Home Discussions General Discussions

How could we fix Decisive Strike without making it useless?

Comments

• SammyWasabiSammyWasabi Member Posts: 89

Hi, no offense taken first of all, and thank you for the feedback, I also do not play killer, I play survivor most of the time. The main reason I wanted to change the perk or add solutions, is because of the fact there isn't a counter to it when they jump into a locker, or if the exit gate is right next to the hook where they are pulled off. This is to make it less of an oppressive perk, as it can throw off a game's momentum, and another reason I wanted to change it, is because most of the times that I would ever use DS to stab the killer, was when they weren't tunnelling, and I wanted to add counterplay that doesn't require slugging and throwing off your momentum.

• switchswitch Member Posts: 489

They need to make it if you do any actions such as healing/repairing/saving it deactivates, if you're doing one of those things that means you're not in danger so DS would be useless.

Right now DS is " do what the hell you want for 1 min without any downsides"

edited December 2019

This is not a way to challenge their view, please, if you disagree, be reasonable and explain why you disagree.

• WeederickWeederick Member Posts: 977

DS should deactivate when you jump in lockers

• ASpazNamedSteveASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,501

Something to do with it not working in lockers, because pure invincibility is just bs.

And maaaaybe it not working if someone else got hooked? But idk that change could be iffy, it just sucks when you're downing people so fast that you get hit by DS after you've hooked someone completely different.

• SleepharthaSleephartha Member Posts: 242
    edited December 2019

How wonderfully rude. My points are valid. Don't weaken a necessary perk for a situation that may happen in .0001% of games. And trust me, I'm plenty tired of the entitled killer mindset. I'm just not going to be rude about it.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 2,447
    edited December 2019

@Sairek

Except for that sometimes gates spawn too far from the hook. Giving you no opportunity to use DS as all.. and that’s perfectly fine. Kudos to a killer who knows how to counter it. You, however, are basically putting EVERY possible outcome into this one instance. Which doesn’t happen every time because it gets countered.

You can also get downed so many meters away from the gate and be slugged...same difference. I’ve actually seen killers pick a survivor while in dying state right as they were about to leave, should they be mad that they can’t use it just because they brought the perk? No. But you also shouldn’t be mad when you didn’t properly counter it by hooking someone away from the gates. When you can clearly see where the gates are.

• NubgutterNubgutter Member Posts: 73

Cry me a river and ".0001%" Try more like at least 20-30% and so you're just going to pretend that DS is extremely abusable at end game and that it still punishes killers that arent trying to tunnel the survivor with DS since it lasts 1 minute?

• PeachbunPeachbun Member Posts: 3

I personally think DC is fine how it is. It can only be used once, once its used hit or missed, it's basically just a useless perk slot. I use DC because I tend to get tunneled a lot for some odd reason (I dont tbag, flashlight, or point) especially at the beginning of the game with just 1 gen done. But I understand how it can be frustrating when the exit gates are open and they use DC as well.

That's very nice of you to be concerned about killer welfare. lol. I still see those as niche situations and there are bigger issues to deal with but yeah, free will.... have fun...

You cant hook someone that far away, that he cant get away from a M1-killer. When you get hit by a normal M1, you can run 75m including bloodlust before you can hit them again. That is across the whole map.

If killers get a hook lategame, they deserve a bone imho. Deactive DS/BT when the gens are powered, so you get more players playing killer at rank 1. Its one of those things that are highly unfun as killer.

Thank you for your feedback, I understand that it is a one-time use perk, but it can completely change the course of a game, and allow for invincibility in lockers, making the killer leave them, get stabbed, or wait for DS to be over. And the endgame problem with DS, I agree sometimes it can be wasted, and not used, but the possibility of it is a problem, thank you for reasonably disagreeing.

@Weederick

And on the flip side being slugged and tunneled are also unfun for survivors but they adapt either way.

Thats why you have Decisive Strike, Borrowed Time and Unbreakable to counter that for the whole game. But when the gates are open, it isn't about tunneling/slugging anymore, its straight up immunity to escape. You cant counter it, thats why endgame DS/BT should be looked at.

edited December 2019

@Weederick if you can’t counter it then why is it that many survivors who have just been unhooked get slugged and their DS runs out?

They can jump in a locker but the killer can just wait, because the entity will kill them anyway. There is your “bone”.

There are counters to DS the thing is as I said before people just want a perk to work in their favor. How nice would it be it I didn’t have to cleanse totems to prevent no ed or not have to wonder whether a Hillbilly has Spirit Fury... in EGC.

• MysticAdvisorMysticAdvisor Member Posts: 443

Hey it was already nerfed!

And if you hate this perk so much then stop tunneling.

This perk is situational yet everyone runs it because killers don’t know that slugging and not tunneling is an option.

• FreakPrinceFreakPrince Member Posts: 239

If you don't tunnel and you still get DS'ed it means you're dominating the match. I don't see the point for being so sweaty.

edited December 2019
  • TBfishyTBfishy Member Posts: 28

You know what, I think that's a genuis idea. Youve really got a point man. And lets buff ruin and noed too! Lets go gamers!

• TKTKTKTK Member Posts: 712

Assuming he just wants survivors to be helpless really shows how biased you really are, can you not see that DS has some situations where it can be abused where the killer didn't deserve the DS or it's EGC and the killer can't do anything when they are at the exit gate slugging to it.

• As long as it doesn't activate from grabs from lockers, and other actions I'm fine with it now.

There's no point in arguing with someone who doesn't deal in facts and/or understand statistics. There is absolutely no way that an endgame DS that allows an unstoppable escape happens in 20-30% of games. Again, look at killer kill rates. 75% at red ranks where presumably this is such a terrible issue. I don't know how you guys play at all what with unstoppable master SWF squads using their last second DS at gates... Yeah 75% kill rates. This is a non-issue. In the meantime I get hit across a pallet stun every other game, hit 5 feet past a window every other game, and end up the last survivor in an EGC with doors at Killer for Dummies distances apart every 3-4 games. but yes... lets prioritize increasing killer kill rates in this niche situation.

• TBfishyTBfishy Member Posts: 28

Of course it can be abused, but it can be countered, and if its at the exit gate then oh well.

Same goes for powerful killer perks, like if you get killed by noed, oh well, thats on you and theres a counter, even though theres no way you could have known (just like decisive)

Just play smart and assume the worst

• TKTKTKTK Member Posts: 712

I'm not saying noed is okay either, both sides have some stupid things still but it doesn't mean the opposite sides abuseable perk is justified,but i'm not gonna rip into people for using it or suggesting that there needs to be a change to them though, no side should be rewarded for playing bad intentionally.

• XergeXerge Member Posts: 918

Like others have said; it should deactivate when you are fully healed or start working on a gen.

• EridianBlazeEridianBlaze Member Posts: 30

Honestly, I don't mind getting DS'd. I'll just eat it and Chase them again to punish them for their teammate going for a bad save. I'm either too far away for DS to be needed or I get the occasional "unhook as soon as I turn around". Or I've also had a few times at Endgame while I ran Rancor. DS is quite annoying, but it's something I am fine having to deal with.

Also, I do agree that it should deactivate if another Survivor gets downed. Not hooked. Since that way it still works as an anti tunnel perk but also has counterplay/can be punished if a Survivor tries to unhook right in front of the Killer.

• TheHourManTheHourMan Member Posts: 1,031

DS is fine. The nerf they did to it a while back was exactly the right thing to do.

• SairekSairek Member Posts: 4,953

Survivors control where they get downed -- not the killer. When I have DS and I know I'm about to go down and the gates are close to being powered (I.E., one generator left) -- I make sure I go down on the side of the map where one of the gates exists in, which is often not very hard, even if the gates are both on just one side of the map, that's at least 3 sides of the map and the middle where you can have access to one gate to escape from in 95% of cases.

Even if a survivor gets hooked far, far away from a gate, the existence of borrowed time as well as the fact many survivors will body block you both towards the hook and will body block for the survivor who just got unhooked is a very real thing and very often happens because if you haven't tunneled at all during the game, that means they're all are going to have DS so if they get downed and rescue the person who just got off the hook, the person who just got rescued can save one other person and again, we go back to square one where they both just crawl away.

Your solution of "just hook them far away from the gate" is incredibly unrealistic against any survivor group who's half decent at the game and isn't lacking a few brain cells. Hoping the survivors are literally bad and stupid isn't a valid counter to the perk, nor does it change the fact that the perk is just poorly designed in the first place where it allows this kind of behavior to be a thing.

Decisive Strike isn't even a balanced perk because it was buffed to stun for 5 seconds due to the fact enduring could be used to counter it as a consideration, and then they took away the counter, yet kept the stun timer at 5 seconds. At the very least, the stun timer should be re-adjusted with the fact that enduring cannot be considered as a counter to it anymore.