Home Discussions General Discussions

hey devs, i hope youll be consistent with your beliefs and ban people for abusing the basement bug.

Comments

• LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 1,781

I dont think that they ever banned anyone for abusing bugs like this. None of them i reported for abusing bugs was (permanently) banned, as I still got matched against them.

• MissKitty95MissKitty95 Member Posts: 246

pair That with you can’t wiggle and it’s a free kill for the killer no work put in

• SupaSlay3r20SupaSlay3r20 Member Posts: 83

No one should be banned for it since most people don't even know about it. A killer could just be using a basement build just because they want to, without knowing that this is a bug.

• TheCrookedManTheCrookedMan Member Posts: 279

Its an exploit in the game and is really unfair and unenjoyable. If you are aware of this and do it consistently you should be banned

• TheCrookedManTheCrookedMan Member Posts: 279
  • StrodeWinsStrodeWins Member Posts: 274

ive been depiping like crazy because of this bug. i really hope they fix it soon because its even more annoying than the broken window bugs.

• TawnieeeeTawnieeee Member Posts: 32

Yeah, and all of a sudden EVERY killer is working towards this achievement. 🙄

Just like every survivor who exploited SB didn't know, right?

• TawnieeeeTawnieeee Member Posts: 32

In a community where people are proudly toxic, yeah. I'm sure they're aaaalll innocent and the ONLY reason people are hooking in the basement is because of the challenges. 🤡

• LunarFaceLunarFace Member Posts: 44

happened to me like 4 times today

i just let people die in the basement now

no point in saving. dont wanna risk getting hooked there too

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 6,652

If you're on here you know about it and you know that hooking a survivor in the basement locks them out of play. I'm pretty sure it was in the patch notes so everybody knows by now. Now's not the time to do a basement tome bud

• TigerKirby215TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

See I'm inclined to say that you're lying but then I went up against a Trapper with Iron Grasp and Agitation who carried me across the entire map just to hook me in the basement, and then (despite not having the basement bug) no one came to unhook me and I died on first hook cause "oh he's basement bugged there's no reason to save him."

It just pisses me off that it's going to take them like 2 weeks to fix this game breaking issue on top of all the other game-breaking issues that came with this update.

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Basement Tome is out atm too.

• yobudddyobuddd Member Posts: 1,142

There’s also the fact that he’s already proven himself as a bug exploiter, so survivor’s want to stay as far from that part of the map as possible. But yeah, don’t expect a rescue if hooked in basement.

• ASAPTurtleASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

Oh and could we forget the Thanataphobia bug that decreased all of your actions that came with the wake up bug too?

• CrowFoxyCrowFoxy Member Posts: 897
    edited December 2019

You cannot ban players for "abusing it". I had it happen to me, killer knew what was going on tho. A load of dbd's playerbase doesn't engage with the community, and have no idea about an exploit. Same with mend bug, some people had no idea those add ons were busted. It is NOT an exploit to use an add on, the devs handled something that was their fault awfully.

• ruler33ruler33 Member Posts: 242

i actually had no idea if im being honest and now i feel bad because like the last match i played i hook everyone in the basement but does it only do this sometimes because they still played like a regular player.

• Keene_KillsKeene_Kills Member Posts: 649

The odds of getting a basement hook right now are actually the highest I've ever witnessed them. You've got multiple challenges in Tome 1 demanding not one, but multiple basement hooks. I've faced this glitch no less than a dozen times over the past few days, each time from a person running an obvious basement build, many times bypassing one and even two outside hooks to drop me in the basement.

Now, was every one of them doing it maliciously? I don't think so; not at all. Are some? Sure, there always are when a game-breaker bug like this pops up. It's just the perfect storm of Tome challenges requiring the use of the very thing that is bugged. Pretty good job so far 👌

And the D/C system change incoming today is going to make this an absolute cluster-kcuf disaster unless this bug is hot-fixed before it drops or at least postponed until they can fix it, because with several instances I couldn't even die on hook or by EGC so a D/C is the ONLY exit.

• Thanatos_xThanatos_x Member Posts: 200

How could you ban for using the basement bug? Sure it's annoying but what are they gonna say? "Hey guys don't hook people in the basement until we fix our game, we know it's very convenient at times and we know that you have challenges that have to do with the basement but just don't do it ok pls" I wish people that abused it could get some sort of punishment for it too but I don't think that's even an option. At best survivors that get basement hooked in a game should get the pip back that they lost (If they even depipped at all)

• SairekSairek Member Posts: 4,825

It doesn't happen every time.

My best guess for why it happens is that there's a desyncing issue with the survivor's client when they get hooked in the basement and they fall through the map on their screen for some reason despite being where they should in the actual world itself.

There have been reports of the killer picking them up again or being hooked again that it resyncs them and fixes the problem, but it's very rare. For the most part, once the bug happens, you're generally [BAD WORD].

• meatisadelicacymeatisadelicacy Member Posts: 617

It's coming into play in almost every game I play. Escapes are suddenly much harder (except of course for the Blendettes who don't even plan on playing). I'm incredibly frustrated and hope they give us some extra time on the rift challenges because this is destroying games for survivors. But hey, killers are sure happy.

• FrekiFreki Member Posts: 479

I'm sorry the bug exists, but let me explain to you a few things:

1) it's been said many times you would have to catch them somehow saying that they were abusing this bug and then you would have to take said evidence via ticket to bhvr and that would get them a ban or a time out or something.

2) if you don't want to risk it don't be in the basement, and before you say you can't stop being in the basement yes you can, don't GO INTO it what so ever, if the killer takes you there well it happens but the bug is not 100%.

3) there is no way to know who is going to get the bug until it happens so you can't say they are intentionally getting the bug.

4) it apparently causes the game to struggle for you when this happens. so if it's your second hook you have to wait the struggle out.

5) a bug like this may not be noticed by testing as it was NOT reported during the PTB because it may not happen every time. this means that yes a DLC is released and an interaction causing this was not anticipated. ALSO you might notice that with the patch came a perk that would have returned legion to it's old self BUT they removed deep wounds from being dependent on the killer's terror radius to being dependent on the character SPRINTING(running). so you might realize that they ARE a) listening and b) actively trying to not muck things up with new things being added in.

6) threads like this always devolve into he-said, she-said and us vs. them mentalities. stop accusing people of things you have no proof what so ever or knowledge of what is happening.

• goat10emgoat10em Member Posts: 750

This is about as logical as saying survivors who finish gens and escape after the killer is stuck on a generator should be banned. This game introduces a new glitch every week. If they started banning for this type of stuff nobody would be left playing.

• malloymkmalloymk Member Posts: 592

Lol. I was winning plenty of games as killer with the wake up bug. Sounds like a personal problem for you. These two bugs are not even comparable. One hurts your chances at winning, the other makes it where the game is literally unplayable. Please play both sides consistently to get a better perspective or at the very least don't be dense or play dumb and try to act like these are similar issues.

• starkiller1286starkiller1286 Member Posts: 639

I wasn't playeing the game during that time so it wasn't a "personal problem" and yet again my intention was not comparing the two but to state that survivors got benifitial bugs as well. I never argued that they are similar or that having one that makes the game unplayable and another which relies on a specific perk being selected had the same impact. Please don't assume my stance. If someone says X bug would be fixed "immediately"on Y role and imply that their role has intentionally slower bug fixes I will give examples proving otherwise.

• FrekiFreki Member Posts: 479
  • VaoVao Member Posts: 24

So because I got a basement hook without knowing the bug I'm an exploiter? How are people who just play the game supposed to know? This isn't an exploit and it's not the fault of the people who "use it". Cool your entitlement buddy. It sucks but we'll just have to deal with it.