Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.0.0 is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

What's One Thing You'd Bring Back?

Dead by Daylight has changed a lot throughout the years. Both killers, survivors, killer perks, survivor perks, and everything else has been changed or changed throughout the years.

So if there has anything that you'd like back in the game, what would it be?

Examples if you're confused: Fast vaults always, the old Borrowed Time, The Moon Bouquets, double pallets, old insta-heals, etc etc...

Answers

• FireHazardFireHazard Member, Trusted Posts: 7,069

@Umbrae_pk

Hmm... well... I started in October 1st 2018... the only things that changed for me was Old DS, Borrowed Time, Fast Vaults (slightly), Old insta-heals, and NOED... I think?

Other small nerfs also but idk.

Personally, i'd really like Legion to be back to the way he was with of course a few things different... like please no to the old add-ons like Franks Mixtape... but I liked the gimmick he had where he relied on damage over hooking while also having a M/S of 4.4...

To me, he felt like a "Rush down Killer" rather than how he is now with the regular 4.6 movement speed... his power just seems like something that keeps everyone in check now, when before this was a side thing... the real thing he gave off in Pre-Nerf was the "rush down" feel he had... if that makes sense.

If felt like he was rushing down a certain Survivor (not tunneling...) and was also hitting other Survivors... it added pressure in my eyes and felt like he was unpredictable.

• Umbrae_pkUmbrae_pk Member Posts: 476

Yeah, you’re right. But The End Game Pig nerf was necessary.

What she really needs though aren’t nerfs OR buffs, but a whole rework.

• TheRockstarKnightTheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 1,181

Common and Ultra-Rare perk rarities.

The current system just looks weird aesthetically and 1000 bp more or less isn't too big of a change in value IMO.

• BrendanLeeTBrendanLeeT Member Posts: 271

The graphics before the Legion patch because it just seemed so much nicer.

• Dr_LoomisDr_Loomis Member Posts: 1,696

The hatch grab.

• BrendanLeeTBrendanLeeT Member Posts: 271

Indeed, I don't know why but it just had something to it that makes me want it back.

Maybe you liked it because that's the old engine the game used to run on...

Things looked a lot different before the engine switch and several lighting and aura effects were changed as well. People have adjusted to it though, so it's hard to say if anyone else feels the same way.

I personally don't mind either way, but I think the new engine brings more possibilities to the table... so... there's that.

• ASpazNamedSteveASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,501

I know this is always my answer, but...

pink perks. They byootiful.

It could mostly be because of the lighting... it was kind of unique... I guess.

• SilentSpectreSilentSpectre Member Posts: 736

gen requirements for the hatch to spawn

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 5,927

The Moon Bouquets I really liked as you could create new game play. They were only abused by Blendettes, but that's an entirely different problem that still needs fixing.

• UnironicalygothUnironicalygoth Member Posts: 128

I miss old Insta heals

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Devs giving a darn

• oxygenoxygen Member Posts: 1,394

+1 to this, all the moonlight offerings actually.

Haddonfield just looked aesthetically amazing with Brightest moonlight for example. If they were still in the game and supported by all the new maps I wonder how many of the newer maps would look with different levels of lightning.

• YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 2,074

One thing as survivor: Visible ranks in lobby.

One thing as killer: Original Tinkerer. God I miss that perk.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 4,369

the old trap set animation for Trapper.

i get that the new one is much faster, but it just looks so goofy...

• oh_0koh_0k Member Posts: 310

Pink and brown perks

• WeederickWeederick Member Posts: 912

Flickbilly, now that Oni reminded how fun that was

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 9,376
    edited December 2019

Oof, uhmm...

The 40% version of Brutal Strength?

Idk, there's not much i miss, and the things i do miss will create new problems.

Or, y'know, old problems.

• Auron471Auron471 Member Posts: 1,020

Being able to see the ranks of my teammates as a survivor. :D

• SaneToxinssSaneToxinss Member Posts: 1

The ability to see survivor ranks in the lobby. It was so useful since it let me know if I was about to be put into a game with low ranks or high ranks.

• ExerlinExerlin Member Posts: 784

I kinda want to see exhaustion slowly recover while running again. I can see it being potentially balanced if they increased the time you were exhausted for

• BradyBrady Member Posts: 1,313

The Old Engine. [BAD WORD] this new atmosphere sucks.

• EsheonEsheon Member Posts: 568
    edited December 2019

Gods no. Shelter Woods was horrific with a New Moon Bouquet, and could you imagine Sanctum of Wrath made even darker? I had old Lightborn on Shelter Woods with a New Moon once, and I literally couldn't see ANYTHING.

I honestly can't think of anything that was removed that I actually want back. I mean, vacuum pallets were fun as survivor, but SO broken. I definitely wouldn't want old mori back either, and NONE of the Hag changes should EVER be reverted.

I think some of the changes need some tweaks, for sure. I think the Styptic should give the full 15 seconds of BT instead of just 8, as one example.

• SpaceCoconutSpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,504

Remove crouching to avoid Hag traps lol