Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.0.0 is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

Some QoL improvements that would make Legion a lot better. (UPDATED)

2»

Comments

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Though I will say I like the Tier 3 madness version of DW better than what we have now. So I disagree with this part. I like the changes they put in for it... THOUGH, I'm still of the mind that Deep Wounds should be removed from Legion completely as it's tied to Borrowed Time and makes everything a huge mess. Why they tied those two together and thought it was a good idea is beyond me.

• NullSp3cNullSp3c Member Posts: 685
    edited December 2019

I thought about making deep wounds like that before but it becomes too similar with t3 madness and makes it too obnoxious to play against.

It's very boring to be in t3 madness and doctor has a bad time putting survivors on it. Legion with the new speed can make survivors deep wounded much more easier than doctor can put survivors at tier 3.

It would be too consistent and people would dc even with the punishments now.

That's my way to see it.

This is similar to other ideas in the forum and i think it is the only way to make legion a 4.6 killer without overdoing it/underdowing it.

I like some parts of your idea but there are things missing like QoL changes and other things that i wouldn't add. Like the deep wounds changes except for the one that reduces the mend time from 15 to 12 seconds, but it would only be good if feral frenzy got any buffs and lethality.

It's a good mindset, but numbers and stuff are a bit away from my liking.

After all, it's only my opinion so they can be good and i'm not seeing it.

• RinthespookiRinthespooki Member Posts: 255

"Deep Wounds

• While suffering from deep wounds survivors cannot heal, repair, sabotage, search or cleanse until they mend. "

THIS. CAN WE HAVE THIS? IT WOULD MAKE DEEP WOUND LESS USELESS ON LEGION.

• EchorionEchorion Member Posts: 1,883

These are actually really good proposed changes, and from someone not acting like an irrational loon. I support most of these; I am a little unsure about mending being a healing action though because nurse's calling would be way too strong then on him.

• Venom368Venom368 Member Posts: 321

I dig the suggestions other than the mending as a healing action. He feels much better to play now after the changes, but these changes would bring him close to the A-tier killers, i'd predict

• PluPlu Member Posts: 1,209

I really like theses changes, maybe don't apply theses to deep wounds but instead give the legion it's own status effects with thoses stats instead.

• DWolfAlphaDWolfAlpha Member Posts: 556

1. I would love it if mending counted as healing. If they added skill checks, though, maybe not. I think missed attacks should be as the used to be. Who cares if you keep swiping if your attack is non-lethal. Though only reducing it by half would be significantly better than it is now.

Hey, it's good to see you actually responding to a Legion post. I mean that sincerely. With everything recently, I was beginning to think that the devs didn't care about the community's thoughts on Legion, and it's a relief to see y'all are.

• JetTheWaffleCatJetTheWaffleCat Member Posts: 246
    edited December 2019

These proposed changes are amazing to me personally. These would make Legion feel less frustrating and punishing to play as for many players. The faster speed would make it easier to block pallets and windows to prevent survivors from using them and the cooldown makes is easier to react more efficiently.

The Deep Wound change would be interesting. Now that survivors bleed out when not running along with the change where they can't do things such as repair and heal they would be forced to mend. While I don't think it should be considered healing and affected by healing perks or action speed reduction perks, it would be cool if it was affected by Nurse's.

These addons are very interesting. I would see Cold Dirt paired with things like M&A to do stealth Legion.

I'd be happy if these changes would be added for them.

• HakuHaku Member Posts: 512

The Legion feels nice now. I don't really like a couple of these suggestions. You want to add more work for the survivors to do while you take away the effort from the Legion. Adding skillschecks while the Legion can miss FF and still continue to run sounds like that to me and it is a really bad suggestion. There has to be some skill to play a better killer. If you miss an atack while u use your power at faster movement speed you should definitely get punished at max. Imagine wraith missing his initial sneak atack and he gets another speed up for the lulz. After all the Frenzy not only damages you with one atack, you get to run again, but the surivivor also have to mend.

The Deep wounds changes also I don't like. You literally contradict yourself in p.1 and p.2. I am not sure even if you have noticed ? "While suffering from deep wounds survivors cannot heal" -> " Mending is now considered a healing action" So survivor cannot heal but they have to since mending is healing now ? So how do we do that good sir ? Anyway that is a bad idea again as the dev said because of Nurses and and trillion of others perks that reduce healing speed, same for gens /everyone hates that about current so called forever Freddy/ so it is a big NO from me. It is just a way too easy power to apply to add anything beneficial to it

"You literally contradict yourself in p.1 and p.2. I am not sure even if you have noticed ? "While suffering from deep wounds survivors cannot heal" -> " Mending is now considered a healing action" So survivor cannot heal but they have to since mending is healing now ? So how do we do that good sir ?"

That is too much overthinking because survivors cannot heal, they must mend which is something really similar to healing. They just can't heal others, that's the point.

Legion has too much punishment for very little mistakes and survivors have a very easy time to counter his power by multiple ways. Decreasing that gap seems the good way to me, not the bad one.

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 1,663

@UncannyLuck not exactly, you still move at 2.7 m/s I think while in stun, not with 0.0

@xllANDRESllx the build you ran before was double stun reduce (to 1.75 sec?) and then frenzy hit the survivor, catch up while in frenzy, run past the survivor and body block pallets or windows, then stop Frenzy. If you could make it and block, it was an insta down, and that was pretty easy

• UncannyLuckUncannyLuck Member Posts: 210

They would have at the time I posted that comment, for the reasons I posted in a different comment. I still think that 'can't do anything but mending' shouldn't be a thing, but skill checks for mending are fine imo.

That was true with the old stun too though, was my point. 110 => 115 is not such an increase that it requires an whole extra second of stun if the point is to give someone time to get away.

• legionIsBackBabylegionIsBackBaby Member Posts: 28
    edited December 2019

I really would like for legion to be able to see scratch marks while in feral frenzy for the love of entity

• FuelSauceFuelSauce Member Posts: 125

The problem with that is Legion was super weak if you didn’t use his exploits. Even then you wasted so much time just to get a down. He was never OP, just broken and had no counterplay. He’d be real weak if you revert him with every exploit fixed.

• xEcoLog1cDuk3XxxEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 126

These are nice QoL changes but not special

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 285

He'd still suck. All m1 killers rely on survivor's mistakes. He's never going to go past anything above average. The only thing that would push him further than average is if they ever made deep wound a lethal mechanic where like him hitting 3 different people downs you or hitting you eventually down you. the problem of course has been that when he can down people in that fashion, they never really bothered to balance his vaulting mechanic, as such, his hits are somewhat unblockable, however there is small mindgame that you can try the next time you face legion which only works on wall-blocker pallets and vaults. It is to put pallet down, pretend to walk in one direction, but then walk into behind legion's vault and vault over. Since there is no limit to vaulting, legion will just revault and hit you anyway, but this mechanic is very fascinating because it means that legion has potential to be a juking-type killer if his vaulting power was more limited, only then would he have any chance for his power to be chasing power. A rework of that nature would be far more ambitious and risky.

The change proposed are run at mill changes that could basically get applied tomorrow and he'd just feel less crap to play.

• TatariuTatariu Member Posts: 498

These are beautiful suggestions. The only question is if the devs actually are making any if this happen.

• GeordieKillerGeordieKiller Member Posts: 104

@Peanits @Almo

any updates around this post is there going to be anything coming to legion that the post mentioned?

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 6,540

I swear to Frank's Mixtape that I will spend 50 dollars on Legion cosmetics if these changes go through. Glad to see someone else that thinks Deep Wounds are fine as is, save that the leeway(enough time to unhook and heal another survivor if I'm correct) given when Legion hits a survivor is too long.

• TatariuTatariu Member Posts: 498

We can only hope. Hopefully they implement some of these changes, considering that this is a highly up-voted post.

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 3,351

These changes all sound pretty good. This is coming from a high rank Legion main (on Console).

• notsonewnotsonew Member Posts: 190
    edited March 19

please do everything to do these changes, it will make legion great again and great to play as

• 28_stabs28_stabs Member Posts: 806

Good ideas. A non-lethal power definitely shouldnt be decreased by basic attacks, lol.