Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Killer Pip System Needs a Change

So as we know the devs have stated they want this game to be a case of 2 Escapes, 2 Kills on average. This works in low ranks where both sides can rank up no worries but unfortunately it means in the higher ranks Killers pretty much need to 4 man to even get a Pip (Rank Up). If one escapes through end game hatch that decides between a De-Pip, Black Pip, Pip or 2 Pip, for the most part it is either a Black or barely just a Pip.

Had a game on Blood Lodge as Trapper, did as much as could on the Pallet Haven to the point of even when the game was over the other side of the map still had full pallet capacity as the other side was never used. I end up sacrificing 2 (as the game wants) and it causes me to barely just Black Pip. Although i can guarantee the top 3 players in the game Pipped.

Devs if you want a 2 escape, 2 sacrifice average you really need to consider changing up the ranking system as it is clearly busted. You punish Killers for accomplishing what you expect of them.

Comments

• LemeTheMemeLemeTheMeme Member Posts: 402

I agree, the emblem system rewards killers whose powers match with what the system gives. Legion and Freddy are really easy killers to pip with, but killers like Plague and Myers? They are punished for using powers or some cases addons (Myers predominantly). The generator emblem is also problematic for killers like trapper and hag, who require setup. Hopefully, some changes are coming for these killer especially.

• FriendlyGuyFriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

A specific emblem system for every killer would be nice.

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 6,586
    edited December 2019

I keep getting 4ks on Bubba that result in black pips.

Also...feel like this fits nicely...

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Meanwhile ranking up as survivor is the other way around. I can do extremely bad and end up dying first but still pip, because.. I guess?

• The_Bootie_GorgonThe_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

Red rank survivors wonder where all the red rank killers are 😶