Home Discussions General Discussions

Survivor queues are too long

2»

Comments

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Means no one in your area wants to be a Killer.

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 2,302

You're both right.

Queue times vary depending on rank, region, day of the week, and time of day. In my region on PS4, when kids are in school, survivor is usually the quicker queue. When kids are home from school, killer is usually the quicker queue.

• BunnyTheHuttBunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,698

That's just dumb. you're literally saying "don't play the game."

As for OP, it's probably because of Regine, time, and closest server all combined. I haven't gotten many games where I am because of the time, so I would just try again later.

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 1,824

@Eleghost

Well I find always instant lobbys or within 1-2min as Killer on PC.

• DarthRaneDarthRane Member Posts: 198

Slightly off topic but related, has anyone on console, or even PC, been getting a lot of failed to join check your mat setting errors since the update(as aurvivir/) cause since the update on top of long times just queing for a killer I'm constantly getting the check your mat settings error how to making it take even longer.

I'd say I'm AVERAGING 15 minute waits right now regardless of time of day as survivor for myself.

Yes! I'm suddenly getting those a ton again. It became impossible for me to get a survivor match and I just gave up.

• DarthRaneDarthRane Member Posts: 198

Okay had to make sure, it's making it a chore and a half for me to knock out my last for archives for survivors on this tome

Ditto. I have three challenges left, and two are the flashlight blind challenges. I'm having an impossible time of it.

• rd_dexrd_dex Member Posts: 215
    edited December 2019

Instant games as killer rank 4, 7 minutes average rank 1 survivor at any time West EU (PC). Nerfing of killers that actually can do something in red ranks is a big reason for this, along with stress that comes with playing killer and nobody plays games to get stressed out quite the opposite. I'm done with playing killer for fun as it's impossible and only really play killer when i need BP.

• manzarimanzari Member Posts: 48
    edited December 2019

Same issue but on PC.

I find killer games instantly (rank 2) but it takes between 5-10 minutes to find survivor games (rank 1) and I also have another issue that's only popular in my region where sometimes (2 out of 5 times) I get stuck in the loading screen before it brings me to the final lobby, imagine waiting 10 minutes only to get stuck in loading then restarting the game, then waiting 10 more minutes. I remember when I had problems with killer queues before Stranger Things chapter, now it's the other way around. now personally I don't care for killer. I only play it for the reason u do. because it's queues are fast. seriously devs, I'm asking u, is this a more important matter to look into or cosmetics and new DLCs?

EU servers btw.

• Tr0gTr0g Member Posts: 241
    edited December 2019

Buff killers so people actually want to play them. Game is so survivor-sided that, despite only needing 1/5 people to play killers, thereis still a shortage of killers. Why? Because SWF with voice chat bully the crap out of killers and make it nearly impossible to win without a mori. You get teabagged and taunted all the time and if you dare to get 1 kill you will get toxic messages from survivors. Obviously this makes the experience for the killer not enjoyable to say the least.

Also: survivors can make tons of mistakes and escape. If a killer makes 1 mistake against a coordinated team it's game over for him.

Buff killers and your queue times will go down.

As a killer I have no queue times. When I press ready I instantly get a lobby with 4 people. Usually a much better rank than me too, making my game experience as a killer even worse. This is on PS4

This is basically every matchup for me as killer on PS4, a 4-man SWF group with much better ranks:

• I_Face_CampI_Face_Camp Member Posts: 244

I agree escaping for survivors needs to be a rarer occurrence based on survivors playing really well instead of the current easy loop and gen rush method. Although the game is pretty well balanced when the survivors are all solo. There needs to be a buff for killers when there are 3 or 4 swf survivors in the lobby. Maybe like 2 less pallets on the map or permanent +.1 m/s movement speed for the duration of the match or something to balance things out.

• SairekSairek Member Posts: 4,645
    edited December 2019

This is most of my games as survivor when I decide to put up with the waiting times:

Yeah, can't imagine why there's not a lot of killers. /s

Thank goodness the match got canceled.

• FJSJ_LunarFJSJ_Lunar Member Posts: 230

I get insta queues at rank 1 on killer in the pnw.

But it takes like 6 mins to find a game at survivor at purple ranks.

I thinknits because survivor is more fun for a lot of people right now, so there is a lack of people queuing up as killer.

• BillyAndStuBillyAndStu Member Posts: 67

Yeah i agree. Im red rank on ps4 amd i consistently have to wait 5 plus minutes for a game. Longer if im playing with friends. Whereas if i pick killer im usually in a lobby in under 1 minute. It sucks because in most games theres some bs making the game less fun. Everything from a insidious billy in basement to plain just bad teammates who farm survivors on hooks and cant last more than 20 secs in a chase.