The 3.5.0 Q&A thread is now up! If there's a question you'd like answered, now's your chance to ask: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/120618/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Why did we get Amanda Young as the pig?

2»

Comments

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 2,097

The physical strength argument is redundant. We have Hag, Julie and Susie, etc. The Entity doesn't just plonk people in as-is, it gives them power and strength.

As for the power, Hoffman is just a big dude, he's not really iconic in the same way EVERYONE knows Amanda's scene from Saw.

Amanda allowed them to use a smaller frame to create a stealth/ambush killer which is far and beyond perfect for "the Pig" being represented from the movies.

Her personal connection to the Reverse Bear Traps also make her far more suited to placing them on survivors. Hoffman had no real links to a specific saw trap that could have been used. Yeah, he got an RBT eventually, but Amanda is what made them famous. If we got him, and he ran around using RBTs, people would question why it wasn't Amanda just the same.

Let's not even venture into the area of the discussion where the original few movies had some great mind-[BAD WORD] twists, including Amanda herself, that changed the whole meaning of their movies, where Hoffman's whole run was a just an absolute convoluted mess of trying to one up every other one in the series which mostly just ended up being downright dull, or copied from 2.

• John_DoeJohn_Doe Member Posts: 212

That would be insane they should 100% add this it would add so much tension that the pig doesn't bring atm.

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 2,039

Because Amanda Young was devoted to Jigsaw which the Entity could use. Than she also rigged the game which made her viable as a Killer.

• Dr_LoomisDr_Loomis Member Posts: 1,176

I wouldn't say physical strength is redundant. It's a legitimate threat.

I feel the same way regarding Julie and Suzie: not convincing, not threatening. No real power or physically imposing presence. Take away their little knives...what have we got? The Hag looks legitimately terrifying and would could jump on you and rip your throat out. Not to mention she is a supernatural creature who has a teleportation power.

Hoffman is much more than a 'big dude'. Many regard him as the ultimate antagonist in the Saw franchise. He's in a prominent position in society and lives an extraordinary double life. Amanda is remembered as the first revealed apprentice to Jigsaw and her scene introduced the iconic reverse bear trap. The bear trap is iconic. Not Amanda.

Yes, Hoffman was trapped in the reverse bear trap...and he also felt the grisly effect which resulted in a part of his face ripped open. He used his intelligence to overcome a seemingly inescapable trap and survived. He also used the reverse bear trap later to kill Jill. Using the RBT to kill Jigsaw's wife? I would say that's an extremely important part of the overall franchise.

Regarding the quality of the films, that's all down to the opinion of the viewer. I enjoyed all the Saw films and Hoffman is my favourite character.

But at the end of the day, Amanda is in and Hoffman is not. And he's not going to be.

• FaalSivaasFaalSivaas Member Posts: 2

I honestly think John Kramer would've made more sense since the saw dlc is based off of the first one (as we have Tapp)

• Miss_BritanniaMiss_Britannia Member Posts: 163

I prefer Amanda since she had more of a believable story. Plus she went out the same time as Tapp.

• MrsGhostfaceMrsGhostface Member Posts: 205

I love Amanda, she’s the only girl I’d go lesbian for 😆 But in all seriousness, just watched the first three Saw movies and think she is suitable for dbd. She was a murderer, as the third movie showed she purposely made her games impossible to win. While I watched the first two I didn’t really understand why they put her in the game but the third movie definitely educated me.

• SilentSpectreSilentSpectre Member Posts: 736

I honestly think Amanda is a more tragic character than Hoffman, because she seemed to genuinely believe that going through the games was a method to self-improve. Of course, then she went psycho, but that's how she gets here bloodlust in this game.