Home Bug Reports Platform Specific Issues PC
The 4.3.1 Bugfix Patch drops today. For release times and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/201738
You are currently reviewing the archived bug reports section. To report a new issue, please use the new bug reports section found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs
If you are experiencing the Rank Update Error, please click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125133/

RANK UPDATE ERROR

Comments

• Bark2996Bark2996 Member Posts: 18

I'm losing any reason to keep playing if every match the game wont update my performance. kinda sucks considering having roughly 3600 hours on the game too. I guess I have to play something else if they ever do fix this major issue instead of working on cosmetics I've been seeing around lately.

• Bark2996Bark2996 Member Posts: 18

This game bug is a major issue and I would like at least a statement from the devs working on this and acknowledging it this is unnacceptable. fix this NOW please. All these hours wasted.

• SilentSpectreSilentSpectre Member Posts: 773

Have you tried verifying your game files?

• SecundusSecundus Member Posts: 50

I tried reinstalling, verifying and I even contacted the support with the logs and there hasn't been a single update regarding such a major issue. Truly disappointing.

• XplsvXplsv Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2019

The only thing that fixes this issue is using VPN, now not only you have to buy the game+dlcs, but also third party software to truly enjoy the game on higher ranks. First reports of this issue were like FOUR MONTHS ago and the only thing they said is that ''THEY ARE AWARE OF IT'' and lets be honest here, id rather have one lagswitching killer every 50games than having an unplayable game after they implemented dedicated servers, its just unacceptable in so many ways.

• MapelisaMapelisa Member Posts: 1

Yeah, November 17th and I still have this problem, and I'm from Latin America / Brazil server.

• itsDreamyitsDreamy Member Posts: 1

still same error, We all beginning to hate this game because of this issue. The dev team is aware of the issue and they just don't give a f. What a dissapointment...

• SecundusSecundus Member Posts: 50

Same here.

• ZhuKZhuK Member Posts: 9

I've had this error for months at this point. It is unbeliavable how it can take so much time to fix this issue considering how unacceptable it is to not being able to rank up, in addition to being kicked from lobbies randomly and not even able to play with friends in some situations.

• JetgrindJetgrind Member Posts: 3

I just got this error for the first time and i see that there is no fix or solution on our end. i want to play the game but it feels riskey being that its soo buggy right now

• AMOLUDUSAMOLUDUS Member Posts: 29

Platform: Windows 10 x64

Description of the issue: rank update error

Steps to reproduce (if possible): after end a match this happening

How often does this occur: all match

Please be sure to attach any screenshots, videos, or logs (if on PC) that you may have if you believe they could help us find the issue.

• bonanbonan Member Posts: 6

Error 1:Unknown Error

When try to play SWF I just get booted out of the lobby when we get matched while my buddy stays at the SWF lobby just fine.This is making me furious because I can't even play at this point.CAN YOU FIX YOUR GOD DAMN GAME I LITERALLY CAN'T PLAY

Error 2: Rank Update Error

Wow,I got into the match by a miracle,finished it and guess what?RANK UPDATE ERROR.EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.Thanks BHVR.

• calvinvaleriancalvinvalerian Member Posts: 43

Lol devs, don't mind the language. That's the side effect of letting furious people coded in DNA level play DBD.

• bonanbonan Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2019

Ok.The "Rank Update" has been plaguing me for a month or two now.I can't rank up.At all.And now I literally can't play as survivor,how are you expecting me to act up?

Also I'm usually a calm guy but that is getting irritating are you understanding me?

• calvinvaleriancalvinvalerian Member Posts: 43

Yes I can understand you. I was just saying that the devs made this game and this is the side effect of letting people play their gory game and to not mind the swearings you included in the forum because maybe some developers might not wanna read discussion with swearing words.

Just being wise here.

• WillWolf76WillWolf76 Member Posts: 19

This happened to me twice in four games so far. I thought the first was a fluke but now it happened a second time. I haven't gotten a DC ban but I was in the middle of playing games when it happened.

My computer was completely refreshed recently and this game was newly installed today. I am gonna try and exit the game and restart it to see if it continues. Will post more info as I learn more.

Anyone else having this issue should get details too so we can isolate the problem and help the DEVs fix it.

• WillWolf76WillWolf76 Member Posts: 19

Happened again just now, I would say game 7. Game 5 there was a DC while loading so we never got to play. Now I have a 30 minute wait to play because of this issue. Was in the middle of doing a gen when it happened unlike last time I was scouting the killer to see an opening to get someone off the hook. So what I am doing in game doesn't seem to matter.

• mynacomynaco Member Posts: 20

Don't be wise buddy. If they don't care enough to fix this stupid error for about 5 months, they deserve to read these kinds of posts. If you someday happen to get this error on your network, you won't be able to suppress the urge to post such comments.

• AMOLUDUSAMOLUDUS Member Posts: 29

fix this Behaviour

• gutekx123gutekx123 Member Posts: 1

December 20 and this error is still there

• shadowalkersshadowalkers Member Posts: 7

Fifty same topics have been opened. people cannot play the game because of the systematic problem of the game. However, the developers can not solve a problem for months. if they can't let them go

• EwichaEwicha Member Posts: 2

I have the same issue. Its been my second week and I get these errors every 2nd or 3rd game. I have lost so much progress and not even talking about my poor nerves..

• DeadKeyDeadKey Member Posts: 4

After pipping or de-pipping the "RANK UPDATE ERROR" occurs and I am being thrown back to the "press any key" screen. If I black-pip the bug do not occur. Can't play game literally. Did every fix possible. Nothing works. Fix that [BAD WORD].

Disappointed... again. This bug existed now like more than half a year for other players too. 😤🤬

After pipping or de-pipping the "RANK UPDATE ERROR" occurs and I am being thrown back to the "press any key" screen. If I black-pip the bug do not occur. Can't play game literally. Did every fix possible. Nothing works. Fix that [BAD WORD].

Disappointed... again. This bug existed now like more than half a year for other players too. 😤🤬

• DarktronikDarktronik Member Posts: 94

yes. no words on any fix.

every game I play, it happens!

this needs attention

This game has these kind of problems that takes ages to fix since launch.