBD then it has to be nerfed.

All in all it was a bad design that unmasked exploits. Don't think we as players are to blame.

• tortradertortrader Member Posts: 171

I don't play killers in a manner that causes people to DC, but when they do it's one of two things: either I'm running Legion, or Wraith with the add on that makes the heartbeat stay on when cloaked.

I've been trying to level up Legion recently and to his teachables, and some people still won't have anything to do with him.

• xllxENIGMAxllxxllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 918

Exactly you get the point.

I'm not angry on devs because they don't proceed as we ask. I mean DW is probably the issue here it's very hard to balance it. Old legion and probably new legion will exploit DW once more, maybe they should rework the entire effect itself and make it non-lethal but instead, if you are affected by it you can't repair etc.. If the timer end maybe you can't move or run or something like that.

• TKTKTKTK Member Posts: 576

I know, i like the concept of legion myself but man..... they are really giving them the red headed step child treatment

• DaGreenBoltDaGreenBolt Member Posts: 398

Since when did they ever look at Feedback from the PTB. Legion is getting Legioned and hes getting the Nurse treatment at the same time.