"Statistically" Miss me with that bullshit. Nurse IS the strongest killer in the game. No other killer can end chases as fast, regardless of what your "statistics" say. The statistics only tell the AVERAGE. Nurse is known to be one of the hardest killers to play.
I give up.
I just have to make that comment but no you are wrong. Any billy can end a chase faster as he doesn't need to hit twice. Imagine some killers can end chases before they even started as for example trapper :D or iri huntress but hey that is all fun and all.
Yeah and the trade off is what? You get to play alot of spirit and such fun stuff like forever freddy. If I have the choice I will always pick to play against prenerf base nurse than any of the other two.
I doubt they will listen and it could be worse like legion but you can try if you want to see other testing i can do that too.
At red ranks billy just easily becomes a loopable m1 killer, if you think he can end chases faster you definetly dont even play killer.
you are speaking right out of my heart.
Yes he becomes that against good survivors sure but red rank doesnt mean good does it?
He has the potential to end chases faster whether you like it or not. Just to clear things up i was obviously kidding ofc a nurse can end a chase fast but on average? I doubt since all bad nurses drag it down so you will have to look at the potential of a killer.
Thats what I was saying. The average doesnt matter here. Were talking about what she can do.
Can is very broad in this context. Yes, a Nurse can end chases quickly but you also have to concede that survivors can extend chases for multiple generator even against a good Nurse.
The question not being asked is, how long should chases last? Whenever you are chasing a survivor, three others are potentially working on generators. Every second devoted to a chase is three seconds removed from the survivor objective. Consider that killers have to win up to 24 chases while survivors have 5 gens which can be worked on in parallel. In red ranks, where this discussion is based, gens in a none ruin match can be completed in 3 to 4 minutes. If gens can be completed this fast, why can't chases?
By that logic you can make the same statement about Leatherface or Billy. "No other killer has an instadown in their kit! Bubba's can even hit multiple survivors!!! OP! NERF! IDC HOW BAD HE IS IN RED RANKS".
If Nurse, the hardest killer in the game ever since she got dropped to 2 blinks and made not 4.6 MS, cannot be used to the same lethal effect in red ranks as she used to with the new addons vs how she was without, then there's a [BAD WORD] issue. No killer should be taken from that high up and be comparable to CLOWN statistically and be about as unfun to play as, as Spirit was to play against.
Assuming her pickrate never changed, she would have had one of the best killrates at around 72%, now she is the 3rd worst killrate killer in the entire game at red ranks. There is an issue with the killer if red rank killers cannot make her work.
So no, I'm not gonna "miss" you with this. She's not the strongest killer anymore. Suck it up and learn that Nurse =/= OP.
We will never have to hear another day of "Nurse OP pls nerf" threads ever again though.
It's the small things.
Yeah, it’s interesting that when survivor only players come to these threads they’re consistently saying “Nurse is still broken OP,” but the threads complaining about her being OP are gone. Something seems...wrong, there somehow...almost as if she’s not broken OP anymore but it’s a good sound bite that got a lot of mileage in the past...
I always laugh when people say "She's still the best killer in the game"
Like yeah no she's not. I don't even need stats to know that. The sheer fact that posts of "nurse is OP' have dried up is proof enough that she's not the best, and nowhere near it.
Even the people still complaining about her recognize that an entire thread about it would be drastic overkill... but hey that's normal for slight changes right
My favorite line that gets way too much mileage for how weak it is is the "blink spam" posts. That [BAD WORD] is good.
Nurse: Moves slower than survivors
Nurse: uses blinks bc that's her only way to move fast
Survivors: BLINK SPAM BLINK SPAM BLINK SPAM.
The year is 2021. A Wraith wanders around looking in vain for a survivor waiting for his half minute cooldown on his invis to come back up, lamenting the nerf that came after people complained he spammed his cloak. In the next trial over Hag wishes she could place a trap but to prevent trap spam she’s only allowed two a minute and she already burned both for this minute.
The year is 2065. Trapper wanders around the ironworks of misery, having to wait 8 more minutes to place his trap at the god window, with a slight tear coming down his face when he remembers that survivors said they were sick of trap spam and now he has to wait 10 minutes in between trap placements.
Pig weeps when she remembers that she crouched 2 minutes ago and that is why she cannot crouch to ambush attack again against the survivor with OoO giving her location away to his teammates. Survivors didn't like her "ambush spam" so BHVR put a timer between each ambush attempt.
The year is 2075. Freddy has just received his spam nerf. He can only put 1 person in the dream world every trial, and they can wake up at any time now.
The year is 2090. Spirit has been given a Nurse style fatigue after her phase walk and the recharge time has been upped to 50 seconds. Survivors can now see where Spirit is while Phasing and Spirit can no longer see scratch marks or hear survivor pain sounds while phasing.
The year is 3030. Huntress has only 1 hatchet that she must throw at the start of the trial. If she misses she is instantly downed, crippled, and loses the match. If she hits someone she is allowed to walk around at 4.2m/s as a reward and can't use her power anymore.
Casual killer mains are hilarious.
"Assuming her pickrate never changed, she would have had one of the best killrates at around 72%, now she is the 3rd worst killrate killer in the entire game at red ranks."
This is because that statistic includes all platforms. Nurse on console is very very difficult to play, and you have a 95% chance to be playing a baby Nurse. On Xbox, I can literally count on 1 hand the number of Nurse's that are good enough to maximize her potential, and let me tell you that 99% of survivors do not stand a chance against them. And the 1% that does only does if they are SWF. I'm friends with 3 of them, and I play Nurse myself very well at red ranks (though I don't consider myself on their level).
Fact is she is still the best killer in the game on console, it's just harder to get that good with her. So all the baby Nurse's bring down the average. Devs have said that if you just look at PC her killrate is comparable to Freddy/Spirit even after the update.
1 thing to keep in mind is with both charge addons she is nearly the old addon less nurse but not exactly still a chunk worse. Most people dont play no addon nurse now because how much worse it is to have no addons vs charge addons thats something also not addressed by statistics.
Even with addons though it still feels bad just not as bad as without though. She really needs to get her base kit reverted you can even remove all addons if you are affraid of nurse + addons then i wouldnt care i just want the base kit back its much more fun to play.
Addons should increase a killers power, not be mandatory to even function.
I wish BHVR realized this. How are they so good and so bad at making a game at the same time? I still think they are extraterrestrials
I know right. You look at some things like Freddy and go "Wow, they are learning!" and then look at stuff like the Nurse rework and go "Oh no, they have so, so much left to learn" all at the same time.
I know thats not what i was trying to say. I was saying that the dev stats dont differentiate between nurses with and without addons. Recharge addons make it look better then it actually is, which is still bad.
I am all for a revert of the basekit nurse needs it.
I was just adding my thoughts onto your post, I knew you were for the base kit changes being reverted. I've given up hope that she'll get fixed before the game dies however.
So today I played quite a good chunk of killer matches (no i didnt put people in the basement). I had the joy of playing nurse on the new map. You know what? I have more fun with any of the other killers even legion is more enjoyable and clown is too.
I believed that changing nurse would lead to more variety in red ranks and overall much healthier gameplay for everyone. Turns out there is even less variety, nothing new is coming for survivors and killers who actually do need help like legion get even more bizarre changes that do nothing.
Correct me if I am wrong but with the stats released prior to the last ones, the horrible bad console nurses were not significant enough in their amount of being played to drag the overall stats for the nurse down, how come this is possible now? Also to me it is simply not fun to play nurse anymore.
Also tell me why there are double standards? How come optimal 4man swf team is fine because most people just do wanna goof around with their friends. Why not treat both the same way? Most nurse are garbage and baby nurses who just wanna do dailies.