Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.0.0 is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

Why is it so hard for developers to be fully transparent with their communities?

13»

Comments

• Aura_babyyAura_babyy Member Posts: 573

The one thing people are forgetting is that with enough public outcry this will make the devs notice.

They can label it bias all they want, but they can't ignore it if the playerbase is putting pressure on them.

• Aura_babyyAura_babyy Member Posts: 573

Additionally,

The best way to get the attention of a company is not through the use of Pathos. To spike pity or guilt doesn't work, and it looks like you are upset and not thinking about it calmly.

Try laying out your suggestion free of personal emotion, and in a structure that is clear and understandable.

See if you get results this way.

(I've read Ulven's post. I would have concluded that the post would be a little on the bias side because of the tone.)

I've done my own bit of forum browsing suggestions and forwarding to the dev team myself, it's quite tiring. And not everyone can be catered to.

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

It's really cute how yall keep trying to make me mad.

• MonikaMonika Member Posts: 93

Well this is actually a very smart thing to do as a community manager, especially when talking about those types of topics. Talking to someone who is under emotional stress can be no different then bashing your head against the wall. Calm and collected picking saves time, effort and you don't suffer any risk of possibly getting flustered yourself and making a slip up.

I totally understand why they do this and I don't mind it.

• tortradertortrader Member Posts: 260
    edited December 2019

People nag them too much. Also there's no talking to gammas, and there are some of them here.

• Divine_ConfettiDivine_Confetti Member Posts: 737
    edited December 2019

Yeah I think a lot of it boils down to the fact that a lot of the DbD community is, on the whole, overly emotionally invested in the game almost to the point of fanaticism, and any rational thought/post doesn't have much positive feedback. Meanwhile, the devs say "overperforming" once and people flock to that word and make a million sarcastic posts, mocking the devs.

I'll be honest, a lot of the people in this community just outright piss me off. There's a reason I don't post nearly as much as say, GrootDude. I just don't find value in a lot of discussions on here when everything's so emotionally charged. Same reason I usually don't message people after a match, things turn south quickly. Especially if it's a macho SWF team that wants nothing more than to gang up on you and feel good about themselves.

You want the devs to speak? Then learn to speak on their terms. Frustration is fine. Failing to turn said frustration into something constructive and then complaining about the other side not wanting to speak isn't.