Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Am I the only one seeing a severe lack of Oni's?

Red rank PS4 player here. I've played many matches as survivor since Oni's release yesterday, and only faced him about four times. The rest of the games have been Trapper, Michael, Spirit, Billy, Bubba, Pig to name a few.

I thought there was a lack of Demogorgon when he came out, but its even worse with Oni. Is this just me not seeing much of him?

Comments

• PistolTimbPistolTimb Member Posts: 1,414

Agreed. Red rank survivor as well and haven't seen him once. I play him all the time. But I haven't been able to find a single match tonight, killer or survivor.

• Jholla31Jholla31 Member Posts: 247

Red rank killer and survivor PS4 here.

Oni is harder to control on console. I played 3 games with him on release with tier 1 perks and no addons. The first game I only got like two hooks because I couldn't control his dash at all. By the third game I got a 2k but still had issues figuring out the best way to control it.

I've mostly played survivor since release just for archive challenges, and I think I've only seen one Oni in about 20 survivor matches. Probably because people are giving up after only playing a few matches with him.

• KralleKralle Member Posts: 121

In every second game I see Oni. I am playing on pc in purple ranks currently.

But well, cant wait to see a mix of different killers already.

• hocruxhocrux Member Posts: 212

Am i the only one who's here to see of anyone flame him for using severe incorrectly? (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

• humanbeing1704humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 6,644

didn't buy him felt like a console nurse 2.0 situation just extremely hard for console

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 3,798

I'm starting to regret being the sort of person who wants to have all teachables unlocked. With he and Yui on both sides, that's just 9 bloodwebs I'm never getting back.

• humanbeing1704humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 6,644

The only yui perk I'll actually use is breakout any means necessary is a meme perk and lucky break seems pointless without iron will

Severe, i'm pretty sure it is use to represent/signify something grave/immediate/of upmost importance.

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 3,781

I see more onis than demogorgons when the chapter was new. I maybe saw 1-2 demogorgons in 1 entire week of playing. Idk whats wrong in the last few months but it seems that the most of the ppl dont wants to play the new killer xD

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,343

The screenshot supports my point, so I'm glad we're on the same page about it now.

• PhoxPhox Member Posts: 206

I played a few rounds as him on PS4 last night, and against him several rounds yesterday morning but I’m not seeing him anymore either.

I think there will be about as many console oni mains as there are console nurse mains. He has great mobility with his power and not much else. No flick to shut down loops and not enough sensitivity to hit anyone unless they run in a straight line.

Feels bad.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,343
    edited December 2019

The sarcasm and rudeness is unappreciated and unnecessary. There's no need to be like that over grammar. I don't mind if you believe me or not, but if you don't you can look up the term and see for yourself instead of insulting me.

(EDIT: For anyone wondering what I'm going on about, the comment I was responding to was removed)

Post edited by Fibijean on

You're right, i'm wrong. I apologise, there, hope that's closure for you. Rather not spam (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

• voodoo246voodoo246 Member Posts: 7

in my opinion, you won't see to much Oni's at red (except if they reach red with other killer) because.

1 Oni is slow like demogorgon, and at some ranks, you won't hit a good surv because Oni's power is not good at palet zones or jungle, then you loose the power.

2 Oni is hard in open maps in a closed map sucks (3 of my 6 games where in hospital and demo's map)

3 at red ranks, when you activate your power, all surv will be hidden, and you can run the entire map without see anyone till your power deactivate

4 when your power is activated, and want to hit, the camera is so confusing and is difficult to see anything. the most times I hit a surv while running almost can't see him

I love Oni, but I don't see him like a red rank killer (and due to cry's I'm sure devs will nerf him again)

ps: sorry for my English, hope you understand

• toxicmeggtoxicmegg Member Posts: 662

I played survivor all day yesterday on ps4 and got only one Oni. I haven't even got the new map yet

• dont_ask_me_againdont_ask_me_again Member Posts: 490
    edited December 2019

They’re using severe correctly... where you say “Severe, i'm pretty sure it is use to represent/signify something grave/immediate/of upmost importance.“

Etymology:

severe (adj.)

1540s, from Middle French severe (12c., Modern French sévère) or directly from Latin severus "serious, grave, strict, austere," which is probably from PIE root *segh- "to have, hold," on the notion of "steadfastness, toughness." From 1660s with reference to styles or tastes; from 1725 of diseases.

...It has nothing to do with importance necessarily at the core but a quality possessing sturdiness in concept.

Post edited by Rizzo90 on

Read my earlier post before you butt in next time sherlock

• AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 1,737

You don't see him for the same reason why you don't often see the crapper and Leatherkek. Because he's basically a M1 killer with a big, directional terror radius.

• beck__beck__ Member Posts: 24

Seems most who bought him on ps4 are giving up on him. Hes difficult to control, although when you master his drifting in sprint it becomes more fun and better.

His main control issues are around his demon strike, using it out of sprint or walking when trying to turn and hit is very difficult. I know they nerfed his turning speed whilst striking but feels ps4 sensitivity is not enough to do it effectively. I am using max sensitivity and it doesn't seem to be able to hit someone who rounds a corner.

Devs have spoken about increasing sensitivity on console so hopefully this comes sooner rather then later.

• DelsKibaraDelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

The only Oni I saw was standing on a hill.

Menacingly. While swinging his sword.

• dont_ask_me_againdont_ask_me_again Member Posts: 490

Someone’s having a bad day? They’re not delusional and you butt in on them just as much... what’s your problem?

Just say my bad and move on.