Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

The Spirit changes did almost nothing to affect what makes her annoying to play against.

13»

Comments

• AlainaAlaina Member Posts: 36
    edited December 2019

You can pin point her location the same way she does. Grass and crows are your enemies but also your friends. You can tell her location by looking around at the environment. Spine chill and premonition are good to. I haven't heard many spirit complaints besides prayer beads but ever since she finally got addressed its like everyone and their dog has an issue. She has counters and as a survivor you need to use them. She can still be looped and has tells for where she is.

Edit: a tell for when she goes into phasing would be helpful but survivors not knowing when she is phasing is one of the only ways she avoids being looped. Maybe a tell for when she's phasing unless she's in a chase

• KenshinKenshin Member Posts: 912

shocking how many ppl still complain about spirit. do you guys always just disconnect against her and thast why you dont know how to play against her? or are you salty that you can run her for 5 gens with your meta build like against every dull m1 killer? there is a ton of perks for survivors that helps you against spirit. maybe try to use them instead of your meta builds. also she is not much played anymore (at least in high ranks) since the nerf. so stop asking for even more nerfs and get a grip, she is fine now.

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Tbh Spirit is only fun killer that I can play as now. The rest of them are boring af.

• ASpazNamedSteveASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,783

Yeah she's in a really awkward spot. Like they clearly knew to nerf her, but they played it safe by keeping her power almost 100% the same at base, and only addressing a couple of her minor annoyances to vs.

I have no idea how they'd change her to still be fun to play, but feel more consistent and fun to play against.

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 2,969

What do you mean it's overrated? Yeah, it doesn't help as much if you keep running and leaving a trail, or make obvious loops. But then, like Nurse, you can't do that. Think outside the box. Back track, head behind a tree instead of that nearby pallet. Hide behind a gen instead of vaulting that window. If you tie in non obvious routes while taking away audio tracking, you'll beat her far more than if you just try simple loops.

To those saying she needs more audio ques when phasing, she emits white noise. The closer she is, the louder it gets. Use that.

• PoisonNPoisonN Member Posts: 624

Lmao, she lose her * old vault animation wich wasn't a vault animation btw but you understand me!

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,112

You can try those but if I know what i’m doing then you’ll need pallets and windows. This is how I counter her as survivor and it works better than anything I ever did with Iron Will.

• ArrowTheGreat11ArrowTheGreat11 Member Posts: 306

I hate when people say “just bring spine chill” or “just bring iron will” when there’s literally no way of knowing which killer we get

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 2,815
    edited December 2019

Insane how some don't like diversity in games. There is a reason we have more than one killer in this game and no matter if you play killer, survivor or both that is what makes this game good.

Let's remove all perks in the game also yes? Because some are better or more fun than others and we can't have that.

• Nemmy_WemmyNemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 782

What other perks u run with iron will and spine chill if you dont mind me asking;) i love trying builds ha

• premiumRICEpremiumRICE Member Posts: 797

I think its fine. what was overperforming was her addon not her basekit even if the collision was super strong and not intended. Now she requires a bit of brain to play and experience to play against.

• Nazeef13Nazeef13 Member Posts: 437

People forget when spirit first released on ptb she would make the directional "woosh" phase sound even when in terror radius.

Prayer beads made it silent in TR but still made noise outside her TR.

Everyone thought spirit could use a small buff (mobility and cooldown), and that prayer beads was broken op.

Instead devs made that ptb prayer beads base kit (no woosh in TR) and made an even more broken prayer beads.

She was fine on the ptb with giving a woosh sound even in TR, she just needed a cooldown buff.

People were just quick to complain within 1hr of the ptb that it was another weak m1 killer, without learning to play her. And she probably got buffed so people would by the dlc.

The current mobility nerf did not address the core issues with spirit:

She still has pay to win skins

It's a guessing game where survivors can't react or interact.

Good spirit only needs good headphones to track accurately, so not showing survivor's body is an irrelevant "cost" to her power. Increase her cost, or lower the info she gets by blasting chase music when phasing.

• RasinbranRasinbran Member Posts: 240

Yup they need to keep the low skill high reward killer viable so the wannabe killer mains can play something other than Billy.

• AlainaAlaina Member Posts: 36

Ah didn't know that smh. It should, that would solve all the problems. She'd still surprise people but if you pay attention you'll be able to have some counterplay. I always assumed she did because grass and corn moves on the killer screen

• S_PandaS_Panda Member Posts: 539

My claudette doesn't have much unlocked but I've been slowly moving towards the meta. Exhaustion perk + 1 other (maybe decisive when I do unlock it). Botany Knowledge has been fun paired with a medkit to heal myself even quicker after being unhooked and to be a quick healer when unhooking others.

• EverflowingRiverEverflowingRiver Member Posts: 562

Spoken like a survivor main who wants easy 6 min wins.

• RasinbranRasinbran Member Posts: 240

No more like the killer main that devoted countless hours on nurse and huntress.

Just have standards higher than most I suppose, rather than being a Chad Billy main or a sweat spirit that farms for purple add ons on survivor to play her.

• BunnyTheHuttBunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

I disagree, I haven't fought many spirits, but the ones I have are so much nicer too fight. It's no longer luck based for me at least. When I juke a spirit it feels like I did it with skill, not with luck.