The 3.4.1 hotfix is rolling out on Steam and PS4, with Xbox and Windows Store following soon. For patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/110295/
The disconnect penalty test will take place sometime after the update is released on PC platforms and Switch™.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

DC - A warning.

This match here, is like the many I can do as a killer. SLUG EVERYONE. Would the developers be so kind as to add something to the game so this cannot be done anymore. I mean I see you are going to be handing out DC penalties. and there are NO rules against this behavior of slugging, stated on the official rules book.

This total thing went on for nearly 4 minutes. I think survivors really would appreciate this to be addressed. Since they will face account penalties for leaving. 😈

- Btw the new map looks amazing that was launched today. 😃

Comments

• fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 3,872

Wait and see if unbreakable doesn't get some kind of multi use buff when slugging becomes even more meta. It will be a longer recovery time each use.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 80

Most killers won't slug every survivor until bleedout

They will, you know play the game

The 1 in a 100 games i face a killer that just want's to be toxic i'll just alt tab and watch youtube for 4 minutes

• dont_ask_me_againdont_ask_me_again Member Posts: 230

Nice find... maybe the solution is... let the other survivors have a pitch in nulling any penalty against you in the match? If this happened to me and teammates started DC’ing... I’d tick a box saying they shouldn’t be penalised because the game is pretty much over.

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 845
    edited December 3

Been vouching for a forfeit button that automatically allows the entity to take the survivor, but is only available for use when certain conditions are met. Slugged with only one survivor left up seems a fair point, as well as all 4 slugged. But it would require a bunch of different circumstances to be set up/coded to be recognised for it.

(kind of like how a survivor can kill themself on the hook)

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 3,302

Unfortunately this would just be abused to "Veto" a killer. If the killer isnt who you want to face or has an addon you dont like, the whole team could DC without worry. Lord knows Ive seen it done to me plenty where I'll load into a match, only to have a team DC within 15 seconds.

• wannabeukwannabeuk Member Posts: 111

Slugging is fine, slugging and refusing to hook in a situation like this is just being a dick, the game should detect loss situation such as this and increase the bleed out speed.

• CarlosyluCarlosylu Member Posts: 1,271

*WWE crowd cheering voices:

"Call - them - out! Call - them - out! Call - them - out!"

• dont_ask_me_againdont_ask_me_again Member Posts: 230
    edited December 3

Well, just take away the ability for swf to veto for each other... and honestly... 4 dishonest people (4 solos) would be much rarer than a dishonest killer (not saying loads of killers are dishonest - if 4 killers were together in a group in some way I’m pretty sure there’s going to be honest ones overall just the same). Like rather than a “veto”... people in the match could directly add to the system that the person dc’ed to ruin the game... make the killer count as 2 votes and if 3 are hit then yeah the person gets a DC penalty... something like this would just reduce some dumb stuff from happening.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 2,223

Those saying its holding the game hostage, it isn't. The survivors will bleedout and end the match. Holding hostage is deliberately making it so the match cannot end by normal means.

I take it OP usually DCs if the killer slugs. Get over it or take the time penalty. There are things on both sides that piss people off that everyone needs to learn to tolerate.

The fact you did this to prove a point is more toxic, imo. You would garner more sympathy if you were one of the survivors bleeding out to an [BAD WORD] killer instead of being that killer.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 4,638

There are already countless anti-slug perks available if it bothers anyone that much. Slugging is also a high risk play for killers in the first place. There's no reason for more slugging nerfs.

This. I'm all for legit slugging as a tactic; but slugging like this for the hell of it, or the game is clearly over, the survivor should be able to give up without incurring a DC penalty/losing the points they gained in the game.

I do think something similar should be in place for killer too, although there is always potential to turn that around.

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 3,302

I know killers can "give up" by opening the exit gates and starting the endgame collapse. Are you suggesting something similar to that?

In a sense, yeah, like faster bleedout could be an option, since survivors can already kill themselves. 4 minute of slugging when the game is already lost isn't fun. Things not being overly fun and yet being heavily prevalent are a big issue for this game, for both sides, right now.

• Swiftblade131Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 1,268

And your not hooking them why?

• Venom368Venom368 Member Posts: 203

The only way to hold a game hostage is body blocking a survivor in a corner as killer and not hitting them. The game can only end if the killer does something or the survivor DCs.

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 5,764

If you DC because you got slugged, you deserve a penalty. IDGAF if killer slugs everyone and you all bleed out. It's only 4 minutes.

• ShrekIsHotShrekIsHot Member Posts: 2,698
  • TheCrookedManTheCrookedMan Member Posts: 135

As said above, slugging is high risk. That survivor could be picked up by another survivor and then you just wasted hooking a survivor like an idiot. And you get punished via lack of sacrifice blood points.

• CymerCymer Member Posts: 895

First, letting everyone get slugged is a misplay by the survivors.

If slugging is a concern you can run Unbreakable or go balls deep with No Mither.

The game is not taken hostage, it will end when everyone bleed out or the last escaped through the hatch. (Still a possibility)

Unfun? Yes. But there are enough thing we can do against it.

I still would report the killer, if he does this every match and never hooks survivors for unsportsmanlike behavior so the support can take a look.

But slugging on itself is a completely viable strategy and sometimes even required.

• InnCognitoInnCognito Member Posts: 119
    edited December 3

Just a recap:

1. I have broke NO official game rules.
    2. In the time survivors are down. I can do whatever I want. I can break pallets, bust generators. Find hatch to close and even look at survivor positioning.
    3. By definition. I never held the game hostage according to game rules.
    4. I am unaware of what perks survivors are running.
    5. This is also, NOT unsportsmanlike conduct. As I am actively searching the level for said level objectives to interact with those, said items.

As quoted by the rules:

------Discarded reports reasons-----

THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT CONSIDERED BANNABLE OFFENSES - PLEASE DO NOT REPORT

* Camping

* Slugging

* Tunneling

* Streamsniping

* Teabagging

* Bodyblocking

* Looping

* Tapping generators with ruin

--- that is the excerpt rules of the game, posted above ------

The point of the topic is: killers can do this and survivors are going to be subjected to this type of treatment. Hence, because there is no fixes to the game to counter this. Other than perks. Which most survivors do NOT run said perks to counter slugging. Killers can take advantage of this mechanic in hopes the survivor can force their hand one way or another. As a killer. I have to bet on the fact that one or all survivors are running adrenaline and that if I cannot slug them. I will not 4k a team. Yes, this is a shady tactic and I will say that I do NOT agree a survivor-player should have to wait 4-6 minutes before a match can conclude. NO, the game is not "held hostage" since the survivor will EVENTUALLY perish and/or succumb to their mortal, in-game wounds.

• UsuiUsui Member Posts: 456

I mean I would have dc'd, regardless of penalty. I'm for sure not putting up with this kind of play. imagine coming here to brag about this, yikes