We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

I dislike this new rank reset

Comments

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 2,111

In aus at the moment, at least at the red ranks, my survivor queues are basically instant but my killer ones are longer. It differs between regions.

• Jplanas98Jplanas98 Member Posts: 299

Yeah I don't understand How they made such a stupid mistake. Did they not realize that this isn't preventing good players from bullying low rank players, its keeping terrible players in higher ranks.

• rd_dexrd_dex Member Posts: 214
    edited December 2019

Another change that will make solo survivor a even more miserable experience, I hate it wholeheartedly. It sure will make a killers job easier though.

• CashelP14CashelP14 Member Posts: 1,037

That's unfortunate for you mate. If your not ready for the really good/sweaty killers the game shouldn't force you to be matched with them all the time.

As killer I like those chill games against bad survivors but they don't want to face me. That's probably why I get so many hate messages saying I'm either cheating or am getting reported for slugging.

Yea pretty easily. If I started at rank 10 tomorrow and played maybe 2 hours a day I'd be back at rank 1 by the end of the week.

This is why people complain about the stats. Killers know that there are survivors who can destroy them, with no real way of stopping them. However they'll get a load of games where they'll destroy baby survivors easily and that creates the stats such as freddy having a 80% kill rate at rank 1.

• PistolTimbPistolTimb Member Posts: 1,414

It's no different to me. People are just as sweaty as they've ever been. Keys every game, gens flying by. Forced to slug every match if I want to win. Luckily haven't seen any cancerous clickers yet, but they're always around.

• KenshinKenshin Member Posts: 912

you want chill game? what do you mean? to bully low rank players? not anymore ;)

• MissKitty95MissKitty95 Member Posts: 152
    edited December 2019

The games I’ve been having since rank reset are a joke be4 rank reset I was having fun good games good chases, fun killers good team mates ..... I’m not playing for a few days until it all gose back to normal, I tend to do this every rank reset, I don’t play for 2-3 days then it’s all normal again , and I can have fun , also I tried to play killer to do my daily’s and rift challenges . Why is rank 17 so hard to get a game ? I havnt played killer for a while so I’ve stoped right down to bottom ranks but the wait time to get a game is ridiculous, I really think just get rid of rank and just let everyone play, I understand it’s to separate skill but honestly is it working .... no lol just remove the feauture all together

• ifeelthelagsifeelthelags Member Posts: 12

75% of the games in the last days the killer just DC after loading screen. I get sick of that.

• rharha Member Posts: 120

As for the first issue: I am one of the people who didn't play that much to rank up a lot. However: My only reason for wishing to rank up as survivor was actually getting matched with better teammates. If ranking up is made ridiculously easy then yeah I do rank up quite well, but I'm not getting matched with better teammates, because all the people even worse than me (I'm not among the best players, I don't belong on red ranks) who just play a lot more are long there waiting for me at the high ranks (the actually better ones are probably organized in 4SWFs to avoid the people who don't belong to higher ranks).

All I get is much sweatier killers because much unlike the survivor pip system, the killer emblem system is pretty much unforgiving, especially at higher ranks. And going with people who can't stand on their feet for even 15 seconds after being spotted against a super sweaty wrecking ball of a killer is not a good experience.

The initial emblems system for survivor was a bit too hard to pip especially at low ranks where noone could play the game properly. The current system is just throwing pips at you for being in the game.

The best solution for me would have been to keep pipping more difficult for survivors (but not as hard as initially) and then make time between rank resets longer so that those who don't play so much have time to rank up if they are able to.

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,065

I see it more as “Let’s have it so EVERYBODY can get to Rank 1”. It’s not going to be hard to get to red ranks (it already wasn’t hard) but every potato is going to be able to get to red ranks.

• SafetyOffSafetyOff Member Posts: 60

First time high ranked in a competitive game?

Dont worry, you will still have incompetent players 50% of the time, and trolls the other 25% of the time. Even if they made the perfect ranking system.

• PalletsAndHooksPalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 10

Get used to your own prestige.

• ZFennecFoxZFennecFox Member Posts: 209

I honestly felt like the new rank reset is pointless. If you keep all the skilled survivors together in purple and red ranks then there is no one to teach the lower ranks to run loops.

We get annoyed at getting paired up with inexperienced survivors but the more we play with them the better they get.

Anyway that's how I feel about it.

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 3,379

It's a catch 22 scenario.

The change to the ranking system for swf means more red ranks playing with lower ranks causes and imbalance of players.

The challenges have also cashed long queue times due to players changing sides.

They have now changed the rank system to stop people from deranking too much and make it easier in essense to rank up on both sides to try and help with the imbalance.

New players in the long run will find it extremely hard to get matches as everyone who plays will end up around green ranks minimum over the next month or two.

I forsee a huge issue for new players coming very soon. If players are naturally going to be on purple downwards I think they need to widen the new player search to compensate for this.

• ZtarShotZtarShot Member Posts: 367

I was reset from 13 to 12 •~•

• Angelicus23Angelicus23 Member Posts: 959

Why isn't the same feeling with the rift? As they dont' play a lot to rank up, they can't complete the rift

• tetsuotetsuo Member Posts: 151

What's wrong with this ?

Our ranks are now close than the previous ones, which is better than the old rank resets. Top players stay with top players, noobs stay with noobs.

Having to deal with skilled killers is good, that's how you learn what mistakes you've done and you should do to be better and as effective as you are rn.

• zaquintarzaquintar Member Posts: 48

I think that would be a great idea. I used to wait until the rank reset to try out the killers I had the least experience with, but now I can't because I immediately get paired with survivors at my most skilled killer level and it's just sad

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 3,254

I guess Main Reason was exactly this - new players should not be matched with experience players who just got ranked down because of Rank Reset. With 6 Ranks Disparity, it is indeed possible that a Red Rank is facing a new player after Rank Reset.

However, I see the problem in two areas:

First, like you mentioned, new players will have it harder to find games. I know it from my friend, he rarely plays Killer, but started to do so because of the Archives, as Rank 18. He had to wait so long to find a game. This might now even be harder.

Second, quality of games. The games near end of Season were horrible on Survivor Side. People are barely Red Rank because they just reached it near the end of the Season. This will not be the case anymore, people who struggled to Rank up from 11 to 4 (or whatever Rank they were after Rank Reset) will now have it way easier to get into Red Ranks, resulting in an overall loss of quality. Sure, Rank did not matter that people where High-skilled, but now it does matter even less.

And for me - I rather go against more experienced/less experienced people (or play with them) if I have good queue times.

Sorry to say that, but people who barely play the game should not expect to get as much as people who play it much more. This does not work like that in any game. If you play more, you get more.

Someone who plays half an hour per day should not expect to get to Rank 1 as easy as someone who plays 3 hours per day.

• FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 1,608

Thank you so much for this. I don't play much anymore for various reasons. And one thing that keeps me from coming back is the knowledge that I've been pushed down so far I have to fight through the low ranks to get decent teammates again.

And as a killer, it's kinda boring ripping through bad survivors because I've been pushed down so far.

Nope. Was a really high rank in both overwatch and rl a few years ago. Can't remember the ranks of either since I haven't played either in so long.

In most games you do get those bad players who somehow have made their way to the higher ranks but I'd say they at least knew what they were doing. It's pretty surprising how many survivors at red ranks still can't loop.

If I'm matched with a player who has the same rank as me I'd like to believe they are at a similar skill level as me.

• HeartboundHeartbound Member Posts: 391

Perhaps we bad players that will finally balance the game. Killers will be less stressed. More survivors that want to relax will be in red ranks.

It is us who camp in a locker and wait for the killer to close the hatch and open the door with wake up and zoom out.

It is us who run Windows of opportunity because we wouldn't know where every pallet was anyway.

It is us who run ds but play stealthily to the point it only sees use on hard tunnel. We are the balance and we come whether we like it or not.

Optimal? More like uh...not optimal. Deja Vu team on indoor map buildings represent!

• CrowFoxyCrowFoxy Member Posts: 852
  • DaGreenBoltDaGreenBolt Member Posts: 398

Yeah same, mainly because old rank reset utterly annihilate yellow and grey rank survivors and killers.

I remember as a new and inexperirnce player when playing killer, ater rank reset I faced against so many red rank and purple rank worthy survivors, which utterly destroyed me with me getting either 0 hooks or just a few.

• DaGreenBoltDaGreenBolt Member Posts: 398

I think its mainly people are not playing killer anymore.

Heck i'm starting to play survivor more than usual, I played like 50-50 killer and survivor now its like 70% survivor and now 30% killer.

• StrodeWinsStrodeWins Member Posts: 274

honestly i don’t like it either. i get many more tryhards that bring moris. like i’ve seen nonstop moris.

really it’s annoying lol

• Thanatos_xThanatos_x Member Posts: 198

There's always going to be bad survivors at red ranks lol, there's nothing to be done about that