Home Technical Issues

NAT type error

PyloXonPyloXon Member Posts: 11

Hey. I'm from Iran and I'm getting nat type error each time. It happens randomly but the chance to get the error is something like 80%. Also, I asked about 7 friends (they're all from Iran aswell) and they are all facing the same problem. I'm assuming Russia and Pakistan are facing the same problem (saying this because there was some speculation that we get this error because of sanctions). The only way to solve it is to use vpn but vpn costs alot and it also ruins our ping. I tried port-forwarding, changing DMZ, UPnP, switching NAT, changing dns but non of them worked. I'm also assuming this is dbd's problem, not our problem because I (and my friends) can play other multiplayer games without any problem. We really like dbd but we really can't play it with this problem, I'd appreciate any dev/cm responding and noticing this problem so much.

Comments

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 4,447

Russia definitely has an issue right now because ISP's are blocking amazon services, which is what DbD uses.

If you have the same problem in Iran, then there's basically nothing you can do to work around it, other than the VPN you mentioned. However I know the dev's ARE looking into that issue as they communicated something about it earlier this week. :)

• PyloXonPyloXon Member Posts: 11

Thanks for noticing, that's great to hear :)

• niemniemnieeemniemniemnieeem Member Posts: 80
    edited December 2019

could you please stop telling about Amazon services everywhere? clearly most people facing this issue are using PC(including this person here) and that means Amazon can't be involved since everything goes through Steam. plus people suffering from Host Unreachable on PS4 are literally commenting here and their regions are NA and Argentina so no chance it's Amazon cause Amazon is not restricted at least in NA region. and also not everyone in Russia are affected. not even a particular internet provider. i know a person in Moscow who literally lives 20 minutes away from me, using same provider with same plan and not having the Host Unreachable. i also know people in Ukraine and Belgium are affected. their Amazon is not restricted. this issue has something to do with the matchmaking and it feels like devs can't even assume what's wrong.

@PyloXon i am sorry that you're also affected, Amazon has nothing to do with our issue. for 3 months already i'm facing the same error that recently turned worse. now it's an infinite loading screen instead of HU error and it means not just waiting out the loading time but literally killing the game in task manager and starting it again every time. i don't fukin know, i'm so pissed tbh.

now it's an infinite loading screen instead of HU error and it means not just waiting out the loading time but literally killing the game in task manager and starting it again every time.

That's also the case for me right now. I'm just really hoping devs are aware of it...

they are but they don't know why it happens. 3 months already =/

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 4,447

Congrats on being wrong.

DbD doesn't use steam networking. It uses their own matchmaking system that goes through AWS, which is an amazon service.

That is LITERALLY what i've been told by the devs and what others have confirmed with a simple tracert command and monitoring the network manager.

I get that your angry, but don't accuse me of spreading false information.

edited December 2019

then how do you explain the fact that not WHOLE Russia is affected and this part specifically:

i know a person in Moscow who literally lives 20 minutes away from me, using same provider with same plan and not having the Host Unreachable.

if the service is "blocked" as you said, why not everyone in a region experienced this issue and also why were we still able to play just had to face certain difficulties? and also why people in regions that are not "blocked" also have same issue?

man, maybe they do use Amazon services for all i care. it just makes 0 sense that blocked region will only have the error sometimes and not for literally all residents. and also 0 sense that people in regions where service isn't blocked still experiencing same fukin issue.

might as well be right, sure, that they USE the service. it still makes no sense that this was happening. and this was my main point of your disinformation. yeah i am wrong about service they used but it still doesn't mean you're right saying it causes something.

also, the error is gone. now it transformed to infinite loading screen or just kicks back to character select in a bit without a message. did they change the Amazon services lol?

By the way as I'm speaking, I'm not getting infinite loading/errors anymore. I don't know if they're really solving it or I'm just extremely lucky. I'd be thankful if KhaineGB could gather some information from devs and tell us if they did any changes on servers.

• irziziirzizi Member Posts: 2

still have this problem in iran

ping pass may help any one tried?

i dont want play with proxy this make my ping 250 and higher with my server in france "softether protocol"

tried port forwarding and not work at all (I have nat type error)

even used wireshark on game and AWS IPs are reachable to iran, maybe some of them are banned us by service which can't be tested