Home Discussions General Discussions

New Yamaoka Map is Way Too Dark

It's really hard to enjoy the new map when you can hardly see in front of you. It's too dark for survivor and killer. I play on PS4 so I can't make adjustments like people on PC can. Anyone else having this issue with the new map?

Comments

• TodgeweihtTodgeweiht Member Posts: 3,346

Yeah, I am having the same problem with that map, its somehow darker than the lower floor on Gideons meat plant

• TooKoolFoUTooKoolFoU Member Posts: 378

I noticed it was dark but I didn’t think much of it

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,127

I really struggle to see on that map.

• EchorionEchorion Member Posts: 2,117

I literallly lost a match where I found NO SURVIVORS ALL GAME it was just too dark. I never even scored a hit until the gates were open and I Saw them going for it.

• IcemanIceman Member Posts: 1,413

I lose survivors very easily on that map.

• Hail_to_the_KingHail_to_the_King Member Posts: 153

The old map is even darker now too.

• ASurvkillivorerASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,042

What type of screen are you using OP? I am about to upgrade mine and I wondered if it was just my TV. Its so dark the grass there should be even worse than the original map. IDK how you're suposed to hit anyone in the charge mode.

• Kuckashi_Kuckashi_ Member Posts: 2

I was playing as Ghostface on it earlier, and it was insanely hard to find people and I lost track of survivors a lot. Also, don't even try crouching lol. I still ended up getting a 3k though and gave the last person hatch, I had to hear my way around lol. I played as survivor too, and it felt like everytime I'd vault from the shrine the killer would lose me immediately. Traps are extremely hard to see though. It definitely needs to be brighter or have less vegetation :)

• ASpazNamedSteveASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,501

I'm on PC and it feels just as bad. I don't think a map should ever be THIS stealth-focused, it's horrible.

• StrodeWinsStrodeWins Member Posts: 274

i really like it. they should just make survivor cosmetics brighter and maps darker. adds to the horror theme.

• MonlythMonlyth Member Posts: 507

Yeah, the map is noticeably darker now.

• ProfoundEndingProfoundEnding Member Posts: 1,711

I love how dark it looks. Adds that creepy vibe.

• I_Eat_WormsI_Eat_Worms Member Posts: 314

you need to get your vision checked out, I can see just fine

• JacksonWiseJacksonWise Member Posts: 267

I am currently using a LG UHD TV but I am about to switch to a SmartTV. I don't know if it is an issue that can be fixed with TV settings. I've tried different picture modes and adjusted the color, tint, saturation, etc. but it doesn't really make the map any less dark.

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,173

I'm pretty sure I have had more "Scooby Doo" moments on this map than a horror game rightfully should.

• PeasantPeasant Member Posts: 4,104

Just like, fix the gens, they'll make I brighter.

In all seriousness I'm afraid this issue seems locked to consoles for some reason so I am not too optimistic about the odds that this will get fixed anytime soon.

• DythosDythos Member Posts: 46
    edited December 2019

This map is too dark both for survivors and killer. As survivor I can at least use 3rd person to still compensate for it, but with the first person view of killer, it's a nightmare.

Additionally, it's so dark, that after a few games of getting the Sanctum of Wrath map repeatedly, it's causes me to get some serious eye strain and headaches.

(On a side note, this map got me to create a forum account, so there's that.)

• NosplashNosplash Member Posts: 77
    edited December 2019

everyone here other than you finds the map darker than the other ones/darker than it should be. maybe you need to get your eyes checked out and maybe also a vibe check for being a smart ass with that comment of yours ?

• NosplashNosplash Member Posts: 77

i am using whatever map offerings i have to avoid that particular map. it's crazy dark and i've had survivors literally in front of me and i could not see sh*t. i came to the forums to make a thread about the map, you were faster and i'm glad. hope they manage to adjust the brightness ( not all graphic cards can adjust brightness/gamma and if you do it on control panel settings, it ruins a lot of visual stuff, at least for me :'(

• PistolTimbPistolTimb Member Posts: 1,414

Agreed. I keep my game bright so I can actually see people on maps like the game. Sanctum of wrath has super weird contrast that makes it almost impossible to see. It isn't too bad as survivor but it seems cancerous as killer.

• SojuMojuSojuMoju Member Posts: 2

Its really hard to see on this map as a survivor on console. The map itself is dark but going against the Legion recently made it really difficult to see, perhaps even made it worse.

• DeanIcityDeanIcity Member Posts: 155

Is this being acknowledged? This is a ridiculous problem, this is WAY too dark. Not fun to play on this map at all because of it. Can we fix this please? Like, yesterday? Same for the old Spirit map. It's just too much. @Peanits

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 2,919

I think so as well OP.

They should tone it down a bit because it’s pretty dark especially if you are hit with frenzy by a Legion or get puked on by Plague.

• DeanIcityDeanIcity Member Posts: 155

Thank you! You guys are awesome, I was searching through the forums and couldn't find anyone discussing or acknowledging this. Have a great day!

• EchorionEchorion Member Posts: 2,117
  • BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 7,364
    edited December 2019

Isn't that fine that some maps are darker than others, just like some maps are larger than others? It's just more variety where some maps will be harder or easier for certain killers, survivors, or builds.

Feels like most maps are too bright anyway.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 7,364

I wasn't referring to realism, i was referring to game play.

"but if it's too dark it creates frustrations for both sides."

I don't think this is true at all.

As survivor you have lots of outplay potential through jukes and hiding.

As certain killers like Ghostface it helps you sneak up on people easier.