Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
FORUM MAINTENANCE

On Wednesday 7th December 2022, from 1.30pm the forum will be down for maintenance, this can take up to 3 hours to complete. We apologise for any inconvenience this will cause.

This Event sucks for killers

Comments

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 13,239

@Watermelon said:
    Oh no, survivors are good at something ,we must nerf it!!

Not sure how i should take this comment. Because being good at ruin someone elses fun isn´t exactly something to be proud of.

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Tsulan said:
    My proposal for the next event: make every gen and hook special. So people can play normal instead of being forced to take 3 perks they usually wouldn't equip.

Hooks shouldn't be subject to sabotage sabotage during events ever. I'm not sure how to make gens special since the killer still needs to damage them for bp and to slow progression some. Perhaps make all gens by default special or add special totems that can be done as well or in lieu of gens.

@powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:
    My proposal for the next event: make every gen and hook special. So people can play normal instead of being forced to take 3 perks they usually wouldn't equip.

Hooks shouldn't be subject to sabotage sabotage during events ever. I'm not sure how to make gens special since the killer still needs to damage them for bp and to slow progression some. Perhaps make all gens by default special or add special totems that can be done as well or in lieu of gens.

That´s what i said.

• RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,258

@mintchapstick said:
    Yeah, okay. Sure.

I installed the game again to play in the event as a survivor and I sacrificed myself to killers by literally stopping under a BBQ hook and pointing at it for them, and they repaid me by patrolling event gens, using overcharge on them, using ruin, and being all around ######### even after my sacrifice.

So cool whatever, I guess it's another situation where killers are just sweet innocent players being griefed & never do anything scummy.

Oh, the killer didn't throw away his perks during the game? What a #########...

• LaakeriLaakeri Member Posts: 835
    edited August 2018

"Just equip these 10 perks to counter the gen rush while still being able to apply pressure and carry people across the map to event hooks"

/s

Yeah devs got our feedback from previous event and nothing changed (surprise). Event was easy peasy for survivors, but its really rough seas for killers out there.

@Tsulan said:

@powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

I understand that you are pissed because I destroyed you in the other thread. But THIS is your best comeback?
    Sure honey, people equipping DS and Sabotage in the lobby is clearly caused by my unique and recognizable ping.

Try again. You can do better than that, can you?

Don't kid yourself you didn't destroy me in the least and you know it since I posted exactly what was said. I then posted what you posted to prove I never said what you said I did. I also used the exact same logic you did to insult me and guess what you didn't like it go figure. So the only person you destroyed in that other thread is yourself.

Since we're on the try again category why not try reading what was posted versus what you said i posted then you' won't destroy yourself again. You can do better than to so blatantly post stuff that wasn't true for ocne can't you?

I didn´t destroy you. But you sure feel the need to go after me in several threads because you are superior...
    Sure mate. Whatever you say.

Remember i said i don´t want to start a fight over this.
    Consider this a peace offer.

Ignore that response I already had responded to you in the other thread and had come back to edit this one you just posted about lol.

@Tsulan said:

@powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

That´s what i said.

I was simply agreeing with you but also adding to what you said. I'd posted something similar in another thread by a different poster.

• EasylifeEasylife Member Posts: 163

Hillbilly

Hang Man's Trick - Iron Grasp - Agitation - Ruin

Had enough survivor chops for the hammer in somewhere between 2-3 hours, it was easy.
    Although I did have a BBQ offering every game on top of the default 2 you start with.
    90 Generators seems like the more long winded task to me especially considering the reward for Kate is a bit weak.
    You're going to get event generator campers and event hook saboteurs/blockers on both sides of the coin in an event like this but with the right perks and some patience it's still not a problem and imo a lot of fun.

Only a few weeks until Chapter 9 in September now too :)

@Easylife said:
    Hillbilly

Hang Man's Trick - Iron Grasp - Agitation - Ruin

Had enough survivor chops for the hammer in somewhere between 2-3 hours, it was easy.
    Although I did have a BBQ offering every game on top of the default 2 you start with.
    90 Generators seems like the more long winded task to me especially considering the reward for Kate is a bit weak.
    You're going to get event generator campers and event hook saboteurs/blockers on both sides of the coin in an event like this but with the right perks and some patience it's still not a problem and imo a lot of fun.

Only a few weeks until Chapter 9 in September now too :)

Difference is, you don´t have to do all gens personally. As long as you are on the map while someone else repairs them. You get the point. So the 90 gens get probably repaired faster than the 50 hooks, which are on the other side of the map.

I use the same 3 perks. But it´s ridiculous to waste 3 perks a killer usually wouldn´t use, just to have a chance to get the event points.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,200

@Tsulan said:
    Killers predicted that it´s going to be the same as Howling Grounds and SURPRISE! It´s exactly as Howling Grounds!

Survivors sabotaging and blocking the special hooks, which are surprisingly always at the other end of the map. Unless i equip Agitation and Iron Grip, most of the survivors will wiggle free, when i try to hook them a mile away from where i downed them.

I understand every killer who camps the event gens. I don´t camp neither the gens, nor the hooked survivors. I still get body blocked and sabotaged. Oh and 3-4 DS really bring a lot of joy for the killer!

Haven´t the devs learned from Howling Grounds? Do you really think this is an enjoyable experience for everyone?
    Or is it (again) only about the survivors fun?

Of course its exactly the same.
    Its a reskin of an old event and the community hasnt changed at all.

ONe thing I dont understand is, how can you camp the event gens? From my experience it is impossible to camp several targets, the survivors can simpyl switch the event gen and pop another one in a fwe scond while you "camp" another gen. Of course there are some dumb players who ignore the killer and continue to sit on the gen, being grabed etc..... but well :lol:

@Master said:

@Tsulan said:
    Killers predicted that it´s going to be the same as Howling Grounds and SURPRISE! It´s exactly as Howling Grounds!

Survivors sabotaging and blocking the special hooks, which are surprisingly always at the other end of the map. Unless i equip Agitation and Iron Grip, most of the survivors will wiggle free, when i try to hook them a mile away from where i downed them.

I understand every killer who camps the event gens. I don´t camp neither the gens, nor the hooked survivors. I still get body blocked and sabotaged. Oh and 3-4 DS really bring a lot of joy for the killer!

Haven´t the devs learned from Howling Grounds? Do you really think this is an enjoyable experience for everyone?

ONe thing I dont understand is, how can you camp the event gens? From my experience it is impossible to camp several targets, the survivors can simpyl switch the event gen and pop another one in a fwe scond while you "camp" another gen. Of course there are some dumb players who ignore the killer and continue to sit on the gen, being grabed etc..... but well :lol:

I had some strange survivors which would do normal gens instead of the special ones. Even despite some of their teammates made offerings. For example the last 3 gens were 2 special and they did the normal one.
    I even went back several times to the normal gen, so they would do the special ones instead. But once i started chasing someone, the others completed that gen.

Felt REALLY strange. One argued that he already had the cosmetic unlocked. But trolling your team because of that?

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,200

@Tsulan said:

@Master said:

@Tsulan said:

I had some strange survivors which would do normal gens instead of the special ones. Even despite some of their teammates made offerings. For example the last 3 gens were 2 special and they did the normal one.
    I even went back several times to the normal gen, so they would do the special ones instead. But once i started chasing someone, the others completed that gen.

Felt REALLY strange. One argued that he already had the cosmetic unlocked. But trolling your team because of that?

Well when you didnt throw in an offering by your own, then you dont get extra BP from the event gens. That means, that if you already got the skin, there is literally no point doing the event gens.

In fact, its rlly clever not to do them, because the killer will patrol event gens more frequently than normal ones.

When I am done with my survivor skin, I will only care about event gens for the BP and you only get them if you used the offering. Not doing those gens can hardly be considered trolling^^

• FoggyWeather_FoggyWeather_ Member Posts: 163

I did all 50 chops during one session (as long as I could be in PS4) and I didn't meet any people with sabo.
    I did 8 chops with Pig (BBQ and Chilli, Nurse's Calling, Hangman's Trick and Iron Grasp) and 42 with Freddy (No One Escapes Death (For Meme purposes (when survivors where chilling at the exit)), Iron Grasp, Nurse's Calling and Monitor and Abuse).
    I noticed with Freddy that many survivors tried to bodyblock the hook but I hooked them like it was nothing.
    The only change that I noticed was that more people brought the DS with them even if it was at tier 1.

@Master said:

@Tsulan said:

@Master said:

@Tsulan said:

Well when you didnt throw in an offering by your own, then you dont get extra BP from the event gens. That means, that if you already got the skin, there is literally no point doing the event gens.

In fact, its rlly clever not to do them, because the killer will patrol event gens more frequently than normal ones.

When I am done with my survivor skin, I will only care about event gens for the BP and you only get them if you used the offering. Not doing those gens can hardly be considered trolling^^

When a killer camps the event gens, i agree. But i wasn´t camping them and really wondered why they ignored them, when their teammates obviously needed them. Ok trolling might have been the wrong word. But after 2 offerings, i´d say it´s not exactly a nice thing to do the normal gens on purpose.

I've already gotten the Kate thing but I don't own her still rip. I still have like 45 or so offering on 1 survivor and throw them out to help others get bp as well as event stuff. I don't need it the gens but I want others to get some stuff too and I'll offer myself for the bbq hook if killer is cool.

I'll do killer side eventually and try and do same thing there. as well.

• FengminniFengminni Member Posts: 99
    Tsulan said:

Lmao I have collected all of the tokens of the event. Have played so many games since the start of the event and I have never seen survivors sabotaging the special hooks nor bodyblocking them. Sometimes I think main killers just make up ######### to be salty 

@Fengminni said:
    Tsulan said:

Lmao I have collected all of the tokens of the event. Have played so many games since the start of the event and I have never seen survivors sabotaging the special hooks nor bodyblocking them. Sometimes I think main killers just make up ######### to be salty 

That´s nice for you, that you haven´t had the pleasure of encountering those kind of survivors.
    But i´m not a killer main tho.

• WINTERSWINTERS Member Posts: 127
    As survivor, I had killers at rank 15 bringing in ultra rare items like instadown hatchets and unlimited evil within 3. And as killer, I only had two survivors at rank 5 attempt to break one hook but failed. It's a lot of people not just one side or the other. It sucks though. I don't want that shirt anyways  :'(
  • PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 6,889
    Maybe I'm in the minority, but I haven't had such bad luck. I've made progress in all my games so far, and I've only seen one or two people try to sabotage.

It's a two way street though. There's also killers out there hard camping the event generators just so nobody can get points.
  • fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Peanits said:
    Maybe I'm in the minority, but I haven't had such bad luck. I've made progress in all my games so far, and I've only seen one or two people try to sabotage.

It's a two way street though. There's also killers out there hard camping the event generators just so nobody can get points.

I'm the same way. I played both sides I'm 71 towards the survivor goal and over a 22 towards the killer goal in 6 hours total of game play. It's not that bad. I have seen the instant down hatchets, ebony mori's and unlimited evil within also but no reason to let that ruin the event.

@Peanits said:

It´s really random. I had 10 matches as killer.

• 2x connection issues which kicked me out of the game
    • 5x gen rushers
    • 3x last second switch to 3-4x toolbox with sabotage
    • 1x really nice survivors which didn´t struggle
    • hook blocking in 9 matches
    • 0 flashlights (#########?)
    • half of the matches contained between 3 and 4 DS
  • FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,599

Event or no event - you should always go in expecting the other team to show no mercy.

So why should you show mercy?

@Tsulan said:

• 5x gen rushers

Damn that sucks!

@fcc2014 said:

@Tsulan said:

• 5x gen rushers

Damn that sucks!

I should play the lottery!

edited August 2018

@FrenziedRoach said:
    Event or no event - you should always go in expecting the other team to show no mercy.

So why should you show mercy?

It´s not about mercy (although i show mercy if the survivors really suck and i get several hooks before they get their first gen). But about how hard it is to reach the BBQ hooks in comparison of the normal hooks. How the killer is forced to change his playstyle (loadout) in order to get hooks, while the survivors can play normal and even benefit from the event.

@Tsulan said:

Damn that sucks!

I ran into several different swf groups with the classic 3 in the red ranks and 1 at 20. Those groups were some what an issue, but i didn't encounter what you have. Sorry hope it gets better.

• Dwight_ConfusionDwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

I'm rank 1 on console, and I crush people. The only chance they have at the moment is if they are all 4 SWF tryhard millennial trash and bring instant heals. and all run borrowed time.

Like what is the problem? People hook rushing? Do I just leave the hook on purpose? Do I let people get drunk at gens?

Nope. Adapt. you're not entitled to survive.

@fcc2014 said:

@Tsulan said:

Damn that sucks!

I ran into several different swf groups with the classic 3 in the red ranks and 1 at 20. Those groups were some what an issue, but i didn't encounter what you have. Sorry hope it gets better.

There groups are really common. I don´t even bother naming them, since rank 1 loopers are easily recognizable.

• Wicked_DjangoWicked_Django Member Posts: 128
    This has not been my experience. I got the pain hammer in about 3 hours. Run Iron Grasp