Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Q&A: Chapter 14 and 3.4.0

Comments

• HeroiqHeroiq Member Posts: 1,134

a question about the new ban system that is about to get implemented:

Will the new ban system punish the people who end up not loading into the match? (in another word. the match gets cancelled before the players even load into the map because of them)

• Kev19915Kev19915 Member Posts: 110
    edited December 2019

While I understand why you didn’t add the event skins for free and I do appreciate the free cosmetics you did give us. Would you guys consider adding the previous event skins to the store similar to what you did with the blight/moonrise events, or put them in the rift, or in a future event? This is coming from someone who does own 2/4 event cosmetics. Thank you very much!

Post edited by Kev19915 on
  • CashelP14CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,537

Are all killer perks created to work with that killers ability? Some perks just don't work well with the killer they've been added with.

• TelliFuryTelliFury Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2019

Question: Why are perks not tested more before changing them? It seems like every time a perk is nerfed it never gets the correct amount of time dedicated to seeing the affect the change has. For example, balanced landing. Why wasn’t it originally tested that balanced landing works as intended when not exhausted but when exhausted you only get 50% or 75% stagger reduction. The effect stagger has on a survivor is pretty strong, it would be nice to see perks being given other looks/tests before nerfing them to oblivion. And if this was considered, I think sharing that information beforehand would be nice so it feels like a more fair approach to a nerf. And would possibly help with implementing changes in the future.

• VaoVao Member Posts: 25

Is it possible to give the Oni's turning ability at the end of his demon strike a bit of a buff on console? Unlike the nurse where you can't really change anything to make her playable with a controller, you can change something with the Oni. Right now he's one of the weaker killers because it's difficult to get hits with the little to no turning ability.

• FreudentraumaFreudentrauma Member Posts: 1,050

Now with the necessary changes to Balanced Landing, it has returned to it's very situational/map dependend high risk low reward state compared to other exhaustion perks. Do you plan to adjust maps, to make the perk usable on every map?

• T2KT2K Member Posts: 637

Why is the name of the new survivor Yui Kimura but in the adept trophy and perk description she is called Yui Enatsu? At least in the german language version.

• ahmedgahmedg Member Posts: 1

Who is the oni

• TromanTroman Member Posts: 264

Solo survivors die way too often. Apart from buffing Kindred, what other changes do you plan to buff solo?

• RattmanRattman Member Posts: 1,194
    edited December 2019

Don't get me wrong, this question isn't meant to insult anyone whatsoever. Just genuinely curious. With release of Spirit there were a bunch of haters, some angry feminists and sjw warriors. Some players viewed Rin's death as way too cruel and horrifying. Others said that her desigh and appearance is vulgar. Feminist stuff, y'know.

That was huge wave of hate for these forums for sure.

Yui Kimura, from the other hand, represent the social warrior type, the activist, who fights for women rights. And both of these dlc are connected via Yamaoka Family.

Question is: Is this intended?

• BluePharohBluePharoh Member Posts: 13

Are you gonna work more on the legion? These new changes are terrible for mains of them (such as myself). All we want are some real substantial buffs. Not some small number adjustments and a couple nerfs, actual buffs

• sensualsatansensualsatan Member Posts: 92

Will you be making the lighting on Sanctum of Wrath brighter in order to keep people from hiding to hold the game hostage?

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Why does the Oni's power have a build in Drain condition while in Demon form. I'm referring to losing a portion of your power when downing a Survivor. This question also applies to the drain occurring on picking up a Survivor in the PTB.

Why does that drain exist in any form at all as opposed to not existing?

• PotarusPotarus Member Posts: 2

The oni character wise, power wise, and game play wise, feels like the most fleshed out character you've ever released. What, if anything, was different about his development? Did you have him in the works for longer than most other killers? Was there some new talent on the team who participated? Some new methodology perhaps?

I'm excited to see what you will put out next.

• TheDarkWallTheDarkWall Member Posts: 126
    edited December 2019

So, as it stands now the oni is considerably less powerful on console compared to PC. This is due to the fact that he lacks the same functionality as his pc counterpart in attacking out of demon dash. The Arc you can turn with on the console version is roughly 45 degrees on either side from the direction you are facing when you initiate the attack. However, as the clip below shows, on pc the character can hit in almost any direction. He actually turns around and then turns back before he's locked in for the attack.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BetterAntediluvianCocoaPMSTwin

Due to the nature of a controller, I feel just giving higher sensitivity options would cause issues in the other direction of not being able to fine tune the aiming when you need to. I was thinking perhaps being able to click the right stick to amp up the sensitivity in key moments may be a good fix. I really like this character, but it is frustrating for all intents and purposes playing a heavily nerfed version of him.

"https://clips.twitch.tv/BetterAntediluvianCocoaPMSTwin"

So the question is obviously, what if anything is planned to be done about this?

• DipDip Member Posts: 24

Are there any perks for killer or survivor that makes the frequency of blood orbs spawn more or less? Like sloppy butcher or no mither, that change the bleeding rates? or is it purely static?

• SlysJoreSlysJore Member Posts: 15
    edited December 2019

its The Oni Spirits Brother? The Oni is really great! I love your work. Will there be other generator designs on each map? And new Menus? A Japanese generator would be cool.

• JacksansyboyJacksansyboy Member Posts: 174

Was Oni's terror radius meant to be so quiet? His heartbeat seems quiet enough to get alot closer than a normal killer could, and monitor and abuse accents this. Is it a bug, or was Oni meant to be a combination of stealth and brute force?

• HaraakHaraak Member Posts: 108

What's your philosophy when deciding the new killers that you are bringing on??

• FancyMrBFancyMrB Member Posts: 1,228

There was a lot of uproar with Tome 3 being too difficult. The changes the dev made were reasonable and seemed to make people happy, however I personally enjoy very difficult/ grindy challenges and I know I'm not the only one.

Would the devs consider creating a extra ultra challenging Tome for those who are into that kind of thing?

It could be optional and not tied to lore or the rift. Maybe upon completion a unique charm is given? Or maybe just extra shards/ blood points?

• UnironicalygothUnironicalygoth Member Posts: 175

When will the Xbox patch come out?

• EclipseDarkstarEclipseDarkstar Member Posts: 47

I've noticed a trend for the last few DLCs that the survivor perks are on average much more powerful and useful than the killer perks for the chapter. Is this intentional, and if so, why? Pardon my phrasing, but it looks to me like you're almost intimidated to give killers more truly strong perks.

• CakeDutyCakeDuty Member Posts: 908

Hey devs!

Thanks for the amazing new chapter. The Oni is really fun to play as and Yui is a cutie.

My question is: You said you'd try to buff solo survivors to SWF level. With the new Kindred buff you definitely have taken a big step towards that but, why not just make it basekit? Back when you said you'd buff solos we all thought you'd be putting more stuff in our basekit, not make us spend a perk slot to get on par with SWF groups. How come you chose to do that instead of putting Kindred in our basekit?

• Mudzkip1221Mudzkip1221 Member Posts: 5

Since you released many exclusives to everyone, what's going to happen with certain other exclusives, such as Dwight's Bloodletting shirt, Nea's Dia tank top, etc.?

• JinXTonicJinXTonic Member Posts: 1

Will sensitivity will be adjusted on console soon? I feel that with the increase in chapters, some of the base settings should get adjustments and changes, even more so that Cursed Legacy has been released.