Home Discussions General Discussions

Survivor Perk Tier List (Oni DLC) *Updated*

Comments

• dont_ask_me_againdont_ask_me_again Member Posts: 490

I’ll comment on leader.... it gives 25% but to 2 teammates and you get unhooked 25% faster... you can get someone to open the door faster or can get people to cleanse faster

botany is 33% heal speed just for you... and if you don’t run self-care with it how is it even comparable to leader is my thoughts? :P

Oh as for self-care i never bring items unless meme’ing with flashlights pretty much. :P bringing an item means you also can’t horde an item from a chest xd

• NeskaNeska Member Posts: 132
    • Dont heal at all! Pump gens and use Adrenaline
    • -> Got killed too many times doing gens while not running selfcare to get full life

• Let a Teammate do the job
    • -> In the time I try to find my teammates I can easily selfcare myself & move on to gens

• You can heal yourself with a Medkit more efficient
    • -> true, but takes the opportunity from you to use other items

• Inner Strength outclasses Selfcare
    • -> if you get enough totems to always heal yourself yeah, but if you're teammates do totems as well it can easily be a one-time-use perk

I don't say you're wrong, just from my perspective; I tried playing without & got [BAD WORD] over so many times or had to let teammates die because I couldn't heal myself that it's easily in A or B tier for me especially while seeing what perks got above Selfcare in that list.

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,306
  • toxicmeggtoxicmegg Member Posts: 662

i mean balanced landing is complete trash now.. and detective's hunch isn't that bad

• Doc_W__HOLLIDAYDoc_W__HOLLIDAY Member Posts: 2,347

Balanced Landing needs to be right behind Diversion in D Tier

MoM moved to B

Sslf Care moved to A

Fixated to B

Object to C

Botany to S

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,582

No. I guess I should have clarified more. I like perks that help me prolong a chase, lose a chase, and help my teammates so perks like Lightweight, Fixated, Inner Strength, Second Wind, Borrowed Time, Iron Will, Dance With Me, Quick and Quiet, Alert, Bond, Empathy, and Unbreakable I like the most. Spine Chill let’s me know when the killer is looking in my direction directly behind me. Okay? I don’t really care all that much. Ya know a killer can moonwalk to your location or walk sideways and your Spine Chill won’t light up at all. I know players who did that while running old Prayer Beads Spirit.

I didn’t say Spine Chill was bad, I just don’t think it is THE best perk in the game nor does it fit my playstyle. I don’t find it that useful unless I get a stealth killer and even then you can pretty much tell when they are coming like @Marcus has said (Ghostface robe flaps, Myers has loud breathing, Wraith has to uncloak before a hit, Pig also has loud breathing) plus you can listen for grass rustling and footsteps. You have to be just as attentive to sounds as survivor as you would a killer.

• BlazelskiBlazelski Member Posts: 110

No one has mentioned that Kindred is S tier yet? The word has yet to spread... excellent. Now to play killer before word gets around.

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,582
    edited December 2019

Let me explain why Self Care is not a good perk.

You are doing NOTHING to advance the game. You are sitting there healing yourself probably making yourself vulnerable to Nurse’s Calling (which is very meta). If the killer has Sloppy Butcher that is even more time you aren’t doing anything to help the game. You can heal in the corner for half a minute not doing anything and you’ll get found in 10 seconds and the process repeats. I can’t even count how many times I’ve caught Claudette healing herself in a corner and I had Nurse’s Calling.

It is outclassed by other healing perks like Inner Strength, We’ll Make It, and Adrenaline which all help the game in the favor of survivors. You actually have to objectives. Inner Strength you cleanse totems. Adrenaline you have to power ALL generators. We’ll Make It you have to save your teammates. Not to mention you can bring in med-kits that can have MULTIPLE charges on them so you can heal yourself many of times.

Good survivors do not care if they are injured. They are going to focus on generators. They can prolong chases and if they have Dead Hard and they’re good at knowing when to use it, it is basically a second/third health state.

There is no point in bringing in Self Care when you have other options and you can free up a perk slot for something even better.

• xEaxEa Member Posts: 2,282

I accept your opinion, to everyone his own. Still, i wanna tell you something, maybe you like it:

My working college is a hardcore DBD Fan since Day1, he has 2K hours on XBox and plays it on PC and on PS4 aswell. He always ran Selfcare and he was kinda warshipping this perk. He is more a stealthy type of player and i am totally fine with that. In general, i feel that many people who run selfcare prefere a more of a stealthy and juke then a "CHASE ME!! YOLO" playstyle. Anyway, we are discussing a lot about builds and strategy in DBD and i tried to convince him, that there are better options then SC, but he was basicly telling me the same as you did.

Finally, i came up with this build.. i kinda forced him to try it out because i think its fitting so well for him and its an amazing build overall ;)

• Lithe
    • Dance with me
    • Q&Q (you can change that with Urban or Lucky break)
    • Inner Strength

Since that day he tried out that build, he has not touched Selfcare a single time and is now fully convinced, that there are better options then Selfcare. He changed the build a bit, and also tried out different things, but he is avoiding SC now and goes with Inner or even Bond to find teammates quicker. He has way more fun with that build and he feels 10 times more confident now.

Thats only a suggestion but maybe you wanna try this build out aswell?

Thats all true what you say and i had this in mind when i did the list, but the big thing here for me is, that leader has only an effect, if someone is with you, which is not always the case. Also, Teammates actually need to do what you want them to do that it has great effect :) Anways, i think leader is not a bad perk at all, but for my taste a bit to situational.

Sorry, but ballanced landing is not THAT bad after the change. I might accept B Tier, but definitly not D. Its still an exhaustion perk, that gives you different opportunitys then Lithe or DH. Honestly i think (and i dont mean to offend you) that people who rank it now that low are a bit buthurt about the nerf.

Seems to be i am really way off with MoM, the change might have been better then i have experienced recently. I will try it out a few more times.

SC again, absolutly no A Tier, not even close. Explained that a few times already. I am curious why you think SC is so good, let us now if you dont mind.

You give Fixated a lot of credit, im surprised by that one. Maybe i am the wrong person to judge on that perk, since the last time i walked in DBD was when i tried out Fixiated a few weeks ago ;) Shift button is my best friend ;) But you might be right, 20% is a lot and its amazing to juke the Killer, i will rethink that an i will try out that perk a few more times. Thanks for the input.

I dont know about Object, since i am still pretty sure it is just a bug that they need to fix (would not make sense at all to leave it that way). If it is not a bug, lol yea that its D Tier or even worse.

Botany on S? I really have no idea why you give this one so much credit. Its decent in my opinion, but nothing spectacular. Maybe i miss something here? Did they change or break it within the last patch(es)?

I have it on B Tier, and i think it belongs there. For groups it is more or less worthless, but for a soloplayer it can be really good now, maybe A Tier. Hard to rank this one. I will definitly use it more often in the future.

I totally agree on this^

• FriendlyGuyFriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

You sound like you rely on self-care too much. Don't search for a teammate. Take the opportunity to heal when you can and pressure gens if you can't. Spine Chill is way more efficient if you're going against stealth.

• Doc_W__HOLLIDAYDoc_W__HOLLIDAY Member Posts: 2,347

Truth be told, I haven’t played with Balanced after the nerf so I’m just judging it based on how appealing it sounds now (which is not very).

Botany I rate so high because it’s a permanent healing buff, for you AND other survivors.

I only rate SC as an A tier perk because of the perk combo with Botany. By itself, it’s more like low C tier. But considering I only use SC with Botany I’m just biased 🤷‍♂️

As for Fixated, I love the stealth element it adds. It’s a better Urban, and also is a perk that allows you to mindgame your scratchmarks better since you can physically see where they are.

• switchswitch Member Posts: 489

Sprint burst is literally the best perk in the game, if used at full potential this perk is any killer's worst nightmare, thankfully dumb survivors run DH.

But yeah sprint burst is not S tier is SS tier, above everything in the game.

I don't see how. You give no reasoning and I have already countered the reasoning of others

• switchswitch Member Posts: 489

Tbh i don't even need to explain why sprint burst is the best perk in the game to a good player, but i'll break it down for you.

The fact that you can sit on a gen have 0 awareness and be totally fine if the killer tries to hit you, the amount of play making chances this perk gives to survivor is a little bit mind blowing.

But please, and i mean it, keep using dead hard, i'm happy if i don't have to deal with sprint burst literally x10 better than dead hard would ever be, might need to start telling people to use dead hard since sprint burst is any killers worst nightmare

My main reason for putting Sprint Burst so high is, that you can 99% it what makes it like deadhard but with a 3 second sprint plus you dont have to be injured.

• NeskaNeska Member Posts: 132

did that. didn't searched for teammates, did gens & as soon as the killer comes I'm basically dead. plus I won't try to unhook anyone if im injured so I rather run selfcare & be indepentand from anything & get more stuff done than without

Just my opinion on self-care. Enjoy your playstyle. :D

• BradyBrady Member Posts: 1,370
    edited December 2019

I would put Unbreakable, Prove Thyself, and Iron Will, and ESPECIALLY Hope in S tier and put Spine Chill in A.

Slugging is a viable strat in high ranks making Unbreakable less situational than you'd think. Prove Thyself makes 2 manning a gen OP, Iron Will makes you impossible to track while injured, and Hope you'll never get caught in the end-game (and a counter to NOED.)

I know the Hope one in S sounds far fetched but seriously Resilience and Hope are a staple in the builds during this meta ( a meta where we see endgame nearly every game and Reslience helps with the no heals+iron will + dead hard making for an insane solo queue build)

Unbreakable and Iron Will: Yes, those perks are really great, i run them very often and you are right with everything you said. As you can see, i put them into high A Tier, almost S Tier and i was thinking about putting them into S. But S is for me more or less reserved for thise perks i think that actually break the game (or are very close to it), and while both are very useful, i dont see them on that level.

Prove Thyself: I think i placed it perfectly. While it is a fantastic perk, it has a major flaw -> The Meta. One of the worst things you can do is to do gens with multible people at once, the best way is actually to split up. In certain situations it is great tho.

Hope: Maybe i was a bit hard on Hope, and i have put it on my "Have to play more often" List, but S? Well, i try to figure out by my own in the near future, then i will update (or not, depending on how it turns out) my List

Thanks for the input

Kind regards

• jokerdude23_jokerdude23_ Member Posts: 102

First time I've seen unbreakable above B tier, I agree with A tier though because there are plenty of scenarios i've been in where unbreakable single handedly made me come back from an unwinnable situation.

I see, we have different views on what S tier is! I usually dictate S tier as "What's the best and what's currently being played" tier, not necessarily just broken or super good perks.

I disagree with your input about Prove Thyself. Teaming up on a generator *is not* a bad thing in this meta at all. It's an incredibly smart tactic infact if you need to rush certain generators on the map. i.e The mid generator on Azarov's resting place, other unsafe gens that could hurt you as a Survivor.

It drops a generator down from 44 seconds to 40, in a game where time for killers is incredibly important, so try not to overlook that! It's misconcepted that "4 survivors working on 4 separate generators" is the best way the win, most of my games that had gen rush (talking like 3 minutes 5 gens done) were consisted of Prove Thyself builds.

Yeah, like I said, Hope sounds far fetched right? I've been running it a lot ever since noticing we are in a really end-game meta, and I honestly prefer to run it over Adrenaline (even though Adrenaline subjectively better).

Here's why:

You move at 107% movement speed, allowing you to get to where you need to be faster. You will barely ever be caught with Hope.

Add Dead Hard to this mix and you're just a late game god.

Some cons as to why I can see you didn't put it in S tier:

• Doesn't pause when you are immobile like Adrenaline
    • Only 120 seconds

Yea I agree. I don't see many perks in this game as being broken. Even Adrenaline has counter play (albeit not very viable).

I don't know if you're just not in the right mindset, but usually survivors can make it to loops from generators with good pathing. I see Sprint Burst as a crutch for people who don't want to learn proper pathing/killer position awareness. Sure it can be used like Dead Hard but even if this wasn't buggy and actually reliable this relies on a survivor not doing any objectives. I will give Sprint Burst credit for making it safe to do a generator in a dead zone and sometimes giving people a few extra seconds on a generator.

• SilentSpectreSilentSpectre Member Posts: 773

Spine Chill

S-tier

Where's my LOL button?

• ReylaReyla Member Posts: 41

I see a lot of mentions of Spine Chill being great against stealth killers, but I am the only killer who purposefully looks away from gens as I approach them, until they are in my vision? I find this catches SC users out very often

On the tier list itself, I could disagree with a decent portion but nothing seems too crazy, I do want streetwise to take a bump though, because I've been using that a lot with toolboxes lately and it is pretty functional. Not A tier but B/C imo

I do that too as killer, but onld if i noticed them being alert without any obvious reason. Anyway, most killers don't do that and that's why it's a great perk.

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 2,821

MoM is not B tier. Unless B stands for "Bottom". If you are wasting time running around getting protection hits and healing guess what you aren't doing? Generators. If you take a protection hit from the killer carrying to a hook then 9 times out of 10 the player is still getting hooked anyway. So that is a waste. With all the time it takes to build up protection hits you could get 2-3 gens done. Even bringing MoM into a match means you are just a bad player.

If getting hit gives your teammate a health state, especially a teammate who has been hooked, then having MoM as well will eventually make your team hit positive. Think of it like a balanced flashlight save.

Dead hard is better by far, you lose pressure with SB and you have to waste it continuously

Sprint Burst is the second worst exhaustion perk lol i think head on is better

Well put. Let us not forget Head On can save people from basement. Jk Head On is trash