Home Discussions General Discussions
We're making some changes thanks to the feedback received from the PTB. For more details, click here.

What brought you to Dbd?

124»

Comments

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 9,553
  • Nunya_NunyabizNunya_Nunyabiz Member Posts: 30

I hope this isn't too late... I was watching a lot of horror games and some youtubers got recommended to me (monto, demi, and noob3)

Then what solidified the deal we're the horror icons but the one that made me buy it was the pig I just HAD to play her

And though she feels gimmicky and sometimes really weak, shes still my favorite, this is a great game and I enjoy playing it, though I like watching it more.

• TheRoyalOwlTheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 720

I found the game after the Vanoss crew played it when dbd released Micheal.

But the first time I actually played the game was in April this year, I game shared with one of my friends and they had the game.

• AlmoAlmo Member, Dev Posts: 795

Pig is not weak. She's got a pretty high kill rate even in red ranks. :)

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,122

@KiraElijah brought me to dbd

• KiraElijahKiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    edited December 2019

@GrootDude yep sure did,and I brought you to the forums

• The_Second_ComingThe_Second_Coming Member Posts: 1,110

Miguel.

• LemeTheMemeLemeTheMeme Member Posts: 378

It all started with F13: The Game.

I met a lot of people on there and they also played DbD. Naturally I joined them with it! I started palying between the releases of Huntress and Leatherface.

Funny how a competing game brought a lot of new players to DbD 🤔

• KharKhar Member Posts: 235

I didn't even know Dead by Daylight existed until my friend gifted it to me at launch. I physically have trouble using Keyboard and Mouse for playing most games, but it had controller support for someone like me. It was super scary and I loved it as survivor. When I got into killer, it was also a blast, until I got higher in ranks and went up against the old exploits (infinites, etc).

I still love DbD and hope it eventually reaches a point where it's better balanced. The fun is often countered by the frustrating aspects that still plague it, but I play it still because deep down there's a really good game in here that we all enjoy and keep coming back to.

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 3,677

I found it through Achievement Hunter, and joined when clown was released. What drew me in was the promise of being a powerful killer hunting survivors through the woods... but then I joined and found it very different when I got higher in rank.

Then Legion came out and I like being a stabby little angsty teen running through the woods...

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 3,677

Some of us don't know what it means... However, some of us actually want balance...

• HellDescentHellDescent Member Posts: 3,403

Free for ps+. Used to be fun before I started encountering all the bugs in the game

• AlainaAlaina Member Posts: 36

Free download on PlayStation. Got absolutely sucked in and ended up buying the game for myself (I wasn't a big gamer at the time and didn't have my own account or ps4). It's one of those games that I just find interesting. I love horror games but most of them are stories that end. This one I can play infinitely. The variety of killers is nice too. Im never really able to main a character because I love all of them; especially the designs. Most games I'll find a main and eventually get bored but not this one!

• ElkElk Member Posts: 2,227

I had seen this when it first came out followed it for a while to see if it would come to console. It didn't so i stopped following until i heard it did by it being on the PS store for PS Plus. So i got it. Haven't regret it since. :)

• StorntStornt Member Posts: 145

Simple, SxyHxy playing Myers. Boy did that rope me in, I really wanted to play my man Mikey.

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,520

I used to play F13 A LOT with my friend group and it was a great time. The game started to slowly die so I jumped over to DBD and convinced all of them to buy it as well. Took a while as I joined in March 2018 and they didn’t join until July 2018 (pretty sure the BBQ event).

The reason I joined was one reason. Michael Myers. I’ve always loved Myers and wanted a video game for Myers. If it wasn’t for Myers I probably wouldn’t have joined DBD as soon as I did. That’s why I believe licensed chapters are beneficial because it’ll bring in players because they see their favorite horror icon.

• JarethJareth Member Posts: 20

Had some friends tell me about the closed beta and I got in on that. I really liked the horror vibe and had a lot of fun playing with them in KYF. I ended up buying it when it went on sale Halloween of 2016. Been addicted since then.

• The_Bootie_GorgonThe_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 1,227

I don't remember when I got it exactly, but it was after the release of COD WW2. I needed a multiplayer fix and tried out some other games. I had seen dbd but was always a COD junkie. I picked up a used copy from game flop and it's been my main game since then.

I actually enjoy the new COD, but DBD is my go to game.

I gotta fit in some SW Jedi: fallen order though. I bought the game when it released and barely started playing last nite...

• AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 3,998

I brought me here.

• TunnelVisionTunnelVision Member Posts: 848

It was free in the PS store.

• FogNoobFogNoob Member Posts: 84

When it was free on PS Plus.

I've always been interested in the game but I didnt have any friends to play with so couldnt be bothered to give it a try. Then it was free on Playstation and I just had to try it. I was immediately hooked, what a great game. Had to buy all the dlc after that hahah, so I guess it was a good strategy giving it away on PS+.