Home Discussions General Discussions

Whats with the Nerf Billy talk and speculation?

He's not -that- strong. Not so strong he needs that dreaded word "rework." He's stable. You have to learn how to finesse with that chainsaw, otherwise he's just as useless as a day 1 trapper main.

He has been the same practically since the game came out? So whats with the NERF BILLY, REWORK BILLY talk? Honestly it's starting to seem like people are grasping for straws almost like knee jerk posts where "OMG I DIED TO A BILLY HE MUST BE OP!"

So whats the Deal Community?

Comments

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 2,197

I haven't seen anybody asking for his nerf, at least legitimately. A random rant post here and there, but nothing like Freddy, Spirit, and Plague.

• BunnyTheHuttBunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,772

Lots of people have. I got blocked by someone on twitter because they said Billy needed nerfs. People simply don't want too learn counterplay and would rather have the killer nerfed.

• PistolTimbPistolTimb Member Posts: 1,414
    edited December 2019

Bhvr will likely change Billy's (Leatherface's as well) addons at some point to make them more consistent with other killer addons. He has no iridescent addons and not enough purples if my numbers are right. Billy's base kit is balanced and shouldn't be changed, but nurse base kit was balanced as well and they changed it for some reason. Hopefully whatever they do with him doesn't reduce his power while simultaneously giving him more build variety with addons.

• itsmetimohthyitsmetimohthy Member Posts: 43

He is probably the most balanced killer in the game... the hell?

• LoverOfDemogorgonLoverOfDemogorgon Member Posts: 168

It's a parody of survivors asking for nerfs on spirit, killer mains are mad so they made a parody, same thing has been done for other killers on a less extent.

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

I've asked before because 90% of the time I get chainsawed is in an area where there is no counterplay. Especially with Insta-saw or Drift King builds.

It might be because I faced way more who simply relied on the saw, rather than any actual skill. It's like I said in my own thread about this subject. Hillbilly and Leatherface, as in 2/19 killers, have an easy instant down mechanic that requires basically no skill to use. Leatherface has broken hitboxes on terrain, especially compared to how he can hit a survivor, but that's a different topic.

Hillbilly does have nice mobility and map pressure, and there are some instances where I can accept a saw. But as a whole, too many Hillbillies I face rely too heavily on the saw and start it in areas that any other killer would be thankful for a basic hit.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 3,099

Phrases like

Spamming Chainsaw

No Downside

Able to travel across large maps without penalty.

It's coming. Once his addon rework comes around it will be full force.

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 1,842

He has all of 2 add-ons that are both broken and barely used anyway for some odd reason, so meh.

Definitely not OP.

• snozersnozer Member Posts: 776

Nurse got less build variety, not more.

Charge reduction addons or nothing.

• snozersnozer Member Posts: 776

If he is able to chainsaw you around a loop, that is on you for being greedy.

If he catches you out of position, YOU made the mistake and for once YOU are punished for it.

He has zero ability to land a chainsaw from a distance unless you are a potato.

Tired of survivors wanting to sleep during the game and have zero threats...

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

But the loop I'm at is one rock in the middle of nowhere. And you're still literally faster than me, so launching it when you're touching me does not have counterplay. The main reason I'm even here too is because of the generators. It's not being caught out of position, it's borderline abuse of the power.

I want killers to be strong, but I want to know that they were actually better than me, not just happen to have a cheesy instant-down. I feel like I could have done something if I step into a Trapper bear trap. I feel like I could have done something against a Huntress. I DON'T feel like I could have done something about a Hillbilly who charged his chainsaw in M1 range, then launched as soon as he was touching my body.

• HamdaNHamdaN Member Posts: 344

if anything his auto aim needs some tweaks thats all

• ocafghanistanocafghanistan Member Posts: 3,681

I just wish hillbilly had better add on diversity it's either you run a turn add on with charge time add on or both charge time add ons and the rest are ass

• DaGreenBoltDaGreenBolt Member Posts: 453

Yk I wish that would happen, but I believe Billy will get the Nurse treatment where, they announce they will do add on changes, then announce they are look at the base kit, then announce that they will do "slight" changes, PTB goes live and we find out major changes happened to Billy's base kit where he gets some unfun feature, and then they will ignore feedback.

Devs have lost my trust especially how they handeled Nurse, and Doctor looks like he's about to get Legioned.

• NomaddNomadd Member Posts: 70

Okay I am a relatively new player, so my judgement is probably wrong, so don't bite my head off, like I said, I'm new. But as far as my observations go:

• Billy runs across the map (almost) like Nurse, without any fatigue, drawback, nothing. Sure, he can bump into walls or not turn around too easily, but it's hardly a real downside
    • Insta down - and that combined with the rush? I mean... come on, no cooldown, not fatigue, no special requirements (like stalking, collecting blood) just hold M2, aim and there you go
    • That two combined? There's only so much you can do against him, you can't really 'outrun' him, he'll always get to you, if you're far away he just charge his rush and bam, he's suddenly right there

For the 100th time; I'm new to this game. So if I'm wrong tell me how the hell THAT is balanced, compared to the other killers. What is it that I don't see about him? Because, at least on paper, that's like combining Nurse's blink speed (almost) with Leatherface's insta kills and so far 99% matches against him were the most frustrating I've ever had in this game. I really rather play vs Nurse or Spirit.

• ASpazNamedSteveASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,501

As you start to get better at the game you'll realise he's strong, but is not overpowered. He has all the normal weaknesses of a killer: windows, pallets, and obstacles. It's just a matter of learning to efficiently use all of these by knowing how Billys play, and how long his chainsaw takes to charge.

• xEcoLog1cDuk3XxxEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 151

Billy "Rework" = Billy nerf, like Nurse

• Apple2oApple2o Member Posts: 624

Clearly you don't know how to curve with billy. Billy has tons of opportunities to saw at loops if you know what you are doing.

• dont_ask_me_againdont_ask_me_again Member Posts: 490

Billy doesn’t need a nerf lol... they could change his faster charge add-ons for stuff like steering add-ons but give him spark plug built in... like something like that with the rework would be cool imo.

• AvisDeeneAvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

I want them to nerf his face. I can't stand looking at it, it just unnerves me. More than Bubbas. Give him a mask or a cowboy hat that throws a shadow over it.

• NomaddNomadd Member Posts: 70

Maybe, but still I have this mindset, that he looks like combining best of two very powerful mechanics - charge and insta down. And so far I've seen that every killer has strengths and weaknesses and Billy has, for me, really not much weaknesses, not much requirements in order to activate best of him.

But then of course, I might be, and probably am, wrong. But I'd still like to see something that would slow him, 'just a litttle bit' ;)

• ZoldyarZoldyar Member Posts: 431

If they were to nerf him it wouldn't even be a big deal because everything about him is fine. The only thing you can nerf is him getting punished each them he uses a chainsaw by adding a cool down. There's nothing else to nerf about him because just like nurse, he requires skill to be good at. I don't know why people would ask for a nerf other then a cool time of his chainsaw uses.

• nos4a2nos4a2 Member Posts: 54

His phantom hits alone are a nerf to him in my opinion because they have Brent here forever and seems to not matter .

• deadbyhitboxdeadbyhitbox Member Posts: 980

Only thing that needs changing with Billy is Carburetor Tuning Guide, and Primer Bulb. Other than that, I don't see any problem with him.