Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Kindred new meta for us solo players??

Comments

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 12,613
    edited December 2019

Contradictory inconsistency shouldn't be special.

"Kindred trumps all stealth abilities...except Myers, I guess."

• CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,069

Then you're saying it should show everyone, right? It's an anti-camping perk. Why would it not show the most notorious campers? The entire purpose is to show the other players whether or not it is safe to come for a rescue, and if someone else is already on the way.

I heard about some changes, but in my game Kindred functions as it always has, so I assume it's coming out with the next update. Maybe when they fix the basement bug.

• silverwolf4455silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 495

It's more so that you dont waste time getting off your gen and running to save when someone else is closer. I've had all 3 other survivors come first me on hook so no one was doing gens.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 4,846

I had 2 games with the new Kindred, and I have to say its really op for non-steath Killers. Since you can constantly get info within 9 hooks. While it make Kindred useless to steath Killers (not a problem), and Campers (big problem)

As Killer, I dont tunnel/camp. I feel the new Kindred hurts alot for Killers who dont camp. And Objectives will be done much faster

• premiumRICEpremiumRICE Member Posts: 798

Well, the thumb rule is, you are near you save him as soon as you see/know the killer isnt there, you are far, you stay on gen unless there are big troubles

• DarthRaneDarthRane Member Posts: 198

It's ridiculously good but you know I'm more okay with an information perk than a perm that completely resets all the work I did to get a hook/down 😒 bt, DS, and other such perks.

• snozersnozer Member Posts: 776
    edited December 2019

Should be baseline as this is information swf already have. but they know how stuffed the game will be if they make everyone a 4 man swf so.... keep hiding it devs

• PrettyFaceKatePrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,706

BHVR got too obsessive-compulsive with making everything consistent across the board and they can't see when they break something in the process to appease that fetish for 'consistency'. The most important aspect of Kindred got sacrificed to make Undetectable consistent across Powers and Perks. I'll still run Bond over Kindred.

• silverwolf4455silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 495

But that's not what always happens lol.. I'll be across the map and realise that no one is saving and they go to state 2... feels bad

• premiumRICEpremiumRICE Member Posts: 798

lets say killer is patrolling hard and is like a billy. best thing you can do is rush gens. cause if you go you either trade hook or die both.

I said then, if you see things getting really dirty like 1 hook 1 slug 1 injured you might consider going for the save.

• TheCrookedManTheCrookedMan Member Posts: 282
    edited December 2019

Making things consistent is the exact opposite of breaking, that's basic video game design knowledge. Undetectable killers are supposed to be Undetectable for a reason, and Kindred should not and will not change that.

• TheCrookedManTheCrookedMan Member Posts: 282

No, the purpose of this perk now at the very least is to show who is going for the rescue so the others can keep doing generators, healing, ect.

• ArrowTheGreat11ArrowTheGreat11 Member Posts: 306

It’s a 16 meter distance. If it’s an undetectable killer and they decide to camp that distance then it’s their own fault. It’s not like you can see the killer throughout the entire map while someone is on the hook

• PrettyFaceKatePrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,706

Too simplistic. Consistency isn't a freebee, it comes at a price and it's subjective to a certain extent. If a game mechanic leads to poor results in certain areas and one insists to apply it "consistently" across the board, then they're just expanding those poor results. Exceptions aren't evil when they're supported by good reasons. Undetectable is just a made-up mechanic like everything else. If when applied it leads it causes problems when it meets other game mechanics, then good design actually dictates those interactions are looked at and tweaked.

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 3,007

That too, but since it's about Solo I didn't bother mentioning it. I have been enjoying Kindred and Empathy or After Care.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Yes but your dismissing the idea of kindred basekit without actually addressing the thing that makes it a proposal in the first place

• arslaNarslaN Member Posts: 1,936

I really like the new kindred but I still think they have to make it basekit if they actually want to close the gap between solos and swf.

• Thanatos_xThanatos_x Member Posts: 201

Kindred with full open handed team ez

• aregularplayeraregularplayer Member Posts: 906

It's awesome! BHVR actually did a pretty good job this time! <shocked>

• CakeDutyCakeDuty Member Posts: 907

Thank you Bhvr for making it so solo survivors have to use a perkslot to get on par with SWF instead of making it basekit. Can't wait for the next perk that'll let me know when someone is getting chased. :)

Don't get me wrong, I love the new Kindred. I just hate how "Buff solo survivors to be on par with SWF" is through making solo survivors having to run certain perks. Kindred would have been perfect basekit, it wouldn't give any info that SWF can't give for free, but instead I have to give up 1 of my 4 perk slots to get on par with them.

edited December 2019

It's not that I'm dismissing the idea I straight up think its stupid. No one should have free Information without having first used something for it.

In every game you have played with Solo, Co-Op, PvE, and PVP in it. You can run a generic good stuff build for everything or you can run a specialized build for a specific one. If you say run a good PvE build in PvP you might do well against some people, but against a tuned PvP build you'll lose. While if you run a highly tuned PvP build the opposite is also true. You can still do well, but it's not nearly as optimal as picking a specific purpose for a build and what you need for the trial.

This applies to Solo or SwF. If you run a generic meta build yes you can do well, but most of those builds are generic good stuff. Your sacrificing slots you could devote to something more useful in said scenario like Solo.

So while yes I do think that Solo should get buffed I do believe that if you take a tuned SwF build or Meta build then get crushed because of the lack of information you needed in the trial. Then the issue is actually on you not the game.

Free anything is bad game design.

Except games in general usually give you ally tracking for free for this exact reason.

There's no point in even pretending like this is a legitimate trade off when you have players that will get that info for free regardless of your game design.

Also you have to have some info be free, otherwise you'd need a perk to have anything more than a black screen with no audio. You don't need a perk to get sounds and you don't need a perk to have a working 3rd person camera. You also don't need a perk to see downed Survivors, hooked Survivors, the exit gates, the location of completed generators, status effects ect.

All of these are free info. Perks give you more info and abilities compared to some baseline, but the baseline can be anything and adding to the baseline shouldn't be dismissed like that.

Are you suggesting that we should remove the portraits in the bottom left and remove all notifications and basekit auras? If not then you support giving players free info, you only don't think of it like that because it's always been there, but from an objective point of view that doesn't matter since Kindred could have always been basekit as well.

Well imma end the discussion because apparently you can't be in the wrong. Also the fact you literally said black tv no audio for info made me laugh so much. So taking anything you say seriously till I forget about it makes me think your a joke.

Either way there's a difference between situational information and free information. You should learn the difference.

I.E a bosses HP bar with numbers is free and a boss HP bar without is situational information. Both are useful while one is absolute the other is derived. Get it? Same situation big difference.

Kindred at base is Free information while currently as is for hooks its just situational information. While Kindred would be nice it effectively goes against what the game needs for killers. While nice for survivors because it just states should u do gens or go for the unhook. It basically screws killers over. I mean unless you want killers to struggle further. At that point we may as well petition Behavior to work on AI bots.

• terumisanterumisan Member Posts: 1,293
    edited December 2019

I won't use it. it's kinda useless tbh if your a solo survivor your better off using aftercare to have better coordination it's what I use

Your definition of situational vs free doesn't put the basic information you get from having a camera and audio in the first place as situational.

You defined situational information as information that is derived from something else, but that something else would still be free information. So you still inherently MUST have some level of free information in order to have a game at all (unless you are one of those guys that will do a literally blind speedrun. Believe it or not that's a thing).

And again, you HAVE to balance around Survivors having that information for free at some point because even if they straight up deleted the perk the info would still be there because SWF exists and they will have that info without using a perk slot. So the first step to doing that is to ensure that the rest of the player base also has the info you are about to balance around.

Because that information isnt information it's a requirement to play a game for the majority of the population hense it is absolute and free.

Either way I told you were done. If I could find a way to hide your messages I would your replies are a joke.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 13,581

It's pretty fantastic.

Idk which i'm throwing out yet, but Kindred's going in my main build.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 12,613

No, I'm saying that aura immunity shouldn't have exceptions. That'd be like saying Distortion should work against all aura Killer tools...except for A Nurse's Calling.

If you wanna make it so stealth Killers can still be detected, have Kindred do something else instead of the aura thing. Like make it so it makes different noises as the Killer enters and leaves Kindred range.

• DoultimeDoultime Member Posts: 82

I play exclusively solo que and kindred is hella strong.

List of stuff u get from it from the top of my mind:

Know when is safe to go for rescue

Know what your teammates are doing when u need to the most

Know if killer has bbq/going your direction after hooking

Counter camping effectively

Know which gens are beign repaired and location if not known

And all this whitout talking to strangers you just met best solo perk 10/10 would use everytime