Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Kicking Generators

I believe that kicking a generator would cause a small amount of damage to the progress of the generator and initiate the regression progress. This is no longer the case (at least on PS4) as there is no longer a small amount of damage applied and instead only initiates the regression. I didn't see this change in the patch notes but I assume that it was implemented with the addition of pop goes the weasel. Can anyone clarify this?

Comments

• AmorePrincessAmorePrincess Member Posts: 220
    Kicking gens should do more. And I kinda think that if you are working on a gen and leave it for whatever reason, it should have some sort of small regression for as long as nobody is on it. It slowly goes back down, and ofc, goes back faster if it is kicked.
    That way, even if you tap it in a chase, the progress will keep going down until someone stays by the gen. That also prevents the whole 99% all the gens and then pop them, because you cant just leave them alone.

I just really think that there should be more power to kicking a gen, because it is silly how little effect it has atm.
  • JackardJackard Member Posts: 47
    So, the kick never caused a small amount of static damage? I could have sworn that it did...
  • TwixTwix Member Posts: 235
    Kicking gens should do more. And I kinda think that if you are working on a gen and leave it for whatever reason, it should have some sort of small regression for as long as nobody is on it. It slowly goes back down, and ofc, goes back faster if it is kicked.
    That way, even if you tap it in a chase, the progress will keep going down until someone stays by the gen. That also prevents the whole 99% all the gens and then pop them, because you cant just leave them alone.

I just really think that there should be more power to kicking a gen, because it is silly how little effect it has atm.
    No. Maybe it should regress like 3% max, not anymore than that, because it would severely hurt soloq survivors who have little to no coordination.
  • EninyaEninya Member Posts: 1,257
    edited August 2018

@Jackard said:
    So, the kick never caused a small amount of static damage? I could have sworn that it did...

Overcharge kind of does this, and failing the skill check is a huge regression and alert to the killer. For non-Ruin time-wasting perks, Overcharge 3 is one of--if not--the best, imo.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,200

@Jackard said:
    I believe that kicking a generator would cause a small amount of damage to the progress of the generator and initiate the regression progress. This is no longer the case (at least on PS4) as there is no longer a small amount of damage applied and instead only initiates the regression. I didn't see this change in the patch notes but I assume that it was implemented with the addition of pop goes the weasel. Can anyone clarify this?

I agree, kicking is way too weak and it would be an easy band aid fix till they add secondary objectives.
    btw, balance stuff like this is the same on all platforms.

Yes pop the weasel actually has some instant regression, but the problem is that there are already too many mandatory perks for killers to counterbalance flawed map design and genrush so you dont have enough perk slots

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 11,631

@Delfador said:
    I don't know the old times but I don't remember kicking a generator had a damage to the progress before.

%5 regression wouldn't be bad tbh. It would prevent survivors tapping the gen in mid chase.

But... that would actually stop survivors from tapping the gen.
    I really don´t understand why the killer animation to damage a gen takes several seconds, when the survivors can stop this by just tapping the gen. Makes no sense at all.