Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.0.0 is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

Decisive Strike is bad for the game

Comments

• VetratheneVetrathene Member Posts: 798

It dosen't need a buff in place of that nerf, it just needs that nerf. I am tired of survivor powers getting buffed and nerfed at the same time while that rarely happens to killer perks.

• SairekSairek Member Posts: 4,626

Should I start throwing hundreds and hundreds of games at you showing that DS is a problem?

How many games do we show of DS impacting killers who don't tunnel until it's no longer anecdotal evidence?

You say you don't get hit by DS if you don't tunnel. What about the hundreds of other people in this very forum who claim that they do get hit by DS even if they don't?

What about the fact that slugging a survivor is still not equal to the amount of pressure as hooking them? What about the fact that you're letting a person literally walk without any pressure on them for a whole 60 seconds? You do that against any good team, and you'll have a game just like the one I showed.

"It doesn't effect me, therefore it's not a problem" is not an argument nor is it proof that what you said is fact. You're the one who made the claim, I showed you far more evidence than you have, so go on, prove to me what I said is opinion and what you said is fact, because I sure as hell can show you a lot more than just one game.

I showed you it effects other people, the massive amount of people complaining about the perk wouldn't happen if it didn't effect them either. People are not complaining about the perk just for the sake of complaining. They complain, because the perk negatively impacts their experience even when they fully respect the perk, even if they don't get hit by the stun.

Unless of course, you're going to sit here and try to claim that every single person who says the perk is not fine and is a problem is an awful tunneling killer?

• ImmersedNurseImmersedNurse Member Posts: 945

I play killer games where none of the survivors even have DS. Showing videos of matches where a killer gets stunned by DS proves absolutely nothing. It will always be anecdotal evidence because it's based on personal experience.

People making claims on the forum doesn't constitute as proof that a perk is actually problematic. In the same way me stating I don't have a problem with a perk doesn't prove that it isn't problematic. I'm just stating how I feel about the situation. I play killer regularly and have never had an issue with Decisive Strike when I didn't tunnel.

I didn't claim that what I said was fact so please stop putting words in my mouth. What I stated was my opinion and what you have stated is yours. In addition there isn't a "massive" amount of people complaining. From what I've seen, it's a vocal minority who have a problem with it.

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 2,307

Survivors abusing a perk?

Color me surprised.

• ygneaygnea Member Posts: 116

It needs a buff if it’s getting nerfed. It’s supposed to be a strong perk. There’s no reason the way I said it should work shouldn’t work. It would simply be anti tunnel perk that way.

• VetratheneVetrathene Member Posts: 798

Why is it supposed to be a strong perk when there are plenty of weaker perks? Was MoM supposed to be a strong perk? Because it only got nerfed with no buff recompense. I don't understand what logic your trying to go for.

• EsheonEsheon Member Posts: 568

That last sentence is BS. Night before last I was stunned by DS after downing and hooking two other survivors. After the second hook, I saw one of the two Megs running in to unhook and grabbed her out of the unhook animation. I was stunned by DS and both hooks were rescued.

I posted in another DS thread about a game where I got THREE other survivors downed (thanks to Haunted Grounds) after the DS user was unhooked, and still got "punished for tunneling" even though I slugged 1 and hooked 2 other survivors before going after the DS user.

DS does have issues. It grants 60 seconds of immunity from pickup, and good survivors will use those 60 seconds well. Hell, *I* use DS on survivor, and I've used those tactics. Intentionally get downed in front of the hook so I can DS and rescue with BT? Jump in a locker when I'm about to be downed, forcing the killer to either eat the DS or leave me unslugged? Bodyblock a chainsaw at the exit gate? Sure, I've got DS so the killer can't pick me up anyway.

• ImmersedNurseImmersedNurse Member Posts: 945

If this functionality of DS was removed and it was purely an anti-tunneling perk then it would be pointless to even equip. It would be too situational to warrant a perk slot. All perks serve multiple functions and to reduce a perk to only work in one uncommon scenario makes it virtually pointless.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 1,928

People who think even killers would stop slugging if DS was not in the game... Lmao

• LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 1,484

How did you come to the conclusion that DS is at fault? Its the fault of killer playing cheap and being scared of a tiny 5s stun. Thats the real problem.

• KikkiKikki Member Posts: 406

Easy solution,don't grab that Survivor.Go and find another one.If he hasn't Unbreakable there are 2 Survivor where doing nothing even if it is just for a few seconds.

• PeasantPeasant Member Posts: 4,105

@WickedMilk03 Are you certain the obsession is tunneled for DS alone? There is a tome challenge for hooking the obsession twice. Then perks like remember me, and that Ghostface hook one, exist.

You data might be corrupted if you failed to consider these factors.

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

DS was fine till everyone started to abuse it as much as they could. It needs some tweaking cause it can make a Killer lose at higher ranks easily and rewards bad Survivor plays (like Survivors like to say NOED does for Killers). Also the amount of salty survivors in here... wow. I've played both sides, but even if I hadn't that shouldn't invalidate my opinion. That's like saying survivors have no right to talk about Killers, and yet I still see "nerf wraith" threads for crying out loud.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 4,668

Decisive Strike has next to no effect on me as survivor or killer. I don't run it and other survivors who do generally get downed 10-20 seconds later. I can count on one hand I've been hit by it with killer in the past several months.

• kaio_stkkaio_stk Member Posts: 83

Let me say, NO!

• IronKnight55IronKnight55 Member Posts: 365

People are still complaining about DS? I used to be rank 1 survivor and killer (took a break, but I started playing again). It's perfectly fine the way it is right now. I rarely ever get hit by DS. I think killers need to start playing better. SMH

• MisterCremasterMisterCremaster Member Posts: 601

It's not a5 second stun though, if it just dropped you and your stayed in the dying state that would be fine. But it's a5 second stun and an entirely new chase. It's the chase that's the problem, not the stun

• BeanieBoyBobBeanieBoyBob Member Posts: 354

100% agree. I feel that everyone hasn't been able to play Killer at the highest ranks, nor know how important time and pressure are to each trial. The moment you run into a team that can Gen Rush and survive on loops effectively (plus infinites, etc), you just get bullied and stomped so hard.

I always slug the potential survivor that has it anyways (there are a fair few clues the survivor can give that they are running it). However, this again wastes time that could be spent chasing someone else or disrupting Gen progress around the map.

• silverwolf4455silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 470

I dont believe he is. He is responding to Yoi that said the same thing but to survivors. There are things on both sides that are a bit to strong. But I dont know how to balance DS without breaking it.

People will still abuse it.

• wydyadoitwydyadoit Member Posts: 144
    edited December 2019

i disagree because it counters moris.

(this was sarcasm.)

i wish it was used to counter moris.

imma go make a post about this actually.

• SairekSairek Member Posts: 4,626

Change the stun from 5 seconds to 4 seconds. It was only changed to 5 seconds from 3 seconds because Enduring countered it.

Or, make it be disabled if you attempt the unhook action. Can't complain about tunneling if you're unhooking someone and it being disabled in this manor is completely in the survivor's control, not the killer.

Or, disable it after generators are complete or at least exit gates are powered. Can't complain about tunneling when it's literally the end of the game, so killers who do decide to not tunnel all game, aren't rewarded for their civil playstyle with being slapped in the face (literally) at the end game.

Any one or even all of these changes would make DS more bearable and it would still be very good, imo.

• RasinbranRasinbran Member Posts: 219

Yes I would like to see ruin purple ranks and up to balance things out. Perhaps make it so when all totems are broken the Ruin disappears just to make survivor actions less optimal.

• silverwolf4455silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 470

I would actually be fine with reducing the stun to 4 seconds. That makes 1 second stuck in animation and a 3 second stun which is right in line with headon.

I would also be good with it being turned off if the survivor tries to hook save. As you said it would be totally on the survivors hands at that time.

I would also be fine with the perk time being changed to 30, 35 and 40 seconds respectively. Still wastes the killers time but doesn't give the full minute of god mode.

• Andreyu44Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,528
    edited December 2019

Literally 3 people out of 10 use DS for countering tunneling.

This perk is heavily abused and its no surprise that everyone and their mother runs it.

60 immunity seconds with no downside ? Ofc its gonna be meta.

• The_Second_ComingThe_Second_Coming Member Posts: 1,110

As someone who enjoys killer much more than survivor, I actually have to agree with this. Winning without tunneling is completely doable, even at red ranks. If you get your rocks off from making someone else miserable and tunneling them, you're toxic.

• rch614rch614 Member Posts: 487

Pretty much this, at this point.

Guys, DS is fine where it's at other than maybe abusing locker grabs. Everything else is a simple slug away from not eating that stun and losing your game over.

I play red ranks with both roles and I'll admit I get hit by DS every now and then, and it's completely my fault regardless of whether or not I actually did tunnel. Is it annoying to get hit with DS after hooking someone else? Well yes. But you really should try and mentally keep track of who you've hooked in the past 60s.

Just. Slug. If anything needs nerfing when it comes to DS, it's locker grabs. Stun duration and activation timer are both fine.

• SaintsxSinnersSaintsxSinners Member Posts: 48

Built in mechanic?

Stop talking and leave this establishment...immediately.

• KharKhar Member Posts: 172

Hell, exhaustion perks are bad for the game.