The 3.5.0 update is starting to roll out today! For more info, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/121902/
Please be sure to check here before reporting any new issues: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/122269/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Additional rewards to prestiging.

I think prestiging should reward more than just bloodied clothing. My suggestion is the following:

Killer
Whenever you prestige you get a 5% chance to get 2 of the Addons you unlock in the bloodweb up to a maximum of 15%. Does not work on Very Rare and Ultra Rare Addons.

Survivor
Whenever you prestige you get a 5% chance to get 2 of the Offerings you unlock in the bloodweb up to a maximum of 15%. Doest not work on Very Rare and Ultra Rare Offerings.

Both
Increases your maximum blood experience cap by 5000 each time you prestige.

Comments

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 5,025
    edited August 2018

RE: Bloodpoint cap: I don't think this is really necessary. Even with all current 25 killers and survivors in the game at P3, that's only 125,000. Not tiny by any means, but at that point you're already set. In order for it to have a meaningful impact, you'd have to prestige a ton of characters. Otherwise you're basically looking at an extra node, maybe a node and a half, per prestige (quite a bit of gameplay).

I don't know, basically. Sure it's convenient, and you can basically get to level 50 right away, but at the same time it won't really matter because either 1) You're still not going to have full perks, so you'll want more points anyway, or 2) You still gotta' prestige again, in which case you still gotta' save up more points anyway. Either way, 1.25m isn't going to be enough for either. (I guess there's also the possibility that you play them as you level them up, though even then, if that's your cup of tea and you find it fun working with what you've got, I would imagine you probably wouldn't want to skip right over it anyway.)

For the others, I could go either way on. Personally I prefer when "prestiging" (resetting levels) in games doesn't have any effect on gameplay and is purely cosmetic- and even then only to the extent that you're not leaving casual players high and dry while only the most dedicated players can unlock the cool stuff- but this isn't a huge deal. Double add-on/offering every now and then, cool, why not. I would say no very rare or ultra rare, so we seem to be on the same page there. Wouldn't want people to feel forced to prestige a bunch just to get extra powerful offerings. The rest is common enough that even a casual player could reasonably get it.

• ShadoureonShadoureon Member Posts: 493

@Peanits said:
    Wouldn't want people to feel forced to prestige a bunch just to get extra powerful offerings. The rest is common enough that even a casual player could reasonably get it.

Came up with addons for killers because they really benefit from them and really need them in a match. Figured addons for survivors would just make things even again so went with offerings instead. Yeah I guess 5k is a bit to low but in the end its only extra. Perhaps 15k is a better value.