Home Discussions General Discussions

Did buffing killers/nerfing survivors result in more SWF creating the killer shortage at red ranks

Comments

• ZtarShotZtarShot Member Posts: 773

You're some of the survivor mains that gives bad names to all of us. Shame on you, killer is very difficult.

• KharKhar Member Posts: 413

You're listing off all the bad things in the past that were changed, but omitting all the bad things that are still currently in the game. It makes you come off as disingenuous to the topic.

• EchorionEchorion Member Posts: 3,354

It just makes lower ranked killers play against red rank SWF groups is all it does atm lol.

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 6,282

The killers weren't able to see ranks and lvls, that was info shared amongst your teammates.

• WhoDatNinjaWhoDatNinja Member Posts: 25

Glad to see other players do it too. I play both im rank 2 in survivor and rank 4 in killer and if i can get 2 to 3 kills as killer on average with no perks or add ons then i think we have more baby killers than anything in high ranks. I honestly think survivors need more buffs considering how easy killer is and have always been.

• KabuKabu Member Posts: 926

Bait? This must be bait....

"How easy killer has always been and survivors need buffs." Just.... No. You're not helping at all.

• dont_ask_me_againdont_ask_me_again Member Posts: 490
    edited December 2019

It’s because SWF gets matched with the highest player... the devs should do what siege does lately where the MMR needs to be a certain distance apart.

i.e. Reds can only swf with reds/purples, purples can only swf with reds/purples/greens... etc.

• FearedbytheGodsFearedbytheGods Member Posts: 476

What I see is that killer is in such a ridiculous OP state that there's no point to soloq. SWF places pressure on lobbies trying to sync up a 4man game placing pressure on game find times.

When you see games at lower tiers its an absolute trainwreck where new soloq players are getting completely decimated making ~5kBP per game.

It's been years and years of survivor nerfs but we get a round of killer nerfs to try and get this game back to 50% kills and the killer community goes bananas.

Before PC went to dedicated servers Id see 2/3:1 survivor:killer ratio.

The issue isn't that we don't have enough killers.

• Mellow7Mellow7 Member Posts: 774

Pallet vaccums still exist, not to the extent that they used to teleport you in front of the pallet but instead now delaying a pallet drop can vaccum you back into the pallet giving the killer the illusion that you made an unsafe play and ran past the pallet, which in some instances this can be sorta BS because I've seen players delay this to the max range.

• FearedbytheGodsFearedbytheGods Member Posts: 476

Compared to release? Killer absolutely is easier in 2019.

• FabVFabV Member Posts: 173

Before, you just had to 4k to double pip. Now it's much harder to gain ranks as killer.

I play 50/50, prefer killer, consider myself better killer than survivor, still my survivor rank is higher !

• TalmeerTalmeer Member Posts: 1,435

The short answer on the question of the thread is:

Because there is nothing to gain, besides headaches.

Headaches, because of a rising toxicity, because of dominating 4xswfs and well performing coordinated survivor groups.

Headaches that you maybe play a killer who can't handle the red ranks like the famous 3, or maybe famous 2 since the last nurse patch. Don't have read the nurse changes yet, but when I see the forum threads in this forum... They seem to pretty unhappy.

Some might say "then play Hillbilly!!!" and while then another killer would make the game more boring, because more of the same killer (yay...) in the same ranks, it would not make me happy.

Why should someone play with a character he dislikes, in a toxic enviroment, where he has a high chance to lose a match because of highly organized survivor groups, under the stress of doing your objective fast as possible, for nothing to gain?

Well besides headaches... of course.

• TunnelVisionTunnelVision Member Posts: 863

Just delete killers in general. Problem solved.

• Thanatos_xThanatos_x Member Posts: 201

I think the real question is are you still waiting in que?

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Of course there is a killer shortage, especially at red ranks. Killers have instant lobbies, survivors have to wait, doesn't matter if you are red or green. If there was no shortage, queue times would be different.

And red rank survivors are facing green and purple killers all the time.

• SylorknagSylorknag Member Posts: 760

Holy [BAD WORD], and the game still pretty survivor sided.

Guess it was pretty fked up back then, uh.

• KaelumKaelum Member Posts: 977

Nice way to change the context. We were talking about recent changes, and recent queue times. I don’t think that anyone would consider 1 year as being, recent. However, over YOUR 1 year, there have been just as many survivor buffs, so your point is moot.

Are you trolling? When killers get instant lobbies and survivors have to wait, that does mean that there are only few killers and lots of survivors.

• projecteulogyprojecteulogy Member Posts: 671

Killer shortage? so i'm waiting 10-60 minutes for a game as killer why? Oh thats right. Lack of survivors. Top it off with a DC and i'm waiting even longer or a farming game.

People talk about how its unfun to play killer against but have never played the game solo to red ranks. People want "game balance" but have no clue where to start.

The main problem is the entire community is overly entitled to either all survive or get a 4k. That's the reality of it.

• OutlandOutland Member Posts: 535

Survivors do not adapt, they complain until all aspects of a killer are nerfed to the point that they are easily pallet looped. If a different tactic is needed for the killer to be avoided, survivors do anything but adapt, they in fact complain until that mechanic is basically gutted, and the Killer becomes yet another M1 killer.

There aren't enough killers in general, there especially aren't enough red rank killers.

I'm red. I get matched against green and purple rank killers the majority of my matches. I also have to wait some time for a lobby.

(When I play killer, I get instant lobbies.)