We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Favourite builds on the characters you main

I'm looking for interesting ideas on builds that are particularly fun or synergise in an interesting way.

Here are my favourite builds for the characters I like to play:

• Survivor: Head on, Quick and quiet, Iron will/inner strength,Decisive strike/fixated/we're going to live forever or Head on, Quick and quiet, ace in the hole, plunderer's instinct.
  • Killer: I play without addons or offerings, but please list your favourite combinations if you use them
  • Hillbilly: Enduring, BBQ, whispers/discordance, spirit fury/infectious fright (i switch between the last two depending on how i'm doing with my chainsaw). If I'm doing particularly well I'll switch out whispers/discordance with agitation
  • Wraith: BBQ, pop goes the weasel/surge,spirit fury/surveillance, enduring (surge and surveillance if i'm doing well; pop and spirit fury if I'm getting stomped)
  • Freddy: BBQ, Enduring, pop/surge, spirit fury/sloppy (spirit fury and pop on a bad day, sloppy and surge on a good day)
  • Ghostface: BBQ, surveillance, nurse's, surge/enduring

What are yours?

Comments

• SilentSpectreSilentSpectre Member Posts: 736

Survivor: Adrenaline, DS, DH, BT

Wraith: Surveillence, Ruin, BBQ, Spirit's Fury

• PainaPaina Member Posts: 57

Survivor: spine chill, bond, wgtlf and small game

Killer (just started to play killer, so I have to test more builds, but at the moment:

Wraith: whispers, bbq, pgtw and surveillance/enduring/nurse's, I'm glad I bought them, when they were available in the shrine

• Spooky13Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,113

Survivor: Plunderer's Instinct, Adrenaline, DS, BT

Killer:

Wraith: Devour Hope, Nurses Calling, BBQ, Brutal Strength

Legion (RIP my build): Sloppy Butcher, Dying Light, Nurses Calling, Thanatophobia

Plague: Thanatophobia, Dying Light, BBQ, I'm All Ears

Ghostface: Brutal Strength, BBQ, Nurses, Discordance

Demogorgon: Enduring, BBQ, Nurses Calling, Devour Hope

(Soon™) Oni: Infectious Fright, Sloppy Butcher, Distressing, Coulrophobia

• FriendlyGuyFriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Date Kenson: BL, DS, BT, Spine Chill and a commodious toolbox

Nurse: Sloppy, BBQ, Nurses Calling, M&A and as addons double cooldown

• PistolTimbPistolTimb Member Posts: 1,414

I run bt, we'll make it, bond and adrenaline on my Ace. I'm solo so I try to keep my level of information and team play as high as possible.

For killer I almost always run save the best for last, especially on demogorgon. I can keep my stacks high on him and still attack the obsession without losing stacks. Monitor and abuse is a favorite of mine too.

• csandman1977csandman1977 Member Posts: 776

Survivors i usually run spine chill, empathy, sprint burst and fixated/plunderers/ds/or bt depending on my mood.

Spine chill is completely underrated. Empathy is map wide situational awareness. Granted someone needs to be injured but knowing someone is getting chased across the map makes my life less tense. Also knowing if someone is running the killer right at me further than 20 meters away is usefull also.

Sprint burst (dont have bl or lithe unlocked and dead hard i miss the timing with it all the time)

Borrowed time is good but i don't generally unhook near the killer. I think bt encourages bad plays on both sides. Sure the guy you unhook gets away but now you're on hook and killer gets positive reinforcement that camping is a good strategy.

DS comes in clutch once in awhile now that i can actually hit the skill check. Most times though, if theres an obsession i get slugged

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 13,793

Nea: Spine Chill, DS, Unbreakable and adrenaline

Huntress: BBQ, whispers, ruin and nurses.

• VampiroxVampirox Member Posts: 131

Claudette (medic) - Botany, Empathy, Self-care, Adrenaline for filler

Feng Min (locker build) - Inner Strength, Headon, Quick and quiet, 4th any filler

Ace (no-mither) - No Mither, Dead hard, resilence, this is not happening

Ace is the quietest person for No Mither.

• LunarFaceLunarFace Member Posts: 44

ghost - sloppy, thanata, nurses, pgtw

legion - sloppy, thanata, m&a, ruin

clown - ruin, sloppy, pgtw, brutal strength

best builds for those 3

• MrDardonMrDardon Member Posts: 790
    edited November 2019

SURVIVORS:

Meg Thomas:

• Fixated: Allows to walk faster, hide better when hearing the Terror Radius
    • Sprint Burst: Allows me to do unsafe gens, works well with fixated because I can walk faster while wasting less time doing it
    • Empathy: To see other injured Survivors and to try and heal them
    • Solidarity: While I heal them injured, I also heal myself and reset my Fixated-Sprint Burst combo

This is my favourite non Meta Perk build. It has great Synergie, all Perks work perfectly together.

KILLERS:

Legion: Stolen Sketch Book and Susie's Mixtape

• Thanatophobia: Slow down, specifically on gens while easily injuring people
    • Corrupt Intervention: Early game slowdown, gives me more time to cover smaller areas to find Survivors. Also, they can't do gens right at the start.
    • Discordance: If they dare to touch a gen together I will see it, stab them, build up my Thana, get information due to Susie's Mixtape + longer Frenzy due to Stolen Sketch Book
    • Enduring: A just in case Perk if Survivor do make mistakes on pallet drops I can punish them with the short cooldown and grab them if they throw the pallet on the wrong side. Also, some Survivors tend to run away if they stun the Killer. Against Enduring, you can't just run away.

This build is specifically made to find Survivor's early on and build up my slow down as fast as possible to be aggressive in chases afterwards.

Ghostface: Olsen's Adress Book and Walleye's Matchbook

• Sloppy Butcher: For slower healing.
    • A Nurses Calling: To see people healing while in stealth.
    • Corrupt Intervention: Early game slowdown, basically making the map smaller at the start.
    • Save the best for last: Building up my Tokens due to stealth hits. With 8 Tokens I practically get an instadown. I sometimes stalk if I feel that it's the right situation, otherwise I hit and leave them to catch the off guard.

This build can also be referred as "Anti Healing Ghostface". I only use Save the best for last instead of Thanatophobia just to get this shorter cooldown and semi Insta Down after surprise attacking people.

I could keep on with this list until I have every Killer written down, but most other Killers have kind of the same build with 2 main Perks. Also, the comment would be very long so I'll stay with those.

• ahandfulofrainahandfulofrain Member Posts: 528

Trapper: Whispers, Corrupt, Save the Best for Last, Pop/Nurse's/Sloppy/Dying Light depending.

Survivor: Adren, Dead Hard, Autodidact, Iron Will/Q+Q

• ahandfulofrainahandfulofrain Member Posts: 528
  • underlord99underlord99 Member Posts: 901

survivor: spinechill, adrenalin, borrowed time, and urban evasion( I'm addicted to it dont judge me ....)

freddy: pop, bbq and chili, ruin, save the best for last

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 8,674

Make Your Choice is fantastic on Hag of course, but i'm loving it more and more on my Wraith.

It + any Windstorm is so good.

• LunarFaceLunarFace Member Posts: 44

nah. stbfl is fun, but not totally in your control. besides, you dont need it. you catch up with them so fast after the first hit anyway.

• toxic_clowntoxic_clown Member Posts: 318

big brain clown main here

The Clown: ruin, pop, brutal strength/thanata, sloppy butcher/monitor.

• Mooshroome64Mooshroome64 Member Posts: 24

On most survivors, but mainly David, Jeff, Dwight or Jake depending on how I feel:

Probably Aftercare, DS, Iron Will + Spine Chill

If I'm playing Adam or Ace, they're quiet enough to run something other than Iron Will - I quite like dead hard on them.

As for on killer:

Doctor - Ruin, BBQ, STBFL and Discordance is normally my go to, maybe throwing in a spirit fury/enduring combo, pop or mad grit if I'm feeling funky.

• cricketscornercricketscorner Member Posts: 439

Hag - Corrupt Intervention, Haunted Grounds, Make Your Choice and either Nurse's Calling or M&A for the fourth slot (those two also work really well together on her).

Freddy - Surge, PGTW, Surveillance & Ruin (it's really an open fourth slot though, doesn't really need ruin).

Survivor (usually play female characters) - Iron Will, Balanced Landing, BT and fourth slot is whatever, sometimes Unbreakable or Inner Strength.

Those are just for my usual survivor playstyle, but more fun builds are the Lithe+Q&Q+Dance With Me+Iron Will Houdini build, Head On with Inner Strength etc.

• AcculllaAccullla Member Posts: 557

Discordance on Doc is an interesting choice, because he's generally pretty good at tracking.. or do you try to synergise the perk with his power? E.g. save tier one madness for when you need to find survivors during the midgame. avoid using the power at the start and use discordance instead? I'm really curious as to how people play Doc, as I rarely play him.

• underlord99underlord99 Member Posts: 901

Freddy :STBFL, POP, BBQ, RUIN