Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.0.0 is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

Why do people think wraith is top tier?

Bootleg Ghostface(has to give a sound que when going outa stealth)

No chase potential(windstorm addons don't help against an optimal team

Comments

• Steel_EyedSteel_Eyed Member Posts: 655

I don’t even think those are Wraith’s best combos but Tru3 is very good at the game and it’s clear (as Otz said) he has discovered his playstyle.

Otz made me a better Trapper. Umbra made me a better Huntress. Ohtofu made me a better Hillbilly.

This is tru3’s.

• big_fellasbig_fellas Member Posts: 273

Eh, depends on how you define "top tier". If your tier list is based on add ons then yeah Wraith has some really good add-ons that make him extremely viable. But I think most Killers are extremely viable when considering their best add ons in a tier list.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 14,020

@op I don’t think him or Ghostface are top tier.

• premiumRICEpremiumRICE Member Posts: 692

wraith is strong but addons dependant.

you can patrol superquick gens, you always have the first hit on survs and if you play it well you can have all 4 injured with thanatophobia and sloppy and then you are basically a rank 3 myers.

• ocafghanistanocafghanistan Member Posts: 3,347

I'm waiting to see the statement bubba is top tier

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 2,111

Because there is no middle ground. If someone finds a build that functions they're top tier, until then they're garbage tier.

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 6,716

Wraith is only as good as the player using him. Wraith depends on getting in that surprise first hit so that the chase is halved. If a Wraith player never thinks about their approach to get the jump on survivors, they’re rarely gonna get that first hit in, and will likely do poorly with him.

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,411

Because Tru3Tal3nt said so. When a very popular streamer states their opinion on something, people are bound to follow and agree with them.

Tru3 is a great killer. I just don’t agree with his tier list. Ghostface is not #3 and Wraith is FAR from #4. No way he can compete with the likes of Nurse and Spirit.

Wraith is not a bad killer WITH add-ons. With his strongest add-ons he is on the lower end of mid-tier. Without add-ons he is not great. He’s slow while cloaked and has no map pressure.

There is just too many killers in mid-tier for there to be room for Bing Bong.

• silverwolf4455silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 470

I dont know anyone that thinks wraith is top tier. He is viable with some of his stronger addons but he is mid maybe mid hi tier.

• Aura_babyyAura_babyy Member Posts: 575

I'm gonna put my two cents in and say this.

The way Tru3 was playing wraith was fine. His stratagem is what earned him 4k games a lot.

One thing that bothers me is that if you watch Tru3 you will notice that he fails to truly explain what makes Wraith "Top tier". In my eyes, he was explaining why HE was the one doing good with wraith. Also, no need to obviously point out the crutches, such as Ruin/Nurse's Calling/ Silent bell... these perks are fine, but should one single perk build that he uses universally for most of his killers be what defines a Killer's position in the meta?

By his use of addons and perks. Really, most killers should be pretty powerful right?

Black incense Plague?

That one Oni addon that allows you to see aura when a survivor touches a blood orb?

Ghost face caught on camera??

Cmon people.

• NinoV1NinoV1 Member Posts: 382

Underrated maybe, but definitely not top tier.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 4,669

Wraith is very underrated and I've maintained that since his buffs. I wouldn't call him top tier though.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 1,122

Very underrated to say the least

If anything Tru3 showed that if you don't restrict yourself for no reason you can do wel even with killers who are deemed "bad"

People honestly need to let go on tier list a bit

Spirit is only "top tier" if you play her well

Same with Wraith, some people cling to tierlist like they are the new testament

• oxygenoxygen Member Posts: 1,396

Because Tru3 seems like he defines a "win" with pipping, and Wraith sorta prints emblems like mad when played in the hit-and-run style that he plays, especially with addons that help the playstyle out. Otzdarva sorta touched on this in his video.

He's completely right that Wraith is underrated and the way he plays him can be quite effective and fun, but I'm just confused as to why people think it's something new (same with the no-stalk Ghostface playstyle). Of course stealthy killers are good at an ambush-oriented playstyle. In my eyes that sorta goes without saying 😄

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 1,201

Ghostface is definitely top tier. Wraith I don't think is without add-ons that remove ability to know hes uncloaking etc.

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,411

How is Ghostface top tier? He’s a solid killer but in no way can he compete with the likes of Nurse, Spirit, Billy, Hag, or Oni who are all top tier killers. He’s probably the best stealth killer but not a top tier killer.

• PrettyFaceKatePrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 977
    edited December 2019

Underrated in the hands of a skilled player with the right build is a more fair description in my opinion, but that's true for many other killer characters.

BHVR: did you guys just say nerf pig and legion?! Comin' right up!

• FearlessHunterFearlessHunter Member Posts: 300

All it takes is one streamer to get a 4K with any killer and they instantly go “OMG THIS KILLER IS TOP TIER” then everyone else agrees with them.

Cant wait for the day some streamer says leatherface is top tier

• xEaxEa Member Posts: 1,546

Next time, he gets crushed by a decent team, Wraith magically becomes F Tier again.

• TruEternityTruEternity Member Posts: 74

I wouldn't say he is top tier, but definitely underrated. With the right build and strategy he can limit a lot of options. But top tier, not really, he still is perk and add on dependent in a super bad way, so in my mind he can never be the best if that's the case.

• arslaNarslaN Member Posts: 1,807

He said wraith was the 3rd or 4th best killer in the game and he was better than hillbilly.

• MyNamePeteMyNamePete Member Posts: 749

because he learned chases aren’t important,

he learned it was more efficient to leave them because they’ll have to heal and then run back to a gen while you chase someone whos out-positioned

• ruler33ruler33 Member Posts: 242

because a popular figure in the committee said so meaning a lot of people will agree with him without actually looking at the facts that wraith is still bad.